Random Thoughts....

Something like that. He is certainly old enough to be Miss Watson's father.

German satire montly "Titanic" named the most important moment in the Harry Potter saga:
The day Emma Watson reached legal age.

Pfft, I have not been into Harry Potter since it first appeared. :p

Was the same with the Lord of the Rings wotsit. As with Harry Potter; never read the books, never saw the movies. Had no interest at all. I fangirl over Batman not books for kids that got reillustrated an' were sold as the "Grown up version".

Some LOTR fanboy will point it out, so it might as well be me: The Hobbit was intended for kids, The Lord of the Rings never was.

I avoided all Tolkein.

I heard it was hobbit forming.

:drums:

Some LOTR fanboy will point it out, so it might as well be me: The Hobbit was intended for kids, The Lord of the Rings never was.

I were more referring to Harry Potter with that but it was the same in the fact that I never read any LOTR or saw the movies an' never had any interest in either.

I've never had a problem with the Harry Potter franchise, just seen them as good fun movies. Read a few of the books and again, they were just fun. I've loved the LotR movies though and reading the LotR books is one of the things on my bucket list. many times i've tried it, all times failed.

That said, i would much rather be dragged along to a Harry Potter film than be forced to sit through more of that Twilight twaddle.

I've never had a problem with the Harry Potter franchise, just seen them as good fun movies. Read a few of the books and again, they were just fun. I've loved the LotR movies though and reading the LotR books is one of the things on my bucket list. many times i've tried it, all times failed.

That said, i would much rather be dragged along to a Harry Potter film than be forced to sit through more of that Twilight twaddle.

Try harder. I can read The Hobbit + The Lord of the Rings in one sitting :D (with the 6CD soundtrack tyvm)

Am I the only one who thinks that Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is an allegory for Nazism and the holocaust?

Am I the only one who thinks that Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is an allegory for Nazism and the holocaust?

No it's quite apparent in the book, 'for the greater good' seems like something very nazi.

I still haven't seen the new one, really want to but as I'm still the sole food source for Emily it's not that easy :(

I just witnessed one of the cleaning ladies at work giving a construction worker the classic "GERADE FRISCH GEWISCHT!"-lecture.

(starting at 4:54)

I personally find Tolkien to be amazingly boring, maybe I don't have a good enough imagination or smthing

I personally find Tolkien to be amazingly boring, maybe I don't have a good enough imagination or smthing
Tolkien, a literature professor by trade, imitates the style of old english epic poems like Beowolf (on which Tolkien wrote a highly-influential paper). This sounds unfamiliar and sometimes boring to the modern-day reader. An ex of mine once wrote a term paper on metaphor use in LotR and epic poems, the parallels are countless.

Sort of. Hipsters first claim to have been into something long before anyone else had ever heard of it and then go off it once it becomes mainstream. As far as I understand it anyway.

Careful MWF, you're nudging dangerously into smuggle territory.

Want to help win a years supply of diapers? vote here :D