Random Thoughts....

i keep telling you all. cats are evil. when its putting dead mice in your slippers what its actually saying is "this is what will happen to you if you don't give me food immediately."

So my parents and I went to take a look at a car today, it was in very nice condition and was only $7500. Anyways, this guy lived in a rather wealthy part of town and could not stop going on about it. Somehow he could turn everything he was saying about the car into something about how rich he was, literally every second sentence he would mention something about how he only bought good cars because his family could afford it or how his Dad is a lawyer or how he went to an elite private school ,or how he's moving to New York in three weeks to work in investment banking or whatever. I know you have money, but please, have some class. Funnily enough, during the test drive, he showed us his old house and it turns out his parents bought the same house my parents were going to buy 15 years ago. Small world, huh? Now, if only there was some way I could have subtly dropped a hint that he was being vulgar without explicitly saying so.

What was the car! :p

Dear Cat,

I hate you. I just get settled on the impossible-to-get-up-from-without-dislocating-your-knees couch, with blanket and comfy pillows and you want me to open the door so you can come inside. Especially when 2 minutes ago you refused my offer of an open door.

And putting dismembered mice in my slippers is REALLY not appreciated.

:p

On another note. Fekking cold.

Why is it you cat people aren't trained better? The cat is not there for your convenience, you are there for their's. :)

Remember this simple maxim.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

What was the car! :p

I can't believe I forgot, It was a 2002 Saab 9-3 Aero Coupe, 3 owners so far, 168000 km. Compared to the falcodores, old Japanese econoboxes and late 90s Germans, it was a refreshing change of pace. It was easily in the best condition of what we've seen so far, although that's not saying much. Still, this guy's over eagerness breeds concern. We're going to take a look at a Smart Forfour tomorrow for $7750 with 77000 km and also a 1999 E46 318i but I'm not so keen on the Bimmer, looks a little trashed and it has drug dealer wheels to boot.

Saabs = win! The only main problem for me is the 'fuck-off-we-don't-want-your-business' UK insuance. :(

Saabs = win! The only main problem for me is I am a male aged between 18 and 24 so statistically likely to do something really stupid preceded by the words "Watch This!" before causing death, mayhem and destruction. :(

It's is a sad fact I know, but unfortunately also true. We know you to be sensible and responsible (and lots of other words ending in "ibble") however the insurance companies won't take our word for it.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

I'm learning this now. :lol:

(and lots of other words ending in "ibble").

Knowing this country, Gullible is one of those others. I say the blame rests with 3 parties: BMW for the 3 Series, Honda for the Civic and Vauxhall for the Nova.

For some reason I came over all OCD when putting those down, had to put the manufacturers in alphabetical order. Not like me at all.

Last edited:
'ibble'? Like Nibble? :p But yeah it is unfortunately true and although is just for this summer the cheapest policy by far is a whole year so would require cancelling after a couple of months - not a brilliant way of doing it

It is fortunate that I don't need a car for commuting (although I obviously wouldn't have such a beast as the Saab for that), and I won't need a car for that until I finish uni but just as something for the summer its a simple no to anything.

I have spoken to the 2 best quoters about sponsorship/discounts as we're doing it for charity, however I don't know what they will say. Probably no.

I'm just very glad the Saab is worth hopefully nearly 4 times as much as what I paid for it (once I've spent a bit on it, though).

I'm just very glad the Saab is worth hopefully nearly 4 times as much as what I paid for it (once I've spent a bit on it, though).
Among classic car owners there's the "three to one" rule of thumb: For three bucks you invest your car gains one buck in resale value.

I haven't thought about exactly how much I'm going to spend on it to how much it'll be worth, but I spent ?220 buying it, want to spend no more than ?300 on it and sell it for over ?800ish. Which looking at the market I reckon is a reasonable sale price (although it doesn't comply to that rule of thumb; I did get a bargain with the car).

I haven't thought about exactly how much I'm going to spend on it to how much it'll be worth, but I spent ?220 buying it, want to spend no more than ?300 on it and sell it for over ?800ish. Which looking at the market I reckon is a reasonable sale price (although it doesn't comply to that rule of thumb; I did get a bargain with the car).

Is your name Mike Brewer by any chance? :p

The Internet at the office where I work is offline. I start work at noon, so I'm not there yet (it's 11:05). I'm pondering whether I go in, or work from home until they have the 'net back up. Seems like a good excuse to stay home a bit longer. ;)

:lol: and :+1: for the Red Dwarf spot!

As for your ciggies, switch to roll-ups. You'll reduce your smoking costs by at least 60% and probably much more as your Dad won't be able to swipe them.

Echhhh rollies are a bad idea. o_O For a start, I don't like. Secondly me father used to smoke 'em. Also, when I left school at 15 an' ended up doing nowt till I got a job I used to sit watching Trisha an' Kilroy with a machine an roll hundreds of the feckin' things for me dad. I went through about two machines in a month 'cause I have about as much patience as an alchy jonesing for their next drink. I can't hand roll for shit.

Mr. Flibble is very cross.

I can't find my Mr. Flibble he's gone walkabout. o_O