Random Thoughts....

really give up with some people. try to salvage a friendship with someone and with a message meant to be nice and helpful only to get it thrown back in my face and filled with anger and accusations. i really do give up.

NOTE: those of you on my facebook may know of which i'm speaking about and i would request that you don't assist. the situation is borderline volatile as it is and i don't want others thrown in the mix.

really give up with some people. try to salvage a friendship with someone and with a message meant to be nice and helpful only to get it thrown back in my face and filled with anger and accusations. i really do give up.

NOTE: those of you on my facebook may know of which i'm speaking about and i would request that you don't assist. the situation is borderline volatile as it is and i don't want others thrown in the mix.

No problem, Jedd. You know we're here for you if you do need help or just to vent. Hopefully he will see that you're serious and try to salvage the friendship.

actually we've just had another chat. we're waving the white flag. but for the most part, the friendship is now dead. what started out as friendly banter just got steadily worse. reaching the point where accusations and provocations were made. the biggest problem was my DW blog. he hates DW and everything relating to it and found it incredibly irritating. plus also i'm very pro-BBC and anti-Sky and some of the comments i had been making could have been seen as provocation and cause.

just a shame really. got on so well with him and then when i ask him whats wrong, i end up getting my head bitten off. not the response i was expecting.

Last edited:
In the words of Chris Evans: Sod 'im. Unless you have time and lots of nerves for that sort of thing, you're doing the right thing by calling it quits IMHO.

Something quite similar happened to me a couple of years ago - when I think of the person who snapped, I still wonder why she did so, but to say that I care would be a lie.

Sorry you guys broke up over Doctor Who... (double you tee eff?)

I'm on vacation in Florida right now. I'm sort of bumming aimlessly around with a buddy from back home. I've been here a little over a week. Spent one night in Orlando, drove down to meet said buddy in south FL, and just got back to south FL last night from a couple days in Key West. Tomorrow we're off to Tampa and points elsewhere, with a drive through the Everglades and a visit to Coral Castle. It's kinda awesome, I ain't gonna lie.

I figured I'd take it easy today, chilling in my air-conditioned hotel room (no pun intended), committing acts of hygiene upon myself, plowing through the mountain of laundry that's built up, before meeting up with him for whatever and a friend in Lauderdale for a beer. Instead it's 4:00 p.m. and I've just now made it out of my pajamas. The only motivation I currently have for leaving this room is the gruesome spectre of having to spend the next four days traveling in "recycled" clothes--you simply cannot re-wear anything you've worn for a day in south Florida in June unless smelling like a street person is okay with you--and even that isn't enough to get me moving. WTF is wrong with me?

Sorry you guys broke up over Doctor Who... (double you tee eff?)

it was a lot more than just DW. i was just using it as a example. i'd say online that i liked something. he'd go about proving how i was wrong in every concievable way. even going as far as finding newspaper articles to point out where i was wrong. DW was just the catalyst that kicked it off.

best example he's a big apple nerd. he constantly re-tweets apple announcements, comments, reviews and so on (and i mean loads). yet when i post articles about my DW blog (at most i probably post 1 or 2 a day and even then thats pushing it). thats going too far.

Last edited:
Cue overreacting in panic and explaining to the officer why you shot your manager, mistaking him for a threat. :)

:lol: Actually, there are days where I feel like I would do it on purpose. Of course, hacking someone to bits with an axe sounds immensely more satisfying, and I don't have to get a license to get one of those. Hell I wouldn't even have to buy it, they're about ten steps away from the register :p

it was a lot more than just DW. i was just using it as a example. i'd say online that i liked something. he'd go about proving how i was wrong in every concievable way. even going as far as finding newspaper articles to point out where i was wrong. DW was just the catalyst that kicked it off.

Yeah, dude is weird. I could care less about DW, I just scroll past the stuff you post and leave it at that.

This is really random and odd, and I believe it doesn't happen to often.

On Sunday I will meet a person that I have never met before, yet I have known for the past 6 years.

I believe it was in early 2006, back when Facebook was just starting to become popular. It was also the time when they still required that you have a .edu account in order to sign up. About that time I befriended this girl on Facebook. She was also Bulgarian but in a college about a thousand miles away. Somehow we really clicked and felt comfortable talking to each other. This is not a romance story though. She is in a very happy relationship. But through the years, although we never met, nor did we talk every day - we only wrote each other once every month or so, it still felt like we were really close.

And now finally on Sunday I get to meet her in person. I'm as excited as a small child.

You know what creeps me out? When I hear radio commercials and sometimes cartoons with little kids talking, but I suspect that it's not a real little kid, but rather a full grown adult faking a little kids voice. I don't know why, but I find that disturbing.

I don't find it disturbing, rather I admire their talent to change their voice like that. Case in point: I was blown away many moons ago when I found out that Nancy Cartwright voices both Bart and Lisa in the Simpsons - two kids for the price of one!

Related to that, I have a male friend who I think should really get into voice acting, he has tons of different 'voices' he can produce, and can mimic a few cartoon character voices too. He has used this to great effect for prank calling friends and family. :lol:

Last edited:
[video]vid[/video]

I'll go back in my Grammar Nazi corner now. :tumbleweed:

Nononononononononononononononononononono, stay out 'ere! The English language needs you!

And I don't want to be the only Grammar Nazi keeping Ice company.

shiftyeyes-1.gif

I don't find it disturbing, rather I admire their talent to change their voice like that. Case in point: I was blown away many moons ago when I found out that Nancy Cartwright voices both Bart and Lisa....

No she doesn't. She does other voices but Lisa isn't one of them. Lisa is played by Yeardley Smith (it's the only voice she does on the show iirc) although initially each auditioned for the other part.