Random Thoughts....

In other news, I have decided to quit smoking tomorrow.

As i said upthread, quitting cold turkey worked perfectly for me.

Ow the wrong question - invites the answer no. Suss the place out and get ahold of the man who can hire and fire, be all keen on his stock. Find out (say cameras) as much as you can about Cameras and go in a few times. There may then be an opportunity to say something along the lines of "I'd love to do this for a living you are so lucky to do what you love as your job." and finally say I am look around at the moment for a position if you every get a vacancy just give me a call. ?

Ok may not work but on the other hand may just do. Obviously change the above to fit in with your own circumstances. There was a TV program here in the 1980s that illustrates all too clearly problems with jobs - with other things. (For Brits - Yosser Hughes - Gizza a job)

thanks Cobol, i'll give it a try anyway. can't hurt to give it a shot. my thanks to all for the words of support as well. wasn't in a good mood when i came back. as usual FG comes to the rescue again.

I don't know who Barbara is, but her cheese puff things are delicious.

Jesus you guys talk a lot on a day.

As for the drama, shouldn't we have like a venting thread for that?

Random thoughts:

I'm bored
I want tea
GLaDOS voice actress's commentary is strangely creepy.

Just saw an advert for the american TG. I was surprised as hell.

thanks all for letting me get that out of my system, rant over. i'll keep quiet now.

Nothing wrong with a rant. That's just letting off steam and getting your thoughts out into the universe. What matters is what you do after said rant. Seems to me that you are in the process of changing the situation that caused the rant. No problem with that.

You break that badboy open and blow your mind with flavor?

Those heavenly beads have already entered my mill and were spread liberally on my dinner tonight. They went very well with my beef stew.

Anyone know any Japanese, Cantonese, or Mandarin? Can you give me something that means something like "This guy is a douche" in one of those languages? I need it for a very subtle joke in a project.

Last edited:
So... I've been home from uni for less than 10mins and just got a call from my mother's cousin telling me her mother (my materal grandmother) had go into hospital today, and she didn't want to disturb my mum at work. She wasn't sure why she had to go in, only that her doctor sent her in sometime this morning. I've tried to reach my mum on her mobile but she's got it switched off. Looks like I'll have to wait until she gets home and then we'll probably head back into town to the hospital.

I'm bricking it right now, even though it sounds like it's just a precautionary thing. Shit! :-(

Last edited:
Anyone know any Japanese, Cantonese, or Mandarin? Can you give me something that means something like "This guy is a douche" in one of those languages? I need it for a very subtle joke in a project.

I did a bit of high school jap. It was high school so insults come quite easily. Kare wa kusottare desu, I believe means "He is an arsehole". Another one that is useful may be "Kare wa inkei o tabemasu", which IIRC means "He eats penis".

Come on, I was in year 9! :p

I did a bit of high school jap. It was high school so insults come quite easily. Kare wa kusottare desu, I believe means "He is an arsehole". Another one that is useful may be "Kare wa inkei o tabemasu", which IIRC means "He eats penis".

Come on, I was in year 9! :p
Awesome. Have that in Kanji?

Excellent!

This silly project involves making fun of those who get tattoos in languages they don't understand, if you're curious.

I'm installing a game on my PC. It's got some insane minimum requirements.

I don't think I'll be able to meet 'em.

Game installer said:
Minimum Requirements:

P133 with 3D accelerator
or P166 without 3D accelerator

Windows 95 with DirectX 5.0
or Windows NT 4.0 with DirectX 3.0

32MB RAM

100% Microsoft-compatible mouse

Urp..my mum's got home, she's heard from her cousin who's up at the hospital with my grandmother, taking her things in etc. Sounds like it's congestive heart failure, doesn't look good TBH. There's no point in mum and I going up there tonight as she's in ICU and there's not much we can really do up there, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I was having a good day today. I feel really sick now. :-(

Urp..my mum's got home, she's heard from her cousin who's up at the hospital with my grandmother, taking her things in etc. Sounds like it's congestive heart failure, doesn't look good TBH. There's no point in mum and I going up there tonight as she's in ICU and there's not much we can really do up there, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I was having a good day today. I feel really sick now. :-(

Sorry about your grandmother :comfort: