Random Thoughts....

If you got into, say, doing graphics for video games, that could come in pretty useful.

No. That's what I do, and no. An understanding of programming, useful. Complex mathematics, though? Useless, unless you're doing some sort of insane procedural art, which isn't something that commercial games do. Artists do art, not physics simulations.

Auction in 22 hours and counting, am I feeling lucky? (not that luck has anything to do with it, I have my budget and that's it)

I just got trolled so hard by my boss.

I was told to go see him, which I rarely have to, so I was a bit worried.

"How are you finding it here?"
"Yeah it's great, I've just started learning *program* so hoping to get into the work real soon!"

*in completely serious voice, and face*
"I've been getting complaints from xxx and xxx (two guys I work closest with) about the quality of your work."
(At this stage I'm packing my dacks, cos I've been trying my hardest and doing fine from what I thought).
"Oh, okay..."
*co-workers burst into the office, present me with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green and Maker's Mark*

They all started laughing, whilst I'm half scared to death.

I was so scared, but can't stop smiling now. It was severely well played.

@FruityLexia You still wanna kill them, right? I probably would've cried. Me = wuss.

Busiest.damn.week.EVER.

I love how my uni teachers love to pile on five assignments into the last week before term hols. :glare: I've had to pull two all-nighters during the week to get everything done, and there's still more to do over the break period. Having to taxi people around because the power steering hydraulics in my mum's car have packed up making the damn thing pretty much un-drivable does not help. Soooo tired. :yawn:

....I need pizza.

I just got trolled so hard by my boss.

I was told to go see him, which I rarely have to, so I was a bit worried.

"How are you finding it here?"
"Yeah it's great, I've just started learning *program* so hoping to get into the work real soon!"

*in completely serious voice, and face*
"I've been getting complaints from xxx and xxx (two guys I work closest with) about the quality of your work."
(At this stage I'm packing my dacks, cos I've been trying my hardest and doing fine from what I thought).
"Oh, okay..."
*co-workers burst into the office, present me with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green and Maker's Mark*

They all started laughing, whilst I'm half scared to death.

I was so scared, but can't stop smiling now. It was severely well played.

Bahaha, that's so wrong. Congrats to the not dead yet part, too ;)

... Now I want pizza! Noo!

I was planning on getting donuts tomorrow when I go to the store. All of this after my meeting with my adviser to pick out classes for next semester.

@FruityLexia You still wanna kill them, right? I probably would've cried. Me = wuss.

Busiest.damn.week.EVER.

I love how my uni teachers love to pile on five assignments into the last week before term hols. :glare: I've had to pull two all-nighters during the week to get everything done, and there's still more to do over the break period. Having to taxi people around because the power steering hydraulics in my mum's car have packed up making the damn thing pretty much un-drivable does not help. Soooo tired. :yawn:

....I need pizza.

lol uni, fuck that

I seriously wish I could have the pizza. It's like 3 AM, all of the pizza places are closed until tomorrow.

I know a poor Jehovah's Witness. He is like 26 and is a major partier/drug type of guy though. That also may be why he is poor. He's a strange guy. xD

I know a poor Jehovah's Witness. He is like 26 and is a major partier/drug type of guy though. That also may be why he is poor. He's a strange guy. xD

You've ruined my thoughts. :D
The ones here, turn up at your house in the morning. Always dressed nice, and look like they live in the nice parts of town.

Oh, well that's usually the norm.

He's... Weird. He always affirms that he's one (talks about it a lot) and that he strongly believes in all that stuff. Then he goes off and gets high on shrooms and PCP, and etc.

Yeeah some people.

You've ruined my thoughts. :D
The ones here, turn up at your house in the morning. Always dressed nice, and look like they live in the nice parts of town.

seems to be the same ones here in this part of England as well. except that when i say no to them i get a response of "but don't you want to save your soul?"

yeeeah, thats going to really turn things in their favor by insulting me.

Isn't there a JW setting on your sonic screwdriver?

I worked with a guy until about 10 months ago who is a JW. He was really nice, probably one of the most genuine people I have met in my entire life and not once did he ever try to threap his beliefs down our throats. So they aren't all door knocking weirdos.

I don't even know if the guy has any nice clothing to begin with. The only stuff I see him in is skateboarding stuff since all he does is skateboard and hang out with people when he's not working. His parents are pretty successful and they are also Jehovah's Witnesses too.

Yeah I'll tell you, he has some interesting stories sometimes. He also knows a lot of interesting people (I know him through other people, we all end up hanging out and stuff when I visit there since people seem to think I'm cool or something for some reason. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.)