Random Thoughts....

Here we go again, I hope it won't cascade into Brisbane.

Here we go again, I hope it won't cascade into Brisbane.

Yeah, you Queenslanders don't seem to be lucky with mother nature. They say it will head into central Queensland, so hopefully it will miss the flood affected areas. The last thing those people need is for their house to be blown down.

My favourite question so far today for you all to answer:

A wizard transforms you into a whale. Is this awesome?

[Y/N]

1. I think you will find Napoleon was finally defeated by a coalition of Prussians, Dutch and British forces outside of a village in Belgium called waterloo in 1815. There were I think some other odd and sods there too.
Of course it was 1815, my bad. Between 20 and 50 percent (estimates vary) of all German (not only Prussian) students volunteered in this war, so it quite heavily shaped academia afterwards.

*is one year old in FG today*

And it has had somewhat of an impact in my life, as many of you know. :)

THANK YOU to anyone and everyone who's had a part in that!

Aww, group hug!

This feeling of space, freedom....its...indescribable.....Its...so wonderful... Thank you god.... for giving me back my HardDisk :D

After about 4 months without a HDD and being stuck using Linux. God I missed the eye candy of Win 7 :p

Let's look at today's traffic conditions in MA!
9:27 AM
P1000629.jpg

9:40 AM
P1000630.jpg

The heated wipers aren't working too well

But Kat! You say, What are you thinking taking out a camera and taking pictures on the highway! You are going fast and that is dangerous!
Let's have a look at the speedo.
P1000632.jpg

FFS my pelvis hurts :cry: only 6 weeks to go luckily.

Wow, I received my tax return less than a week after e-filing my taxes. I'm impressed.

What is it with modern web design, replacing what worked great but didn't look that good with either a design that looks good but doesn't work (Jalopnik) or looks horrible and works horribly (Youtube). And I'm not talking about little changes like what Facebook gets lynched for I'm talking about full on layout changes that flat out don't work.

Jalop now has an infinite scrollable column containing, apparently, all of their articles ever; just perfect for when you want to find that one article to show someone but too bad because you keep megascrolling past it and try reading all of the headlines and/or remembering what it was called because you only remember the article picture, the blog layout worked great because you can identify the accompanying picture for the article and stop when you see it.

The Youtube layout? That suffers from information overload, I want to see the latest upload from my subscriptions right at my fingertip in a neat little box, if I want to see everything from my subscription's recent upload history I'll go to that page where I can see it in thumb-tiled view, no individual row for each person.

I may not be a web designer but I know that each type of website should have it's own type of layout, no single layout is the best for everything. I think the problem is that competing sites never want to have similar layouts because they want to be different and have people remember them, but when one site remodels and the layout sucks, people go to the other site with a better layout. The now more popular site refines their layout and have a more content fan base.

/rant/having a bad day

Well I guess it is time to dust off this avatar from last December ...

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for all you snowed out brothas and sistas.

Got an email earlier: "Enter to win a date with Justin Bieber on Movietickets.com"

Yeah. No.