Random Thoughts....

Two weeks holidays. Absolutely perfect weather outside. And what happens? I catch gastroenteritis

You're in Germany. Go to the doc, get a sick note, and you can claim the days back out of your annual leave allowance. Ah well, you already knew that.

Two weeks holidays. Absolutely perfect weather outside. And what happens? I catch gastroenteritis* and am confined to home for the next few days. Thanks a lot, life, for sucking.

*Do you English-speaking people actually use that term in casual speech?

no

Ah yes, the eternal dilemma. Toilet? Sink? Toilet? Sink?

Ah, fuck it, just get in the bath............

I found a kitten today, it was hiding in a corner at the depot, all abandoned and weak. I gave it to one of the girls at the office who is gonna take it to the vet and give it a home. :p

Attempting to clean me room wi' absolutely no motivation what-so-ever. Am bored already an' 'ave only shifted a mound of dvd's. Ugh.

EDIT: Cleaning now thwarted by the random muffin cases that keep falling out me hoodie. Made Butterfly Cakes last night an' gi' some to me father an' Kenny who I ended up fighting wi' a few hours ago. He must've shoved a bunch more of these cases down me shirt I didn't know about. He started shaking me about by me sleeve so I bit him. :|

Last edited:
having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this one.

British savoury spread Marmite could be illegal in Denmark if it fails to meet safety requirements, officials say. By law, the Danish authorities must give their approval for food fortified by vitamins or minerals before sale. Products with such additives need to be assessed for any potential dangers, the Danish Food and Veterinary Administration says. Denmark has previously banned several popular items, including the drink Ovaltine and some breakfast cereals. A shop in Copenhagen was recently asked to remove its supplies of Marmite following a phone call from Danish authorities, the owner says. A spokesman for the Danish Food and Veterinary Administration said: "We have no record of an application for the sale of the product, so we have neither forbidden or accepted it."
The procedural checks needed before a final decision is reached could take up to six months. If a ban is put in place, outraged fans of the spread in Denmark are threatening a campaign of civil disobedience, the BBC's Europe correspondent Chris Morris says.
Nutritionist Melanie Brown told the BBC she believed a ban on Marmite, which is rich in B-vitamins such as riboflavin and niacin, would be counterproductive. "Marmite plays such a useful part in many people's diet, and in my practice it's incredibly useful for older people...who are short in vitamin B12. It's full of folic acid, and there's lots of evidence that many women, young women of child-bearing age are deficient in folic acid," she said.

BBC News Website

<sigh> Someday.... <dreams of engine noise and sad envious friends>

Sigh, right there with you. My old basement apartment in Rockridge faced the country club, so every weekend, Maserati engines would roar by. *tingle tingle*

Reactions: LP
:O It's a Maserati Granturismo of course!

Double :jawdrop:.... I thought this was a car forum!!!

<sigh> Someday.... <dreams of engine noise and sad envious friends>

I fail at car identity game too. :(
I got it right when I saw one in my mirror in person though. Way easier to identify from the front.

Worse than that is being a valet, I have a friend who valeted in high school at Medinah, which is Chicago's hyper-rich country club with yearly dues around like 65K. He would get to drive Ferrari's, Aston's, 911 GT2's and Maserati's: all at around 6 miles per hour into the parking lot. That would be torture of the highest order for me.

Worse than that is being a valet, I have a friend who valeted in high school at Medinah, which is Chicago's hyper-rich country club with yearly dues around like 65K. He would get to drive Ferrari's, Aston's, 911 GT2's and Maserati's: all at around 6 miles per hour into the parking lot. That would be torture of the highest order for me.

I would end up with cramps in my calf muscles from fighting the urge to floor it. :lol:

Sigh, right there with you. My old basement apartment in Rockridge faced the country club, so every weekend, Maserati engines would roar by. *tingle tingle*

Sigh. As I said in your +rep for that post, we should start a fundraiser. "Help LP and Kiki get a couple of gorgeous Maseratis, 50% of all donations go to blind children". That'd do it I think right?

I fail at car identity game too. :(
I got it right when I saw one in my mirror in person though. Way easier to identify from the front.

It is for sure easier to recognize from the front, but every time you drive near La Jolla you see all the super and hyper cars so it becomes like easily recognizable I guess. I used to see one everyday driving along the Torrey Pines road (which goes along the coast). He would rev that thing like a mother, and it was like instaboner.

That... sucks. Although I suppose you could just put it in neutral and rev the engine, just to hear the glorious noises reverberating in the parking structure.

I would end up with cramps in my calf muscles from fighting the urge to floor it. :lol:

I would end up with cramps from something else.

Hint:

1281498655131s.jpg

I saw one on a B highway on the way to school.
*lovely sound*
*looks in mirror*
HOLY FUCK MASERATI *almost crashes*

I see porsches enough, there is a dealer in burlington and I go there enough, anything else not american is unusual. I see more 50's chevys than anything Italian at all, including the new 500's I have seen a whopping one of.