Random Thoughts....

Thank you guys! They just got mailed in today :D.

Mailed? I don't know what schools you're applying to, but damn, all my apps were online and that was 4 years ago. Just click 'send'.

Maybe it seems quaint, but I think it seems more formal and serious.

Many grad schools only accept online applications; most of the ones I'm applying to do.

Today I have found out through spending the morning with my father talking about family history stuff that not only were there musical genes in my mothers' family, but on both sides of his as well. Somehow those genes found there way to my first cousins and my brother, but managed to skip me, while my male cousins also inherited the sporting abilities of my paternal grandfather's family.

I've tried learning the violin, the piano and the flute before and never really got past beginner levels, I've done a bit better with singing, but only in choirs (I was in the Victorian section of Australian Youth Choir from the age of 12-16.) I've never been brave enough to sing solo, ever. The genes may not have skipped me entirely, but I'm well below the abilities of my mother, and many of my other relatives, and that makes me sad for some reason. :-(
I did also learn that If I look after myself I can probably look forward to a long life, females on both sides of the family have regularly lived beyond 100, even back in times when it was very unusual. I just hope that if that happens, there are still people I care about and who care about me in return left in the world.

/Zesty has come over all reflective and philosophical today.
//Also, wasabi-flavoured dried peas are incredibly addictive, LOL. :lol:

Soldering is harder than welding. Frigging tiny things. And I destroyed a tip on my formerly shiny new soldering iron last night because apparently I should never ever use the high setting, it seems to be a self destruct button.

If any of you is considering watching "A Serbian Film", just don?t.

Really.

I mean it.

It's official. Dave drove up to Sun Valley Idaho and took delivery of the newest member to the family... erm, I didn't remember the car being this big and wide.:blink:

I'm a happy panda though - looking forward to a big & bulky AWD vehicle to go up the canyon these days. They haven't been plowing a lot of the hills and parking lots in Park City, and I've been sliding around and spinning my wheels quite a bit.

Today, we had a snow plow slide down the hill out of control and ran through the intersection against a red light. :|

So I just logged onto the school site thing for my history class and I found this:
Screenshot2010-12-21at125159AM.png

89! 89! 89! 89! 89! 89! 89! 89!
:w00t::banana::mrgreen:

Have I mentioned how much I suck at history? This is like my worst subject, it combines essays and memorization, both of which I am very very bad at. I have no idea how I managed that but YAY

Last edited:
This means at the very least my GPA will be high enough that I will still qualify for my car insurance good student discount :D

* Coke Zero is glorious.

* I'm all caught up on How I Met Your Mother. QUALITY show, isn't it? Now, time to catch up on Dexter!

* Chocolate fudge ice cream is also glorious. TWO bowls of it = even more glorious.

* In exactly a week's time, I'll be landing in Copenhagen for a seven hour layover before my connecting flight to Helsinki. Last time I was in Copenhagen was...1996? So I definitely must get my ass into the city centre and bum around, rather than be a jetlagged vegetable that chooses to stay at the airport.

* Coke Zero is glorious.

* I'm all caught up on How I Met Your Mother. QUALITY show, isn't it? Now, time to catch up on Dexter!

* Chocolate fudge ice cream is also glorious. TWO bowls of it = even more glorious.

* In exactly a week's time, I'll be landing in Copenhagen for a seven hour layover before my connecting flight to Helsinki. Last time I was in Copenhagen was...1996? So I definitely must get my ass into the city centre and bum around, rather than be a jetlagged vegetable that chooses to stay at the airport.

I heart all four of those things. Well..maybe not Copenhagen but we'll see, I do like Danish things.

Also, the lunar eclipse is happening right now, and it's most EXCELLENT. Crisp and clear night here, too. Hope those of you who can see it DO take a moment to have a look-see. :)

Last edited:
I was out watching it. Then 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' popped into my head and I said screw it. Now I'm watching it on a live webcam feed.

Guys.....

I'M ON LEAVE!!!! (first time in 2 years I've taken off)

Flying to LAX tomorrow morning and then onto Houston