Random Thoughts....

Hence why I don't drink.

I do not understand the point of watered down alcohol, why not just have a shot of something stronger for the alcohol content then drink something that actually tastes good to water it down in your stomach? I could never get drunk off that shit it would take me hours to choke down the nasty taste.

I hate beer. One of the worst I've had was Bank's from Barbados. Watery as the damn sea.

Hence why I don't drink.

I do not understand the point of watered down alcohol, why not just have a shot of something stronger for the alcohol content then drink something that actually tastes good to water it down in your stomach? I could never get drunk off that shit it would take me hours to choke down the nasty taste.

I second this.

Last edited:
I hate crap beer.

FTFY. There are people who've been in Camrys and Corollas all their lives and think that they hate cars, but it's not because they're naturally car-hating.

I'll tell you why you drink crappy beer. Mostly because you drink a shitload, and not many things are cheaper than a 30 case of Busch Light. Also since you are an alcoholic your choices are shit watery beer, or brutally rough cheap plastic bottle hard liquor. I'll let you decide which sucks harder.

Also cheap beer makes an excellent source of beverage for drinking games, and not the classy kinds either.

With these questions you would think none of you has been to a college party, or seen one in a movie.

Then what do you suggest? I've tried the standards, up here and back home and haven't found anything to my taste. I do have a bit of a sweet tooth so that may have something to do with my dislike (bitter, nasty, watered-down = bleh, don't want).

Then what do you suggest? I've tried the standards, up here and back home and haven't found anything to my taste. I do have a bit of a sweet tooth so that may have something to do with my dislike (bitter, nasty, watered-down = bleh, don't want).

Rum and coke, or vodka and sprite are standards for those trying to hide the taste and keep it cheap. I woudn't fuss with cocktails, the good ones have expensive ingredients.

That's the "downside" of living in Boston...I'm surrounded by pubs with excellent beer selections, so I never really have to know what to pick because I just ask my server or bartender for what's good on tap. You'd probably like a good pumpkin beer if that season hasn't already passed. There's even one fortified with blueberries at a place called the Boston Beer Works. Not much help to you though :p.

I'll tell you why you drink crappy beer. Mostly because you drink a shitload, and not many things are cheaper than a 30 case of Busch Light. Also since you are an alcoholic your choices are shit watery beer, or brutally rough cheap plastic bottle hard liquor. I'll let you decide which sucks harder.

Also cheap beer makes an excellent source of beverage for drinking games, and not the classy kinds either.

With these questions you would think none of you has been to a college party, or seen one in a movie.

Sorry, I was too busy doing my school work or being a nerd having a Halo LAN party with other students in the library to go out and get sloshed.

Yeah, I can barely even stand coffee really.

Er hiding the taste - no I think not the way forward, learn to appreciate alcohol in drinks you like, not lets get bladdered what was that I may try it again. Try some Chablis if you can get it, or some Aussie Shiraz, US Zinfindel, some decent beer - see beer thread plenty of recommendations there - otherwise it's cocktails IMHO.

I can't even get good grades and sleep. The problem though there probably being I have never been able to sleep properly.

My college is a decent long drive away and I commute, so even if I got myself invited to parties it would be a matter of how the fuck do I get home. I sure as hell am not going to risk driving in that condition.

That's the "downside" of living in Boston...I'm surrounded by pubs with excellent beer selections, so I never really have to know what to pick because I just ask my server or bartender for what's good on tap. You'd probably like a good pumpkin beer if that season hasn't already passed. There's even one fortified with blueberries at a place called the Boston Beer Works. Not much help to you though :p.

:hmm:
I wonder how badly I would screw up using trains while drunk...

Last edited:

Oooh, pumpkin beer sounds interesting. And yep, that doesn't help me much you evil teaser, you :p

Er hiding the taste - no I think not the way forward, learn to appreciate alcohol in drinks you like, not lets get bladdered what was that I may try it again. Try some Chablis if you can get it, or some Aussie Shiraz, US Zinfindel, some decent beer - see beer thread plenty of recommendations there - otherwise it's cocktails IMHO.

Cocktails are my choice, but they are expensive. Any good bar, with a good knowledgeable bartender will have excellent cocktails, but in a major city they will be upwards of 8-10 dollars each at the minimum. Good for young professionals, bad for students.

I like the current trend of artisinal cocktails making a comeback, rye whiskey is also on the up.

I have found that Mai Tais are also good (girly) because the Rum is covered by the Mai Tai ingredients (and I don't think it's super costly). I normally hate most alcohol because of the taste, but I live near some breweries that have specials that let you try out all of the beers that the brewery makes. (32 oz of microbrew beer for about $8, yes please.)

California seems to have a few popular breweries though so it's kind of cheating similar to living in Boston.

Also I always end up choosing good grades and sleeping over social life, but I don't really know a lot of people anyway.

Just did a mini search for good Microbreweries here in T.O. and I kinda feel like an idiot. Some I know by name, hell, I went past one on a daily basis a few years back but I really never paid much attention to them.

Yeah, but you could probably function at a higher level than what is floating around most campuses.

I just had the world's greatest job while in college...I worked in a sorority house. :D