Random Thoughts....

Urp..my mum's got home, she's heard from her cousin who's up at the hospital with my grandmother, taking her things in etc. Sounds like it's congestive heart failure, doesn't look good TBH. There's no point in mum and I going up there tonight as she's in ICU and there's not much we can really do up there, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I was having a good day today. I feel really sick now. :-(

:hug:

Descent is all kinds of awesome!!!

Fuck yeah! I just wish I could install Descent 1 and 2 on the mac os X laptop I have. Unfortunately I need to install a classic OS from a disk to get it to work. I have the disks, but the CD-rom drive is gonzo on the laptop.

As we speak I am sitting in the middle of a party, or what is left of the party anyway, pleasantly drunk having wrestled, groped and had my hands down multiple women's shirts. Once again, a very good night.

Pics or it didn't happen dawg.

Homemade chocolate cake. omNOMomNOMomNOM :D

Lies! :p

This is Freespace, not really related to Descent, but still awesome, if not more so. Think Wing Commander meets X-Wing with modern graphics, and even more modern if you get the fan-made upgrades at http://hard-light.net/ . They've re-engined, reskinned, and re-modeled just about every vehicle in the game over there, and added fancy new effects made possible by modern hardware.

Dude I can't believe you recognized the game from the minimum requirements! But sweeet @ new upgrades. I shall check em out. I wanted to get the game working with my logitech USB gamepad. Do you know of any way to work that out?

actually when Freespace was released over here in the UK. it was released without the Descent tag. think it was called Conflict: Freespace. but it was a great game and i enjoyed the wing commander aspect of the game. can't remember the name of the ship (Galatea i think it was) but i held it in the same regard as the Tiger's Claw.

It is indeed the Galatea. GTC Galatea.

My dog Weezy outta jail. Time for the Carter IV.

Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. This guy right?

I just managed to convince the kids that raw onion dipped in chocolate mousse is a great combo, but even better managed to get MWF Jr to try it!

:lmao:

my uncle once convinced me that it's fine to bite the top of a red pepper.

first bite everything was fine, but the second one contained some seeds...
never doing that again!!

My friends like dipping the fries from Wendys into their Shakes from Wendys. I tried it, it wasn't that great.

What is good, though, is to bbq/grill onions for an hour and pour butter all over them while they cook. Delicious!

Also, I finally got all of my immediately due homework done. I don't have anything immediately due until the 18th. YAY.

I just managed to convince the kids that raw onion dipped in chocolate mousse is a great combo, but even better managed to get MWF Jr to try it!

:lmao:

I'm pretty sure anything dipped in chocolate mousse is a great combo. :)

Freespace, after more then a decade I still have quotes from that game in my head........

Enemy wing has just arrived!

Uuugh. I have to make an ad for an Irish cold -water surfing company, based on the theme of "evolution" over the weekend.

The thing is, this company is very Irish central. Children of Lir, and all that. So there is the worry of going off the point and going the opposite direction in what the company wants.

Then again, this is also going toward our final grade, and our lecturer loved metaphors, symbolism, etc. So he really wants us to be creative. So I think it's going ot be tough getting the balance right.
Then we have to write a reflective essay explaining why we picked such and such, explain the ad, the process and experience of brainstorming and creating the ad, etc etc etc.

Uuuugh.

Uuugh. I have to make an ad for an Irish cold -water surfing company, based on the theme of "evolution" over the weekend.

The thing is, this company is very Irish central. Children of Lir, and all that. So there is the worry of going off the point and going the opposite direction in what the company wants.

Then again, this is also going toward our final grade, and our lecturer loved metaphors, symbolism, etc. So he really wants us to be creative. So I think it's going ot be tough getting the balance right.
Then we have to write a reflective essay explaining why we picked such and such, explain the ad, the process and experience of brainstorming and creating the ad, etc etc etc.

Uuuugh.

is there no way that you can combine the two? keeping to the legend but show like the scenery forming, castles being built, swans arriving and so on. setting the stage for the old legend and its storyline. kind of like a "each legend has a beginning" or "evolution of a legend".

Just saw someone who looked identical to Jay walk past my window. Just sayin'.

Jay is the new ceiling cat.

At work the office girls were yelling "Jay! Jay! you have to see this!" Apparently I look like some nutcase who is involved in the UPS bombing plot.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/31/cargo-plane-bomb-suspect-anwar-al-awlaki

https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2010/11/04/Anwar-al-Awlaki-the-radic-006.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Getting black-out, puking drunk on weekends is one thing. Drinking a handle a week during the week when you should be going to class (he doesn't) is another.

