Random Thoughts....

milton.jpg

Jim_Root_at_Allstate_Arena_2009.jpg

*laughs* If it wasn't obvious, the "root" joke continued with a pic of Stephen Root from Office Space, and I posted a pic of Jim Root of Slipknot.

A couple nights ago I was curious how long I could hold my breath, so I held it for two and a half minutes. I thought to myself "that wasn't so bad" so then five minutes after that I held it for three minutes and forty-five seconds. I figure that's not too shabby considering I don't really do anything to keep in good shape and I haven't been a regular swimmer since Jr. High school.

The first day without meat for Lent is the worst...

Today is the worst because whenever I see someone with ashes on their forehead all I can think about is charcoal which makes me think of hamburgers...:lol:

ash-wednesday.jpg

I'm a noob because I'm only vaguely-familiar with the nuances of language from a country on the other side of the globe, in the opposite hemisphere? Uh, sure, ok...

Last edited:
It strikes me that there is a lot of uninformed 'blather' being talked about Global Warming. What I want is good old fashioned Horizon programmes where they look at all the points and claims and let the viewer decide.

Amongst questions I want answering is: How does a Green House Gas cause the effect exactly - show us the chemistry? Apart from CO2 and water vapour (I.e. clouds) what other gasses are Green House gasses and what are their relative effects? yada yada

In the end I should be able to make my own mind up based upon at least some basis of trustworthy scientific information, all we get at the moment is greenies and Global Warming denigyers who I worry have their own agenda.

Anyway - saving fuel. ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12664047

Did not the US try this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12663092

And just for the TL;DR brigade. ...

Motorway speed limits

• UK 112km/h (70mph)
  • Spain 110km/h (68mph) until June 2011
  • Germany 130km/h (81mph) but no limit in some areas
  • France, Italy 130km/h
  • Irish Republic, Portugal, Netherlands 120km/h (75mph)
  • Denmark, Lithuania 110 or 130km/h
  • Sweden 110km/h
  • Cyprus 100km/h

Don't you guys do the science of climate change/global warming at hsc chemistry?

I distinctly remember tweaking linux during my chem classes when we were doing climate change/global warming (both my parents work in the field as scientists, so I'm kinda very familiar with it)

I'm a noob because I'm unfamiliar with the nuances of language from a country on the other side of the globe, in the opposite hemisphere? Uh, sure, ok...

No. It's really not that funny a joke (at least to people over 12), and your examples sucked. You could've at least said when Americans say "I'm rooting for such and such" we Aussies might consider that a little funny ;).

Or you know, what is the Australian animal that most resembles the Australian male? The wombat, because he eats, roots, shoots, and leaves. Har har!

Don't you guys do the science of climate change/global warming at hsc chemistry?

I distinctly remember tweaking linux during my chem classes when we were doing climate change/global warming (both my parents work in the field as scientists, so I'm kinda very familiar with it)
When I did Chemistry everyone was worrying that everything in the climate was getting cold, not hot! 1972 'O' level. Greenies were an unfamiliar species in those days they had just stopped being against the Vietnam War and were looking around for another cause - they seem to have found one.