Random Thoughts....

Politics are an interesting point. A year ago, i became a card-carrying member of the political party my father left five years ago after 30+ years of membership...

...but what i was thinking of are more general points like "how should one live his life" and "what has priority and what hasn't".

Hookers and blow, obviously, And since my dad left 'to look for adventure' and never came back I'm sure he agrees :p

True Grit was incredible. I think I've never watched a western but I think I'll start looking around for the best ones to see.

Happy Pi Day!

*is now craving a slice of apple pie ala mode*

True Grit was incredible. I think I've never watched a western but I think I'll start looking around for the best ones to see.

Oh there are some good ones out there... Buktu mentioned "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" which is awesome, but it's also just the tip of the iceberg. I recommend:

The Searchers (John Wayne)
High Plains Drifter (Clint Eastwood)
A Fistful of Dollars (Clint Eastwood)
For a Few More Dollars (Clint Eastwood
Magnificent Seven[/URL] (Seven Samurai remake) (Ensemble: Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Eli Wallach, Charles Bronson)
The Shootist (John Wayne)
The Sons of Katie Eller (John Wayne)
Once Upon a Time in the West (Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson)
The Quick and the Dead (Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russel Crowe)
Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman)
Rio Bravo (John Wayne)
Stage Coach (John Wayne)

Last edited:
I have a job interview in just under two hours, and I'm nervous as heck. I know I'm under-qualified/experienced/educated.

I have a job interview in just under two hours, and I'm nervous as heck. I know I'm under-qualified/experienced/educated.

They invited you. That's not nothing.

Good luck!

I did a phone interview on Thursday. Got a "thank you for the nice conversation" at the end and the "Congratulations, you passed!" e-mail arrived today, together with an invitation for the screening day on the 24th. The last time I applied for a different position in the same company, just that process took several months... anyway, the point I'm trying to make, apart form some gratuitous self-gloss, is that I've really noticed how much depends on the atmosphere you can create in such a situation. The last time I was tense, this time I was not.

Don't show your weaknesses, show your qualities. If you lack qualifications but know you have the skills, bring out examples of situations where you had to use/learn/develop them. I got a job as Systems Admin with no real networking qualifications just because I spent an hour going on about how I diagnosed and fixed my useless home network.

<--- Painting kitchen cupboards. OH YEAAHHHHHHHHH!!! XD

Feeling light-headed already?

Oh there some good ones out there... Buktu mentioned "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" which is awesome, but it's also just the tip of the iceberg. I recommend:

The Searchers (John Wayne)
High Plains Drifter (Clint Eastwood)
A Fistful of Dollars (Clint Eastwood)
For a Few More Dollars (Clint Eastwood
Magnificent Seven[/URL] (Seven Samurai remake) (Ensemble: Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Eli Wallach, Charles Bronson)
The Shootist (John Wayne)
The Sons of Katie Eller (John Wayne)
Once Upon a Time in the West (Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson)
The Quick and the Dead (Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russel Crowe)
Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman)
Rio Bravo (John Wayne)
Stage Coach (John Wayne)

To that list, I would add:
Tombstone (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer)
Silverado (Kevin Costner and Danny Glover)
And if you have 6 and a half hours to kill, Lonesome Dove (Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones)

To that list, I would add:
Tombstone (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer)
Silverado (Kevin Costner and Danny Glover)
And if you have 6 and a half hours to kill, Lonesome Dove (Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones)

HOLY CRAP how did I forget Tombstone...:lol: I own that movie on VHS, DVD, Special Edition DVD, and Blu-ray... I watch that movie at least every 6 months. I am ashamed of myself.