Random Thoughts....

Beaches around here suck obviously, but half this country moves to good ones in the summer.....no big deal to get to one. :dunno:

I realy fail to see how not liking heat, sticky sand or general beachculture qualifies as a personal problem though....

How is not liking, mosquitos, unpaved roads, crappy cabins and no city to visit a personal problem?

I think I just heard the unmistakable mating call of the drama llama..........

How is not liking, mosquitos, unpaved roads, crappy cabins and no city to visit a personal problem?

Did I ever say that? Not understanding others peoples preferrence (to a level of sounding like a recordplayer in the case I stated) for it and only understanding your own choices is.

Talk about butthurt and narrowminded.....

Could we have one day whithout an argument about something trivial?

Last edited:
Did I ever say that? Not understanding others peoples preferrence (to a level of sounding like a recordplayer in the case I stated) for it and only understanding your own choices is.

Talk about butthurt and narrowminded.....

Could we have one day whithout an argument about something trivial?

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses, and respect other peoples ideas instead ZOMG BEACHES ARE DUMB AND FOR THE STUPIDS, HURR STUPID FAT TOURISTS AND THEIR BEACHES.

Not all of them are great (I really don't like Redondo beach... haha, that place is kinda gross) but most of them are pretty amazing. Maybe it's just location as to why I enjoy the beach, I've lived near Los Angeles my entire life.

The beaches I go to are Newport, Huntington, or most of the San Diego beaches. Which ones do you go to? :blink:

I haven't gone much by day, since I've lived a solid 30mi from the sand my entire time in LA
unamused_blink.gif
, but I'm a fan of Santa Monica, Will Rogers, and Zuma. San Diego is quite stellar, too, and back there I used to go to La Jolla Shores and Mission.

I realy fail to see how not liking heat, sticky sand or general beachculture qualifies as a personal problem though....

...That was a joke. *facepalms*

People like beaches because it's fun to play in the water, easy to get a nice tan, full of good looking people if you are at the right beach, possibly has surfing/snorkeling/scuba, and maybe a game of beach volleyball or sandcastles if you are a kid.

:rolleyes: Yup sounds like the beach really sucks. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean there is no appeal to it.

Some people don't like chocolate. I'm not bullshitting, this is true. That's actually fine because certain "chocolates" aren't really that delicious, and are too overprocessed. But then I found someone that actually HATED chocolate, of all forms (dark, milk, white).

Same way, I guess some people don't like the beach, even though in my opinion it is the grand equalizer.

ITT: Lots of people butthurt about having shite beaches in their 'hoods hatin' on nice beaches elsewhere.

What's so awesome about the beach? The sun, the temperature, the wind, the water, the sand, the girls in bikinis, and the atmosphere. I'm sure I've omitted a few other awesome characteristics, but this is a pretty fair summary of why I adore Los Angeles (and Southern California in general).

Of course, if you don't like those things on their own, chances are the beach won't work for you. Sounds like a personal problem. (And if you continue trash-talking the default vacation setting for most people you're no better than Cowboy's idiotic coworker. ;))

LA beaches rock, they compare easily to the SD beaches (mostly due to proximity and it being the same ocean).

One thing I love about the pacific is that it's cooooool. It's such a huge mass of water that it takes forever to actually heat up, so during the summer it's a lovely relaxing way of cooling yourself down.

I love going to the beach once in a while, not to swim, not to surf, but just to listen to the waves, relax, take photos, and take in that general atmosphere. I've always been in love with the sea smell, ever since my dad took me to his home town of Vizag in India.

The beaches here are not overcrowded by any means, and I guess that has to do with the time as well. When I go in the evenings, when the sun's about to set there's a few people there but it's mostly empty.

My blood pressure drops and all my stresses go away when I'm there, because I calm down.

Y'all beach haters need to get to a real beach.

Last edited:
Someone at work thought the slang word for an Australian is "dago."

:|............:).................:lol:.............:lmao:

I think perhaps they were thinking of dingo.

The more you let your imagination go with Australian dagos, the funnier it is.

I was on all fours slapping the ground with this guy totally baffled on why it was so funny, which made it even funnier.

I usualy end up in climates colder then the one I'm living in for some reason.....

Related:

Actual conversation I had with a coworker years ago when he asked me were I was going that summer, the sheer stupidity of it has assured it is lodged in my brain word for word (translation obviously) :

Canada.
Why? There is no beach there?
What?
Yeah, isen't Canada like all forests and stuff?
That's kinda the point, I want to see a part of the country, meet the people and maybee learn something along the way.
What for?
What do you mean what for? It's fun!
But there's no beach, and I'm guessing no pools either at your hotel.
*sigh* I'm staying at a log cabin.
You mean you have to clean and cook yourself?
Yes, well when we don't go out to eat that is....so?
That means it isen't a vacation!

This was a 20something old male, crewcut, low end beemer, amateur footballplayer, a template for my generation and location at the time if you will.....the future is gonna be great! :p

Oh god. :( That's infuriating.

At the current conversation: I'm not a beach person myself. I always feel awkward and out of place on a beach. I just end up standing around not knowing what to do with myself. Maybe I just don't like being around semi-naked people or something. Also, I can't swim.

They'd be alright if there was no-one else there.

What altoid said about different tastes: I've just finished reading a book called The Dark Tourist by Dom Joly (AKA the giant mobile phone dude from Trigger Happy, fellow Ukanians). It's all about the concept of "Dark Tourism" - being attracted to places, like Chernobyl, DPRK and Iran, which are a little more macabre than the average dream destination. I think that I'm a bit of a dark tourist myself. I'm quite interested in the human aspect of oppressive regimes. It's alright hearing about the places on the news, but what would it actually be like for the people living there? I'm always curious to find out how much normality there is underneath thge surface. So yeah - if I was feeling particularly adventurous, I would willingly go to somewhere like Turkmenistan on vacation as a cultural experience.

I've also decided that I actually like 3rd world urban chaos. It makes a city that little bit more fun when you know you're gonna get hit by a car any moment :p