Random Thoughts....

I am not edjucated enough to have real chances at a proper job in the US (even if I somehow would be able to land a greencard) , and I hate snow so Canada is out.

Vancouver gets almost no snow, Victoria gets practically none.

Just FYI, in case you seriously wanted to leave Europe.

Urp..my mum's got home, she's heard from her cousin who's up at the hospital with my grandmother, taking her things in etc. Sounds like it's congestive heart failure, doesn't look good TBH. There's no point in mum and I going up there tonight as she's in ICU and there's not much we can really do up there, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I was having a good day today. I feel really sick now. :-(

:hug: My thoughts and prayers for the best are with you and your family. You have all of us on here to talk to if you need it.

As we speak I am sitting in the middle of a party, or what is left of the party anyway, pleasantly drunk having wrestled, groped and had my hands down multiple women's shirts. Once again, a very good night.

As we speak I am sitting in the middle of a party, or what is left of the party anyway, pleasantly drunk having wrestled, groped and had my hands down multiple women's shirts. Once again, a very good night.

:threadnopics:

I am liking your recent posts more and more :p

listening to cream atm, and loving every song!

o why did clapton start making crappy music when he went solo :(

Nothing wrong with a rant. That's just letting off steam and getting your thoughts out into the universe. What matters is what you do after said rant. Seems to me that you are in the process of changing the situation that caused the rant. No problem with that.

Yup, i just got off the phone with the people who put me on the placement. told them that it wasn't for me and i wanted a new placement. They've agreed and will try and find me a new one to go to which meets what i expected and need. However at the end they told me i would have to keep going back to the same place as yesterday until they found me a new placement. It literally sounded like a excuse for them to keep saying "sorry, we haven't found another work placement for you yet. stay at matalan." i had to stick my feet in the ground and keep saying no until they took the hint and pulled me out of there. I told them about what happened there, not being given the proper equipment to use and so on, then proceeded to tell them "if i go back there. it will only be for 5 minutes and that will consist of me telling them 'no thanks, i'm done here' and you're supposed to be helping me find work. not sending me off on slave labour."

Jedd, good for you and stick to your guns.

Don't they have a branch of Game or similar near you? If you want to get into retail why not try to combine it with your love of gaming? Just a thought.

Just saw someone who looked identical to Jay walk past my window. Just sayin'.

It's not bad. Not brilliant but not bad. I also recommend Snatch if somehow you've never seen it, and In Bruges as well.

Not to forget Trainspotting.

This is stuck in my head. Help.

Jedd, good for you and stick to your guns.

Don't they have a branch of Game or similar near you? If you want to get into retail why not try to combine it with your love of gaming? Just a thought.

thanks, actually it really kicked off when i got into the BTCV offices and spoke to the placement officers who threatened to throw me off the course. When i got there he said that i would have to do that job and that i faced two options.
1. i continued to work at Matalan doing the same job while in the meantime they would try to get me another work placement (i made a note of the word try, as in "we have nothing for you at the moment, carry on with Matalan)
2. say no and we'll have to look elsewhere, you may even be dismissed from the course and have your benefits stopped.
the bloke said i was being unreasonable with my requests since he said that Matalan are a great company to work for and they offer me numerous benefits. he also said that the feedback from the interview had been that i was 'too quiet' and i needed to work on becoming more 'vocal' to which i answered with "but how am i going to do that from being put in a small corner of a warehouse and not speaking to customers which would be a essential part of that learning process." that was where he said that i had to look at it from their point of view, they're trying to find me work and i'm being unreasonable with them. i countered with saying that i'm on a retail course with BTCV and not a warehouse course with BTCV. when he said that i was being unreasonable, thats where i nearly lost my temper.
anyway he told me about the options and i said "no, your not offering me with the training i need and require." if i had thought about it i should have said "and if anything your being unreasonable with me by putting me in work placements that are outside of my interests." odd how you can never think of the right thing to say at the time.
Regardless he told me to go and speak to my advisor (its always advisors, officers and coaches with this lot. never anyone to speak to directly). so i did, i eventually managed to track him down (i asked the bloke where my advisor was and he answered "i'm too busy, you go find him" real helpful) i explained the situation to him, opening with a joke saying "sorry, i'm about to make your day a bit more difficult." told him about the phone call, the officer and the placement with matalan itself. he listened to it all, told me he would go to speak to Matalan and hear their side of the story. So he did so, came back and told me that "they said that while you may be doing 95% retail shopfloor work, they can't guarantee that you won't be doing warehouse work for the entire duration." so he's said that he's going to try and get me into a placement with either a store in the town center or a Tesco's nearby.

this has not exactly been a conductive day but if anything i'm kind of surprised at me sticking up for myself to such a extent. when the officer was talking, i briefly considered going back to Matalan, but then when the guy said i was being unreasonable. that went right out the window. as far as i was concerned they could do whatever they wanted but at the end of the day, if they're not providing the service i need. i can just report them to the powers that be at the job center (although i doubt that would get me anywhere).

MWF: GAME is on my list and i frequently send them spec letters along as to HMV, Gamestation, WH Smiths and Waterstones. along with checking their websites for vacancies along with visits to their stores.

My thanks to everyone for the words of support and hopefully at some point i'll be able to stop clogging up this thread with my rants and so on. But its great to have the support of those on this forum, as well as the support of those who aren't on this thread (you know who you are, you especially deserve a lot of the praise). thanks all and with a bit of luck i'll be able to report some good news soon. even if i have to include a picture of a dacia to prove it.

Hey Jedd, can't speak for anyone else here but for me you aren't whining or necessarily even ranting. There are plenty of people currently and in the past who've bitched and moaned, received advice and then clearly not acted upon it in any way, shape or form.

At least you are doing your utmost to resolve this shitty situation and simply keeping us up to date with developments so that we know what feedback, if any, or encouragement to offer.

And frankly if you could just get a decent job on the basis of pure grit and determination you'd be employed in seconds. Keep going, you'll get there.

Descent is all kinds of awesome!!!

This is Freespace, not really related to Descent, but still awesome, if not more so. Think Wing Commander meets X-Wing with modern graphics, and even more modern if you get the fan-made upgrades at http://hard-light.net/ . They've re-engined, reskinned, and re-modeled just about every vehicle in the game over there, and added fancy new effects made possible by modern hardware.