Random Thoughts....

One doesn't have to kill their inner child to grow up I don't think... I think I'll always be a kid at heart, it was more the immaturity and not realizing I needed to take charge of my life that I termed growing up.

Thanks for sharing, Red_Bull and ashspet. :cheers:

So just curious, at what age did you decide to stop being an ass and grow up, as it were?

Well... it took me 'till 29 to find out what i really want to do - until then i was moderately successful as a film crew tech, as an IT professional and in (slowly but surely) finishing my Philosophy degree magna cum laude. I realized that to be really good (as in "good enough to make a living off it") in any of the three professions, i have to concentrate on one. So i decided to focus on philosophy. Now i'm getting my Ph.D. which is a grown-up, paid, full-time thing but somehow does not feel that different from being an advanced student...

...and of course i won't fully abandon IT as it's a brilliant backup if Philosophy does not work out as a paid job.

I would not be so sure: If it would not have been bad enough that Blair was the laughing stock of international politics as Bush's puppy, the British Conservatives promised the U.S. to run the most pro-American government...
...in the world!

You have no idea how special that relationship is/was.

MV5BMTg5NzUwMDU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk2MDA4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Has the cover of Terminator 2 always been this silly?!

X

That is pretty weird. The version I remember had Ahhhnald on it in a leather coat and sun glasses.

Reading this post made me wonder, what age were you guys when you decided to stop being a kid and make something of your life?

I beat myself up a lot that it wasn't until my 25th birthday that I actually started caring where my life was going. I know, better late than never, and that is certainly true but I still blame myself for the six or seven years I basically withered away. I spent 4.5 years on a totally bullshit degree and then followed that up by almost 3 years of doing nothing, even a bigger waste than my degree.

So just curious, at what age did you decide to stop being an ass and grow up, as it were?

I am 41 and still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I always seem to find something I want to do and start doing it, get pretty good at it, and find I really don't like it or those that I work with/for. I think my next attempt at doing something will be to become a viral sensation and then retire, or maybe run for President.

Looks like I can get Final Gear at work, and when I am done at 4:00, I will have 11 hours overtime this week. That will take care of Christmas presents.

<insert 'fuck yea' meme>

Note to self, never ever ever end the night with a drink that contains Bailey's, Kaluha, cream, or any combination of the three. It will have an effect akin to shaking a container of nitroglycerin.

Looks like I can get Final Gear at work, and when I am done at 4:00, I will have 11 hours overtime this week. That will take care of Christmas presents.

fuck-yea-man_design.png

Meanwhile in Tegucigalpa, a Honduran is on his comp listening let it snow while looking at a cloudless sky

Last edited:
All the pretty snow has melted :cry:

You want snow? Have ours. And Monday we will a high of around -20 C.

Yes please, it went from -5 C 2 days ago to 10 C now and it has been raining.

I was browsing a part-time jobs website and there are only ads looking for people to either click on advertisements from home or spam e-mails. What the fuck is wrong with this society?(That question doesn't come only from finding those ads). I have the distinct feeling that most people are slowly turning into complete idiots with bad taste in music, clothing and shitty personalities only because it's cool to be like that.

On a similar note, was coming back home from college one day and a squirrel crossed the path I was going on. There were two girls in front of me and they were really puzzled by what it was. Come on people, I'm not asking the general public to start reading encyclopaedias but stop whatching shit TV shows and reading idiotic celebrity focused newspapers. In this case, a celebrity is someone that a)was naked somewhere sometime b)is related to some politician c)a combination of the above. The truth of the matter is that most people of my generation that live here are people from the countryside that sold some agricultural property, bought/rented an apartment here even though now they live in a relative modern and growing city, they were still milking the cow the other week.

Not trying to insult anyone(well, maybe the people that really annoy me) but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say here.

Last edited:
Yes please, it went from -5 C 2 days ago to 10 C now and it has been raining.

You can have some of my snow, too....there's at least a foot of the shit outside right now, and it hasn't let up. My poor car is literally snowed in; I may be able to get all the snow and ice scraped off by spring.

Reading this post made me wonder, what age were you guys when you decided to stop being a kid and make something of your life?

I beat myself up a lot that it wasn't until my 25th birthday that I actually started caring where my life was going. I know, better late than never, and that is certainly true but I still blame myself for the six or seven years I basically withered away. I spent 4.5 years on a totally bullshit degree and then followed that up by almost 3 years of doing nothing, even a bigger waste than my degree.

Right fucking now. I feel like I need to go forth and get a day job so I can afford to be the kid at heart I've always wanted to be.

Those LEGO Millennium Falcon sets aren't cheap, son.

I managed to tag another rat yesterday with the air rifle. I think I got a good hit on it, knocked it on its back and it kicked for a few seconds before running slowly under a tree. I waited for about 15 minutes but it didn't come back out. I hope it was a fatal shot.

I think I need a faster air gun, mine is only 755 fps. I might need a 1200 fps rifle, but they are pretty expensive.

Started playing WoW again. FML.