Random Thoughts....

Just got back from Barclays for my new bank account. They say it will take a week for my check to clear, and for me to get my card.

I've stocked up on food, so I should be ok. But the worst part is not being able to buy beer, or go to a pub. GOD DAMMIT

If you really run into problems, I do still have some relatives and resources in the UK. Ask if you really need to.

Oh wow lol! That certainly is random, but that's awesome. Is he a nice guy like he seems?

Yeah, he's really lovely. Was a nice chat!

I saw Wal-Mart (yeah, I know...) has a 17.3" Acer notebook with 500gb and 4gb memory for about $498. I think it's an Aspire 7540 but I can't be too sure about that. My last laptop was an Acer and it lasted about 5 or 6 years after four years in I had to replace the motherboard. I just want something that could run CS4/CS5 apps and maybe a few games without lagging, have over 2GB of Ram and decent storage.

I saw Wal-Mart (yeah, I know...) has a 17.3" Acer notebook with 500gb and 4gb memory for about $498. I think it's an Aspire 7540 but I can't be too sure about that. My last laptop was an Acer and it lasted about 5 or 6 years after four years in I had to replace the motherboard. I just want something that could run CS4/CS5 apps and maybe a few games without lagging, have over 2GB of Ram and decent storage.

Looks like a pretty good deal just don't expect a lot of gaming performance. Basic (graphically) stuff like the Sims and older games might work ok.

I know Ragnarok Online would be fantastic on it but you're probably right. Games like COH or Champions Online would be crap on it but WOW ran pretty well on our current desktop which is pretty crappy. I'm not even going to think about running DC Online on it but I think that got pushed back to next year so hopefully I'll have a proper gaming PC by then.

Last edited:
MMOs actually have pretty low system requirements in general. It will probably run WoW and CoH. Not sure about Champions, but only because I've never seen it in action.

So you guys will love this.

There was a lecture today on Dark Matter, which sounded interesting (compared to other topics) and so I attended. For the entire 1 hour and 10 minute presentation I wasn't focusing on this chick - mostly because she was way in the back of the room.

However when I got up to leave I spotted her.

She had a black leather corset on, black fingernails, BIG black leather boots and her tits were spilling out of the shit like crazy.

First of all, you're a but-her-face, so adding all this black leather isn't going to help your appearance. Second of all. THIS IS THE ASTROPHYSICS DEPARTMENT. WTF gave you the idea that this was appropriate attire?!

My first thought was: Halloween is still a couple of weeks away. My second thought was: What if she dresses like this everyday?

Maybe she saw dark matter lecture and thought that's where I can meet a lot of single guys.

On a side note, I think dark matter and dark energy are very interesting. :(

She was trying to channel Abbi from NCIS and had a bad line?

Just watched it after reading this.......

the leg breaking scene.......I had one of those 2 years back, still gives me the shivers when I think about it, but a double one ? OUCH! AW! Blooddy hell dammit!

Yeah, that was what got me the most - I don't much like the sight of human bones. Thankfully I finally managed to go to sleep, albeit at 10 in the morning, and I'm fine now. But ugggghhh...now I have to manage to throw myself back into a "normal" sleep schedule because I have a job interview tomorrow at 11 in the morning. I really hope I'm able to actually fall asleep at a decent time tonight, but knowing my insomnia I won't.

Maybe she saw dark matter lecture and thought that's where I can meet a lot of single guys.

On a side note, I think dark matter and dark energy are very interesting. :(

True that. Also. Ouch :(.

If she was even remotely cute then I would definitely have written that differently.

:lol: That woman couldn't be serious. Like anyone is going to be paying attention to her during a lecture like that.

Dude it was just... yeah awkward. The only thing that would be more awkward is if one of the male grad students did that.

And brb wiping my eyes and cleaning my brain with detergent.

Her ugly ass tits and face are gonna haunt me tonight I think.

Think about summer glau.. think about summer glau. Think about Olivia Wilde... Aaaah much better.

Don't open this. I am warning you not to open this.

rosie-odonnell-exit-to-eden.jpg

So what's that supposed to tell us that Americans do well because Afghanistan is the only country with no consumption of alcohol and a high fertility rate? It's interesting that there is at least some alcohol consumed in Saudi Arabia, the country where you can buy yeast by the kilo in supermarkets.