Yeah, that is an alcoholic. Either get him help or not, you are not obliged to do so. If they want to piss their life away, let them.

Poising balance wheels is the work of the devil. If the balance is slightly off, you have to file or drill off SINGLE ATOMS of metal until it's perfectly balanced. I shall have no hair after this.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2010/11/04/balance_wheel.jpg

I have spent some time wrapping my mind around this. How do you go about shaving off a single atom? No microscope can give you that level of precision and of course at that point you are not so much file or drilling as knocking atoms around with other atoms. And what about molecules? :?

Whatever it is I think we figured out from you a long time ago that watchmaking is only for the incredible patient and steady-handed. I'd have lost more than just my hair.

is there no way that you can combine the two? keeping to the legend but show like the scenery forming, castles being built, swans arriving and so on. setting the stage for the old legend and its storyline. kind of like a "each legend has a beginning" or "evolution of a legend".

What we're actually doing now is 2 of us do an ad based on one theme over the weekend, the themes being "Dream(ing)", "Power", and "Evolution".
Then we'll meet up on Monday and see what each other has, and see if we can combine any ideas and make one super-duper ad.
We had one idea originally that talked about the power and temptation of the sea, and the power of the child of the sea by using the image of a siren from Greek mythology to "tempt" the surfer away from the waves to land, and the surfer resisting that temptation, and then throw in a tagline along the lines of "The child of the sea cannot be seduced by the siren of the land" or something.
Then we figured that was going waaaay off the point, and went back to basics with an image of 4 surfers (3 male, 1 female") running out to the waves with swans flying overhead, like they were their spirits or something, then we visited out tutor and asked him what he thought, and he pretty much told us it was shit.

I do have one good idea, something along the lines of the Evolution of Man illustration, but bear in mind that we are a little limited with resources :p

I have spent some time wrapping my mind around this. How do you go about shaving off a single atom? No microscope can give you that level of precision and of course at that point you are not so much file or drilling as knocking atoms around with other atoms. And what about molecules? :?

Whatever it is I think we figured out from you a long time ago that watchmaking is only for the incredible patient and steady-handed. I'd have lost more than just my hair.

I was being facetious. In reality, you essentially touch a file so fine it looks smooth to the part that needs weight removed, and the weight is removed. It's very tedious.

I was being facetious. In reality, you essentially touch a file so fine it looks smooth to the part that needs weight removed, and the weight is removed. It's very tedious.

Chalk another one up to me taking everything literally.

What we're actually doing now is 2 of us do an ad based on one theme over the weekend, the themes being "Dream(ing)", "Power", and "Evolution".
Then we'll meet up on Monday and see what each other has, and see if we can combine any ideas and make one super-duper ad.
We had one idea originally that talked about the power and temptation of the sea, and the power of the child of the sea by using the image of a siren from Greek mythology to "tempt" the surfer away from the waves to land, and the surfer resisting that temptation, and then throw in a tagline along the lines of "The child of the sea cannot be seduced by the siren of the land" or something.
Then we figured that was going waaaay off the point, and went back to basics with an image of 4 surfers (3 male, 1 female") running out to the waves with swans flying overhead, like they were their spirits or something, then we visited out tutor and asked him what he thought, and he pretty much told us it was shit.

I do have one good idea, something along the lines of the Evolution of Man illustration, but bear in mind that we are a little limited with resources :p

This is more of a comic slant, but the process of getting up on a surf board does resemble the evolution of man illustration somewhat, doesn't it?

At work the office girls were yelling "Jay! Jay! you have to see this!" Apparently I look like some nutcase who is involved in the UPS bombing plot.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/31/cargo-plane-bomb-suspect-anwar-al-awlaki

https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2010/11/04/Anwar-al-Awlaki-the-radic-006.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Could be worse, the police could actually mistake you for a serial rapist.

Like what happened to me. They didn't arrest me or anything, just asked who I was. Serious police, if I'm running from you, am I going to go to a Tim Horton's?

Last edited:
Chalk another one up to me taking everything literally.

Yeah, that is Icebone's job.

Could be worse, the police could actually mistake you for a serial rapist.

Hmmm...terrorist...rapist...seems the scales are pretty evenly balanced there. I spent a night in jail because some a**hole stole my SSN and name; this person had a criminal record with everything you could imagine, short of premeditated murder.