Random Thoughts....

Check all beds, could maybe be bedbugs. But then it could be pretty much anything, little black bug covers most bugs. :lol:

Why would you think so? English is germanic, it just has a lot of romantic influence. And the grammar is really similar to english grammar, but obviously english has no genders.

Not based on actual knowledge, they just look really scary. :blush: I didn't know they were Germanic.

Having dabbled in German, I can see why any Germanic language would be (relatively) easy for an English-speaker. Except for those damn genders everyone else insists on using....

I don't let the little black bugs live long enough to figure out what they are! :lol:

w00t, getting the car washed. I got $2 off because apparently there's a ladies' day special. Not bad.

Last edited:
There is an IHOP near my workplace that is being used to film a scene supposedly involving Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe.

Why an IHOP in North Aurora Illinois? This is the ass end of the Chicago metropolis.

I think you will find the key words are now all in bold.

You're welcome.

NERD TIME.

So my labmate was talking to me about the fact that her programming language doesn't really have a proper sort function, and with the way she has to handle her data, it needs to be manually sorted. We discuss various sorting algorithms, including quicksort, mergesort, heapsort, and fucking...timsort. I never even knew of such a thing.

But then of course, she decides to choose...... BUBBLE SORT! Yaaay. The worst of all of them! \o/

So I decide to try it out myself on my programming language IDL. It's super easy to create. Just 13 lines of code.... 11 if you exclude the variable initialization. And of course, since I discovered how to make it record the system time in seconds, I am now at present making it run through and sort an array of random arrays of length 10 to length 10,000. It's recording the time it takes to run sorts at each length and at the end I'm going to plot it.

And here we go:
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/07/27/Screen_shot_2011-07-27_at_3.33.33_PM.png

What frightens me is that I took this screenshot at 3:33.33 PM. :shock:

Edit: Now I'm trying to sort the same array, but taking subarrays from index of 0 to len-1. Aka I'm sorting the same array, but now adding more values with each sort, let's see what that comes up with.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/07/27/Screen_shot_2011-07-27_at_3.41.30_PM.png

So not that much different. Interesting.

Last edited:
yeah, but...but...but...bubbles.

Ok.
bubble.png

I have made bubbles for you. Please calculate these bubbles.

yeah, but...but...but...bubbles.

I know, I know. I much prefer quicksort, but it takes longer to code that shit and is irrelevant for the few hundreds of data points we have.

You'll always end up in
%5CLARGE%5C%21%5Cmathcal%20O%28n%5E2%29.gif

However, for small values of n it rarely matters.

Word. The time difference between each was 4-fold, while the array size increase was 2-fold and this continues on, until I get to an array size of 10, where the sort was like BESHOOOO

I have made bubbles for you. Please calculate these bubbles.

<pedantic>Vat do u vant me to calculate? </pedantic>

I have no idea, so here is an awkward dance bubble man
bubble2.png

New medication side effects for kat are never sleeping, mood swings, and general moar crazy, approach kats with caution.

Oh no he is going to fall!
Pop pop pop pop!

Word. The time difference between each was 4-fold, while the array size increase was 2-fold and this continues on, until I get to an array size of 10, where the sort was like BESHOOOO

:thumbup: your measured values match the expected values pretty spot on. For more speed, you can achieve
%5Cnormalsize%5C%21%5Cmathcal%20O%28n%20%5Clog%20n%29.gif
with better algorithms.

I'm leaving for Paris for two weeks on Saturday, and I'm just about all packed up. When I was done, though, I realized how stereotypically female I'd been. I packed 5 pairs of shoes, and only two of them are what could be classified as walking shoes. Oops.

If you're as stereotypical as you are, why bother packing 3 pairs of non walking shoes when you can buy 20 while you're in Paris?! :lol:

If you're as stereotypical as you are, why bother packing 3 pairs of non walking shoes when you can buy 20 while you're in Paris?! :lol:

I probably will, but I'm cheap. :p

A real girl will bring an empty suitcase just for all the crap she'll buy in Paris.