Random Thoughts....

Twas always thus. The original Magic Roundabout and this classic were the same......

ha! i laugh at your selection. especially with these. mostly though i hated the Magic Roundabout theme. one little bit of it and it would be going round my head for the rest of the day.

pretty much sums up my childhood. although it can be said that i never really grew up anyway.

Last edited:
I loved the Real Ghostbusters, especially Lorenzo Music as Peter Venkman. Funnily enough he voiced the cartoon version of two different characters played by Bill Murray. He was also the voice of the animated Garfield before Murray was cat for the big screen cgi version.

Twas always thus. The original Magic Roundabout and this classic were the same......

You mean about them originally being foreign, and the English-language stories being created with the original sound turned off? I knew that about MR, but not about R&C.

No I mean about students watching them while stoned.....

Roobarb (always incorrectly called Roobarb and Custard) was a UK creation.

yeah, besides a lot of cartoons have jokes only adults understand. I think nowadays Phineas and Ferb do that a lot. though nowhere near at the exent of the awesomeness that was and still is, Animaniacs.

The downside of getting ice cream straight from the farm is the likelihood of walking straight into the smell of cow poo. Even worse is if the cow poo has been decomposing and emits a cloud of ammonia. Stinky + poisonous is a helluva appetite killer.

That's probably the one thing I don't miss about living out in the countryside. So many childhood memories of heading out in into the back paddocks, looking for mushrooms, only to suddenly step into an ankle-deep pile of rotting dung in my poor lil' blue gumboots - which I promptly smeared all over the back porch trying to get it off by wiping my feet on the textured wood when I came home. That's one way really impress your mother, I tell you... :lol:

No she doesn't. She does other voices but Lisa isn't one of them. Lisa is played by Yeardley Smith (it's the only voice she does on the show iirc) although initially each auditioned for the other part.

Ahhh right, of course. I though it sounded wrong when I read my post again later. I had the connection to the characters wrong. Thanks for the correction.
Still, Nancy Cartwright is obviously a very talented individual. :) I wish I could sound like different people.......more prank calling! :devil:

Last edited:
That's probably the one thing I don't miss about living out in the countryside. So many childhood memories of heading out in into the back paddocks, looking for mushrooms, only to suddenly step into an ankle-deep pile of rotting dung in my poor lil' blue gumboots - which I promptly smeared all over the back porch trying to get it off by wiping my feet on the textured wood when I came home. That's one way really impress your mother, I tell you... :lol:

Oh I don't know, I just spent 3 days trying to drive 20km through paddocks in the rain. The best bit is when I get back to the office and drag the mud, cow and sheep shit across the bosses wifes carpet. She does insist we keep the office at the house.....

Today (Father's Day) is going to be a sad one for me, I lost mine 5 years ago and days like this make me miss him even more than normal. :(

what in gods name posessed you to get up at 6am on a sunday morning? :?

Wake up? I haven't been to sleep yet! :lol:

This is what comes of having an awful sleeping pattern, forcing myself through today in the hope I can get a good nights sleep tonight.

i really need to add a [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] to my posts since most seem to be missing my point entirely.

Wake up? I haven't been to sleep yet! :lol:

This is what comes of having an awful sleeping pattern, forcing myself through today in the hope I can get a good nights sleep tonight.

You do realise this might be the source of some of your problems? Lack of sleep can do some pretty unpleasant things to the brain.