Random Thoughts....

Doc, maybe time to change your name from Dr Grip to Captain Sensible.......?

Maybe you should give up self-medication. Especially with mental issues it will only do harm (layman's opinion. Jim, i'm a philosopher, not a doctor!).

No I am being properly medicated for the EM by a doctor. This issue is both are treated with similar drugs so I can't really properly treat both at once, unless I can find a drug that fixes both... but it is hard to find one that treats EITHER never mind both so idk. :|
I AM on anti depressants right now. They aren't doing anything for the mental things, they are helping the neurological screwedupness of my body.

How does it sound in the local tongue?

"Sori nai" is the name my aunt has given, which just means "scratching dog" :lol:

Bond is actually not bad....neither is 007

YOINK!

On the watches, they look suspiciously clean because they have refinished dials and polished cases. You can take a giant file and a bit of emery paper followed by a muslin buff with some rouge to a heavily scratched watch case that most people would call ruined and make it look brand new with a mirror finish. Plastic crystals can be brought back from almost anything, too, as long as they aren't cracked. The refinished dials on something like these probably dont matter. Usually most collectors want original dials even if they look like crap, but people wanting neat looking watches to wear want nice dials. My opinion on these particular ones is that the refinished dial is a good thing, the originals were made with poor standards and didn't hold up well with age. They look like they were refinished to original spec by the original equipment to me, so the (original slightly questionable) quality is there. These aren't horrible valuable anyway. Don't expect Rolex finish on them.

As far as the movements go, they're mass produced Russian machinery. Take from that what you will. I don't care for them because they're just crude enough that they're hard to work with. I don't have my parts catalogs with me so I can't check to be sure, but I expect replacement parts would be difficult to get. The pictures provided aren't clear enough for me to be sure, but they don't appear to have any major issues, but I wouldn't expect them to not keep consistent time if worn, probably several minutes a day off. That could be corrected by a local watchmaker, but it would cost more than the watch since they would end up doing a full cleaning and regulating of them.

Now, all that said, if you're fine with them running several minutes off a day, then go for it. Oh, and don't get them wet, they aren't waterproof at all. And the crown on this one will dig into your wrist like nothing else.

It's like he's the Mustangdriving Yoda of watches! :p

Never knew you can actualy repair cosmetic damage to watchcases....you learn something every day.

Last edited:
So it's basically a problem of having enough discipline to stay away from the computer even if the power is on?

Speaking of this, i really got to get to the no-wifi library now, get some real work done.

You guy's have libraries w/out wi-fi?

Part of me is in awe, part of me wants to write down the address so I'd never, ever, go there! :p

Never knew you can actualy repair cosmetic damage to watchcases....you learn something every day.

I should caveat that. Gold filled watches tend to have a very thin layer of gold over some other colored base metal. Too much polish or nearly any amount of filing wears down the layer of gold and brings the base metal through. That looks bad. So your options on a heavily scratched gold filled case are to live with it, or have the scratches taken out and live with bimetallic coloration, or if you really wanted it could be replated in gold, but that will end up costing quite a bit more due to the added labor in preparing the case for gold replating (and gold is expensive anymore, too).

As far as stainless steel and most other solid metal cases though, those things can be brought back with little problem. Titanium is harder due to it's hardness, but it shines up nicely once any gouges are worked out.

I personally haven't done much heavy scratch removal, but I was taught and shown the techniques for doing it. On the other hand I have done enough polishing to have that down pretty well, but I still manage to get the rouge gunked everywhere and have to spend extra time cleaning that off.

I have decided to name this puppy here in the house in India

"Gold Bond itch creme".

It's gold/brown and can't stop scratching itself.

I think the name is appropriate if a bit long.

In college I had a girlfriend who "volunteered" me to take in foster dogs from the local shelter (she was hot so I did so happily). Well I had one particular puppy which decided to poop and pee everywhere...so I named him Professor Peebody von Poopsalot.

I'd have named him "donation to the nearest Korean restaurant" personally.

/me cat person

I'd have named him "donation to the nearest Korean restaurant" personally.

/me cat person

Oh don't be silly, just because you're a cat person doesn't mean you can't like dogs. I find them both equally tasty. Not to reinforce any stereotypes or anything.

Reactions: MWF
I would've watched "Two and a half men" with Hugh Grant

I just don't get dog ownership at all. Let me break it down this way.

A: I'm lonely
B: You have loads of friends.
A: I know but there's something missing.
B: I have the perfect solution. A loyal companion who will welcome you home and defend it when you aren't there.
A: Sounds perfect. What's the catch?
B: Oh, none really. All you have to do is feed it and take it out in all weathers 2-3 times a day, each time picking up its still warm faeces in a plastic bag. Oh and depending on the type it might cause severe or even fatal injury to you or your children if you don't know what you're doing. Other than that they're hassle free.
A: Great where do I get one?

As I said, I am a cat person. ;)

Well... rejected again... can't say I'm surprised. This one hurts a lot more than anything before, though. I need some alone time...