Random Thoughts....

Crappy day at work. I hate being the youngest person there because I was given the name "Junior" and this one guy I swear has ADHD keeps trying to one up me with everything and always asks me what I'm doing and his response is always "stay down stairs"(my desk is upstairs), he also makes all these stupid noises with his mouth like he's 6 years old, he's 38. One of these days I'm going to say to him "Fuck off you're not my mother, quit acting like her".

He's only been working here for a month and I'm already irritated with him.

Welcome to the real world Junior. People are assholes. It's hard to do, but learn to ignore him as best as you can or just bark back in a friendly way. Don't ever let your guard down.

Random babble of the day-

You know, there is still a small party up there that has a website and the are still people trying to make the state of Jefferson? They only have like 1k members, so it's really more of a dream. Even funnier is that there is a lot of stuff named after the State of Jefferson- State of Jefferson Public Radio, etc. even though it doesn't exist. =P I forget if I've said something about this, but I still think it's rather ridiculous.

Also... I make noises sometimes. Usually it's when I have a bit of downtime though like during slow times at work with little to do. Of course, I don't nag people, I mainly ask a lot of questions for clarification purposes.

He's only been working here for a month and I'm already irritated with him.

We have a guy on our line at work who I call "kid" all the time. He knows I'm joking with him, but he is the same age as one of my kids. Now, thats depressing. :p

So, when it starts bugging him, he'll call me "Mom" or even "Grandma". The little brat!:p
But we both know were joking.

It is apparently time to play the spider identification day again. This summer is a summer of many spiders.

It is apparently time to play the spider identification day again. This summer is a summer of many spiders.

Does that mean you're going to start posting pictures? If so, shoot me a PM, so I can stay out of this thread.

Someone who works out please explain this. The machine I'm on is telling me I burned 410 calories. The heart rate monitor I'm wearing says I burned 741.

What the eff?

I assume because the machine has nothing to base on except weight and a bunch of stats of random fit as fuck people that it underestimates that shit.

No it ran away too quick. I think it was a wolf spider.

Someone who works out please explain this. The machine I'm on is telling me I burned 410 calories. The heart rate monitor I'm wearing says I burned 741.

What the eff?

I assume because the machine has nothing to base on except weight and a bunch of stats of random fit as fuck people that it underestimates that shit.

Those are just estimates to give you a vague idea of what you've done. The machines can calculate all kinds of speed and distance stuff (we had half a dozen treadmills that did ~11000 miles a year each), but there's not really a reliable way to figure out how many calories any specific person burns since everyone is different. Just don't be like the silly person who always left the bottle holder in one of the treadmills where I worked full of Life Savers wrappers. I always got a laugh at someone on the treadmill downing a bags worth of life savers in the process.

Reactions: LP
Those are just estimates to give you a vague idea of what you've done. The machines can calculate all kinds of speed and distance stuff (we had half a dozen treadmills that did ~11000 miles a year each), but there's not really a reliable way to figure out how many calories any specific person burns since everyone is different. Just don't be like the silly person who always left the bottle holder in one of the treadmills where I worked full of Life Savers wrappers. I always got a laugh at someone on the treadmill downing a bags worth of life savers in the process.

Lol wtf @ lifesavers. Ironically enough I've seen that here in the gym. Except one day I also saw what seemed like heart-shaped dog food in the beverage holder.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/06/19/oh_god.png

Oh a Wolf Spider. I had a lovely encounter with one of those freshman year of high school on my birthday. It decided to crawl through my window since I didn't have a screen because I was living in a rather old and in desperate need of repairs house.

Was it sort of brown-ish black and hairy? They are a pretty decent size. The one I encountered was about 1 1/2" or so. By looking at Wikipedia, some are quite fierce looking. That spider that crawled in my room was also very fast. I was surprised given the size.

Mmm. Star Trek, food and booze...nice relaxing way to start my string of 4 days off. :)

So, today I drove around Sydney, and along Oxford St, with another man, in a VW Eos, with the roof down, an empty child seat in the back, and Depeche Mode playing...

No homo.

So, today I drove around Sydney, and along Oxford St, with another man, in a VW Eos, with the roof down, an empty child seat in the back, and Depeche Mode playing...

No homo.

You made me think of this....

are_you_my_mummy.jpg

Note to self: yes, I need a printer again.

After my old printer died a couple of years ago, I decided that I don?t need a printer anymore. With copyshops around every corner in my hometown, that was certainly the case. Just put whatever I wanted printed on a USB-stick/CD, a quick walk down the road ... and done for cheap. No more dried-out printer-heads, empty cartridges or whatever goes wrong when you actually want to print something at home every half year or so after your printer has gathered dust for long enough.
Now I?ve moved to a much smaller town and I can?t find one (1!) fucking copyshop. Only a camera&photo-shop will print my two page letter .. for a whopping 20cent a page (black&white) + 1,50? initial cost/per order. Basically they charge me for printing a big photo. Screw this! I?m getting a new printer. Amazon.de, here I come!

I started wearing my grandmother's jade bangle today, she's in hospital and had to take it off because they need access for IVs and such. I had to use oil to get it on. Cue much innuendo about lubing up and getting it in there.

We have a guy on our line at work who I call "kid" all the time. He knows I'm joking with him, but he is the same age as one of my kids. Now, thats depressing. :p

No, what's really depressing is when you learn that your high school sweetheart is a grandparent.