Random Thoughts....

IceBone you BITTER SOD :D Cheer the fuck up and get a sense of humour from your local Walmart. I hear they go for cheap.

Reactions: MWF
I love reading things people write on Facebook and having no bloody clue as to what the hell they're trying to say.

yeh well i was like there all roots was like there keen

What is this I don't even

HELLBUS WARNING: I hope this man wasn't planning on having kids.

On a more serious note, I'm definitely hoping for the safety of the Vancouver-area FinalGearists. While I was disappointed at the result of Game 7, it's no reason to act like a twat and start a riot.

[MWF]
This video is highly disturbing and I want you to put that in spoiler tags!
[/MWF]

Nah, just kidding. I laughed. Hard. It is one intercultural thing, whenever someone gets hits in the balls every nation laughs :D

And this reminds me of Idiocracy

Almost got 419ed again. Don't waste my time internet scammers.

Sorry for the newb question here, but I'm rewatching all the star wars movies (have seen IV, V, and VI already and I'm on phantom menace).

I've always felt that Kiera Knightley and Natalie Portman look very much alike, and then I saw this picture.

natalie_keira_400.jpg

Has this been known all this time?

This does lead to another question: In the movie version of V for Vendetta, Natalie Portman plays an Englishwoman. Why didn't they just get Keira Knightley?

This does lead to another question: In the movie version of V for Vendetta, Natalie Portman plays an Englishwoman. Why didn't they just get Keira Knightley?

Maybe she didn't want to get her head shaved.

Also why did they get an Australian for the title role who then did an English accent that made him sound like Rowan Atkinson?

EDIT: Just watched V's introduction to Evey. I need to see that movie again soon.

Last edited:
When you have nothing (and in Oldham, in general beleive me, you do not) you have nothing to loose.

This is the way the locals come up with interesting business to invest it the town - way to go Oldham. ...

Last edited:
Every time I see riots breaking out over a simple game I weep for humanity.....

I can sort of understand it (Not condone it, but understand it.) when your team loses - there's a lot of anger there.

But when your team wins and you still burn the city? :confused:

Oh and another thing, Canadians are know for being nice, friendly and polite - so WTF?

It's not that, it's that Canadians can be overly proud and entitled.

Everyone is harping on about what great hosts we were during the Olympics. Well no wonder, we won the biggest game there so obviously nobody rioted.

No, Vancouver at least is not an especially friendly city at all. We just have a very carefully crafted image that stems from how proud we are, our license plates after all declare British Columbia as The Greatest Place on Earth - official tagline.

It's exactly this sense of pride and entitlement that keeps causing us problems. Why riot when your team loses 4-0 at home, and only managed a 1-0 win last time they had a home game? Boston won the Cup fair and square but nobody in Vancouver wants to believe it because we are the greatest at everything goddamnit.

Every time I see riots breaking out over a simple game I weep for humanity.....

I have to agree with this. I am ashamed of this city for that display.

I saw these retarded teenage kids walking up to riot police lines defiantly like the guy in Tiananmen Square, and I kept wanting to throw something at the screen. Like, you stupid idiot, you aren't being a hero... you are doing this for a hockey game, and you know there is no chance of you getting seriously hurt by those cops. If you got the balls for this shit then travel to the Middle East and stand up to those dictators.

I'm sure some of you who read this thread regularly and have a pretty good memory can remember all the times I moaned about some big spectacle going on by where I live. At times I honestly thought I was being uptight and just didn't want to have my peace and quiet disturbed by an event I had no interest in. One good outcome of last night is now I know I'm justified in feeling uneasy about this practice of getting people from the suburbs to pour into the downtown core.

Last edited:
I can sort of understand it (Not condone it, but understand it.) when your team loses - there's a lot of anger there.

But when your team wins and you still burn the city? :confused:

You see even that I don't get, but that's probably just me not understanding 'supporterisme' or whatever it's called.
I know guys who are depressed for a week when 'their' team loses, :dunno: It's not like you lost anything? It's not like somebody you know was hurt/died? Sure it's more fun when your team wins, but the people playing in the stadium/on the screen don't even have a clue you exist, why the hell would you let their performance influence your life.

Sports....how the hell do they work.