Random Thoughts....

actually when Freespace was released over here in the UK. it was released without the Descent tag. think it was called Conflict: Freespace. but it was a great game and i enjoyed the wing commander aspect of the game. can't remember the name of the ship (Galatea i think it was) but i held it in the same regard as the Tiger's Claw.

Yeah, I think they attached the Descent name in countries where they'd have copyright issues with using "Freespace" on its own; Freespace 2 was Freespace 2 everywhere. Best of the space combat sims bar none, unless you're into the Newtonian physics of Independence War.

Zesty, good thoughts coming your way.

So we've been shopping for cars lately, and I'm just waiting for Dave to start the "The 'Not Safe for Prying Eyes' Thread [Automotive Edition]." :lol: I can just imagine it, "All she wants is a Maserati!"

Okay, in other news, 2+2=5.

Er Kiki, you'll never get 5 in most 2+2's. The back seats are usually pointless and only any good for childre.........

Hang on. Did you mean what I think you meant?

EDIT: Also just noticed Orwellian rep score. Wondering if the world will end when it reaches 2012.

Last edited:
Nah nah, definitely no parasites in the future (no offence to anyone... I just <3 House's reference). I have enough dealing with the 4 vehicles...

"No, Bumblebee, do not leak oil in the garage!"
"Damn it, Olivia, why the hell did you kick off your calipers?"
"Alexis, stop tearing and breaking the brand new mud flaps we just gave you!"
"Vicki, seriously, clean your forks and get dressed now!"

Yeah, it's an interesting household since our neighbors always hear us yelling at whichever vehicle we're working on during the weekend...

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
just default to miata like everyone else :lol:
When my bug breaks I'd say with about 90% certainty that's what I'll get.

I wish I could open up my options to RWD again. Alas, due to the commute up the canyon in the winter (in the storms, they usually close it off to AWD/4WD only or chains), AWD is pretty much mandatory as the Beetle needs to be thrashed to get up the hill even in the dry. It was fun thinking up all the options though.

Legit serious, yo.

Last edited:
Sooo one of my roommates is an alcoholic. In the first month of school we found FOUR handles (1.75L) of vodka in the trash that he drank... by himself... in his room. That averages out to four shots every single day. Last weekend two of my other roommates and I got two handles of vodka. We didn't end up having that much and had a substantial amount left by the end of the weekend. Just minutes ago we discovered that both handles are almost completely empty.

Fingers indicate how high the vodka was in each bottle before it "disappeared".

Don't mind the flavors - it was a random decision lol

Sooo one of my roommates is an alcoholic. In the first month of school we found FOUR handles (1.75L) of vodka in the trash that he drank... by himself... in his room. That averages out to four shots every single day. Last weekend two of my other roommates and I got two handles of vodka. We didn't end up having that much and had a substantial amount left by the end of the weekend. Just minutes ago we discovered that both handles are almost completely empty.

Fingers indicate how high the vodka was in each bottle before it "disappeared".

Don't mind the flavors - it was a random decision lol

Doesnt sound too bad, but it was a dick move to drink yours. Just get the money from him and keep your stash safe. It aint college till you have a drinking problem.

Sooo one of my roommates is an alcoholic. In the first month of school we found FOUR handles (1.75L) of vodka in the trash that he drank... by himself... in his room. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

In this part of the world students cannot be alcoholics, they are specifically excluded in the definition.

You can not lead his life for him - if he upsets you have a quiet word that perhaps he should not be quite so disgusting. Still I drank wayyy tooo much at college myself, but beer not spirits.

You can not lead his life for him - if he upsets you have a quiet word that perhaps he should not be quite so disgusting. Still I drank wayyy tooo much at college myself, but beer not spirits.

Same here. While doing civilian service (for the non-germans: basically a year of social work to be excluded from the draft) my roommate and me drank 187 cans (0.5 liter) of beer during our first month, which averages about three cans per evening and person. Keeping in mind that we went out on weekends and even sometimes during the week, thus emptied the 187 cans during approx. four evenings of the week, and always had some shots with them, that's quite an intake.
Starting university, it did not get better. It's not undergrad if you're sober in time for your 8am class.

Working on my Ph.D now i don't even find the time to drink every weekend... mind you, not "getting drunk", but just having a nice beer. I know if i drink one beer, i'll have another. And if i had two beer in the evening, it affects my intellectual abilities next morning, so i simply don't drink at all if there's work to do next day.

Last edited: