Random Thoughts....

Hell yeah!

/3DS Max 2012

High-Five.jpeg

I got a hankering for Baja fish taco's.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/raptorjesus/2011/06/28/201106282101444754.jpg

Simple. Fly down to San Diego, hit up old town or go further than downtown into chula vista. Best fish tacos in the country are here in SD man. Then drive back up, give your ol' boi LP a high five, and then fly back.

Simple. Fly down to San Diego, hit up old town or go further than downtown into chula vista. Best fish tacos in the country are here in SD man. Then drive back up, give your ol' boi LP a high five, and then fly back.

I know, SD fish tacos are second only to the ones I had in Cabo San Lucas. They are easily one of my top 10 foods ever. The one's I had in LA this spring were good, but not the same.

One of the benefits of living in an area with a large influx of Mexican immigrants (legal and illegal) is the proliferation of places to source tacos de pescado.

We get Brazilians, they do not make taco places. I am sad for this. :( The chain taco places are actually better than most of the not chain ones. Some are actually worse than taco bell.

I got a hankering for Baja fish taco's.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/raptorjesus/2011/06/28/201106282101444754.jpg

Hopefully, Rubios will make its way to the Windy City.

The closest one to you right now is in Denver.
(I know, it's a chain; but it's a good chain.)

Luckily for me, here in Oklahoma we have the complete set...:D

Question for my UKanian friends - I've been doing some research into my family history and have tracked down my ancestors on my father's side to Wiltshire. (Don't know what specific village; apparently they didn't keep very good records in the late 16th century.) Wiltshire isn't considered the West Country, isn't it?

The reason I ask is because I've tracked my mother's ancestors to Somerset. If both of my ancestors are from the West Country, I need to start quaffing some cider and looking for sheep.

"Proper" West Country in England is usually Cornwall & Devon etc, but Wiltshire also is considered by some to be West Country, even though it is only about 70 miles from London.

Maybe because of the best known guy from the West Contry is archeologist Phil Harding (wiki).

This is how he sounds:

Phil is from Salisbury, Wilshire and when talking in a more excitable way, the west country "burrr" is more pronounced.

Also, regarding your family roots, you might find some more family information from original Church Parrish records in the Wiltshire archives. Plus, if you have an unusual surname, someone from Wiltshire County Archives, may know the specific village that the name originates from*.

:)

EDIT: * Or recommend a competent local Geneologist or two to you.

Last edited:
Actually Chicago has the highest concentration of hispanic people outside of the Southwestern states, with over 2 million in the city and suburbs. So there's your problem.

Just looked it up, Chicago officially has more Mexicans than anywhere besides L.A.

Booya, now I just need them to get cracking on my fish tacos.

Just got sent some new reading materials from my dad: roughly 8-9 ebooks from Orson Scott Card and William Gibson, each.

Sah-weeet!

Maybe - I'll have to see how many John Balls were born in the county in 1588.

Wiltshire is a rural, not very populated area even now, with only one or two smallish cities.

You could have a good chance with a full name and year to go on with.

First name of John is probably not so helpful, though. :lol:

Yeah, there's a lot of us. Me, my father, my grandfather and my great-grandfather are all named John. Kind of like Wilkinson the rat in Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

"We were all named Wilkinson ? I suppose it was roughest on the girls, but we all got used to it in the end. I blame the parents, really. ? It was just when they found a name they liked, they stuck with it."

We get Brazilians, they do not make taco places. I am sad for this. :( The chain taco places are actually better than most of the not chain ones. Some are actually worse than taco bell.
Yeah, but we do have other tasty foods! :mrgreen:
Seriously, lots of Brazilians around where you live?

Yup. Spanish class I took in high school was useless :lol:
Ok then, what should I be ordering :p