Random Thoughts....

Oh Lawd...

And the moral of the story is "Women, stay away from the internet, everyone wants to sex you, normally in the creepiest way possible". :lol:

Pft, if I had a beard I would be complaining about it being itchy :p

I once grew a beard, then shaved most of it off leaving a tash. My mum said oh look you've grown a tash, she never ever said anything about my beard - odd or what?

I thought going to school for autobody would mean an end to essays; instead I'm sitting here writing 3000 words on the proper use of hammers and dollys and repairing sheet metal damage.

I thought going to school for autobody would mean an end to essays; instead I'm sitting here writing 3000 words on the proper use of hammers and dollys and repairing sheet metal damage.

Well, think of the bright side...

...you can paint my motorcycle for me.

...yeah, that's it. :D

Is that a picture of a marijuana leaf on the shelf?

Could be. Maybe the bathtub is actually a big elaborate hookah.

Reactions: TC
No, I quite like it actually, it's calming. ^_^

I thought so too, but I'm having second thoughts, like always. I already bought the paint, but I bought it based off those little paint swatches, which are in flat colors. I wanted a tropical color for my bathroom and this seemed nice, but now I'm thinking it's a bit too much. I can't return the paint, so I'm stuck with it, but it's not too late to save myself the work of painting it a color I might not be happy with. I went ahead and put some on the wall, just so I can stand back and see how it looks. It's not a bad color, I don't think. I'm not cut out for this interior design stuff. :p

Hire a woman to do it :p

Does anybody know a good place to find a relatively inexpensive laptop that comes with Windows 7 (preferably Ultimate)? I'm not looking for much, something like the laptop I currently have which is an Acer Aspire 4730Z would be fine...I just want something with freaking Windows 7 on it to justify paying about 300+ dollars for. Because I am not paying that much for 7 alone, in my opinion it isn't worth it unless it comes on a new computer. Any thoughts?

Hire a woman to do it :p

Does anybody know a good place to find a relatively inexpensive laptop that comes with Windows 7 (preferably Ultimate)? I'm not looking for much, something like the laptop I currently have which is an Acer Aspire 4730Z would be fine...I just want something with freaking Windows 7 on it to justify paying about 300+ dollars for. Because I am not paying that much for 7 alone, in my opinion it isn't worth it unless it comes on a new computer. Any thoughts?

Unlike Windows Vista, there's no reason to get Ultimate. The only reason it exists is so mainstream computer makers can put it on top of the line systems/special bundles, as well as be available to boutique computer makers to give the machines "cachet."

Like Windows XP, Windows 7 features stack on top of each other in a linear fashion, so you aren't giving up features by going for say..Professional over Home Premium like you would with Windows Vista. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart

That said, why don't you install Windows 7 on your Aspire? Home Premium is way cheaper than 300 bucks. You can get Windows 7 Pro (which includes features in HP) for 30 dollars if you're a student. http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/office/default.aspx

EDIT: looks like your system has a Celeron single core processor and quite possibly 1 GB of RAM. Are you experiencing slowdowns on your current system? This configuration will run Windows 7 fine, even with 1 GB of RAM, but you may want to bump it up to 2 if you do heavy work.

Last edited:
Does anybody know a good place to find a relatively inexpensive laptop that comes with Windows 7?
I'm with rickhamilton620. Get Windows 7 Home and Student and install it on your current laptop.

Apart from this AMD's new Fusion line of netbook processors seems to be brilliant in every aspect. Asus released the first netbooks featuring them, you should have a look at them.

Actually, I'm not a student (or at least not for quite a while yet but I am registered at the local tech college anyway...), but I'm looking at just splitting the cost of the 7 family package deal thing with my dad. As for my computer, I actually have an Intel Pentium dual-core processor with 2GB of ram, but I've been having problems with this thing for a looooooong ass time since I've had Vista on it. My biggest problem is my internet browser freezing up and then causing the computer to effectively crash, and I don't know what to do about that. I also bought a new 250GB HDD and I plan to install that once I get a copy of 7 to go with it.

Realistically, I want to get a new computer sometime in the near future. Either a new laptop, or one of those tiny desktops so that I can hook it up to my HDTV for videos and things instead of trying to stream everything from our home server to my PS3 which can't play certain file formats.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer and have been for a while, but I only have a trial version which is going to run out on me fairly soon.

Last edited:
I'm with rickhamilton620. Get Windows 7 Home and Student and install it on your current laptop.

Apart from this AMD's new Fusion line of netbook processors seems to be brilliant in every aspect. Asus released the first netbooks featuring them, you should have a look at them.

If you do decide to look at Fusion, look at HP's DM1z as well, I'm typically not a HP fan but the amount of value they packed into it for the price is impressive.

Actually, I'm not a student (or at least not for quite a while yet but I am registered at the local tech college anyway...), but I'm looking at just splitting the cost of the 7 family package deal thing with my dad. As for my computer, I actually have an Intel Pentium dual-core processor with 2GB of ram, but I've been having problems with this thing for a looooooong ass time since I've had Vista on it. My biggest problem is my internet browser freezing up and then causing the computer to effectively crash, and I don't know what to do about that. I also bought a new 250GB HDD and I plan to install that once I get a copy of 7 to go with it.

Realistically, I want to get a new computer sometime in the near future. Either a new laptop, or one of those tiny desktops so that I can hook it up to my HDTV for videos and things instead of trying to stream everything from our home server to my PS3 which can't play certain file formats.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer and have been for a while, but I only have a trial version which is going to run out on me fairly soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MV2MG0?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20

Not bad for the price. If your running W7 on it now...are you experiencing the same browser issues as before?

Last edited: