Random Thoughts....

Reading back, the comments I posted made me sound like a total brat and I apologise so.

well you can't say I didn't warn you, I believe myself and others told you not to tamper with it

...or, instead of tampering, boot a restriction-free OS from a thumb drive. This is a nice tangent to the "agreeing with your parents" discussion we had the other day, isn't it?

...or, instead of tampering, boot a restriction-free OS from a thumb drive. This is a nice tangent to the "agreeing with your parents" discussion we had the other day, isn't it?

Funny thing that, my parents are actually agreeing with me, but my parents have always been unpredictable. Hopefully I've flown under the radar and this is actually related to an actual maintenance issue. If not, well there's not much I can do now is there.

So i'm mucking around with my uni's system. Texas AEM(A&M?) is listed as a school (college) from which at least 1 student has arrived from.

My old high school isn't:|

Thinking about repairmen and the like, we've had quite a few guys doing different jobs around the house and I can now say with all confidence that all tradesmen, regardless of discipline and whether they drink tea or coffee, take two sugars.

Depends on how good your grades are. The kind of juvenile misbehaviour i displayed at school (including, but not limited to, showing up drunk, smokin' in the boy's room, skipping class, parking on the teacher's parking lot) would have gotten -and, in fact, has got- people with mediocre to bad grades suspended or expelled. But you don't expel one of your best students. You give him a stern warning.

I think the range of possible penalties ranges from a warning and/or a letter to your parents to a suspension... they won't expel you, i think.

Incidentally, one of the best and most Chinese pupils lower down the year at my school just got expelled for creating fake Facebook accounts of teachers.

Also for writing "I like it when she bends over" as a comment on ratemyteacher.com.

Last edited:
Incidentally, one of the best and most Chinese pupils lower down the year at my school just got expelled for creating fake Facebook accounts of teachers.

Also for writing "I like it when she bends over" as a comment on ratemyteacher.com.

The facebook thing is pretty serious, though... i can think of some things i did at school which would have getting me kicked out, too, but the general aura of typical rebellious teen misbehaviour around me and my friends covered most of this up.

Friend of mine want to order some auto light bulbs or something from China and the seller asked him to pay with Western Union. *Shudders* I told him to be careful, I'll see if he listened to me.

The facebook thing is pretty serious, though... i can think of some things i did at school which would have getting me kicked out, too, but the general aura of typical rebellious teen misbehaviour around me and my friends covered most of this up.

Same here. Although I think if it had ever been discovered that I'd managed to steal a copy of the school's master key and then break in one night with my then g/f to fuck on the headmaster's desk I'd probably have been expelled.

Thank God for blotting paper.

;)

Positive temperatures across the country (except for the arctic... but that hardly counts). The melt has begun! Every year, same time give or take a couple days. Now everything will just be alternating slush and ice, and grit sprayed all over everything and mud and dead vegetation, spring's so lovely. Oh, and daily baths for the dog. Now we wait and see if there's going to be much rain, if there is there'll be big flooding, lol giant floodplain.

Last edited:
Same here. Although I think if it had ever been discovered that I'd managed to steal a copy of the school's master key and then break in one night with my then g/f to fuck on the headmaster's desk I'd probably have been expelled.

Thank God for blotting paper.

;)

We were more into using school property for non-sanctioned after school projects and/or outright stealing it. Allowing me and three other metalhead/nerd/greasemonkey types take over the "Auditorium tech club" (which basically was there for the sole purpose of being able to employ high school students as low-cost staff when local businesses rented the school's auditorium in the evening hours) gave the school not only the best tech team they ever had, but also equipped us with a key to enter the auditorium at any time on our own. At first we had to return it to the school's caretaker when we did not need it, but he soon told us to just keep it and stop bothering him.
What no one seemed to notice was that there was a hallway connecting the auditorium to the rest of the building with a door that no one ever bothered to lock as it could only be opened from the auditorium side and the school only worried about students breaking into the auditorium, but not about someone using access to the auditorium's backstage for breaking into the school...

Highlights achieved with this all area pass included:

-Welding together a full-size handcar from parts of disused school desks we snuck out of a storage room and running it on a decommissioned railway line behind a friend's house (there have to be photos of that thing somewhere).
-Recording the first demo of our punk band (a song about killing cops, how very creative) using school instruments, amplifiers, and recording equipment. To do this, you normally would have had to apply for school-sanctioned band status with the head music teacher (think of Marty McFly and his band in BTTF). We didn't bother. We couldn't play, we wanted to drink during rehersals, and our favourite band from the year above ours had just had their school band status taken away for their lyrics. So we used our key, went in and recorded our stuff, first using a set of microphones and a mixer to record directly to cassette tape, until...
-We found a four-track reel-to-reel machine stored away in some backstage closet in the auditorium. After recording another song with it (probably the only recording of our "band" that survived) our drummer (who was too good a guitarist to play with us talentless hacks, so he played drums) decided it was a much too good machine to put it back into a storage locker and so he simply stole it.
-Sneaking out the cat's skin (for demonstrating static electricity) from the physics department.

Said band from the year above is still alive and kicking, by the way. The year i graduated, maybe five years after being banned from performing in school ever again, they signed their first record contract. Listen to their stuff here.

Last edited:
Well I'd say the Head's desk was school property and were were using it for a non-sanctioned, after school project.

Her name was Katherine, by the way. The girlfriend that is, not the Head Master.

She was more of a head mistress. I'm guessing she still is......... ;)

We had an insane Geordie English teacher called Mel Shewan. I remember watching an interview with actor Ralf Little who is an old Boltonian like me and he even mentioned Mel a couple of times in the interview. You can even find a tiny youtube phone clip of him. The guy was utterly mad but at the same time hilarious.