Random Thoughts....

Do I sense a nerdfight brewing again?

Good. The way LP and LCG used to mud wrestle in my early days here was something to behold. :D

Translated to Anglo-American, that makes 12k miles in 18 months or 8k miles per year, so below the American average of 10-12k miles per year; I don't know what the typical European figures are. What is the city/highway split?

Wow, only that much? I drove about 30,000 miles in the one year I've owned my truck.

I don't even want to know how much gas I've burned, shut up!

Good. The way LP and LCG used to mud wrestle in my early days here was something to behold. :D

You know you fapped to that shit, don't even lie.

About 12,000 miles worth at European prices. :(

topical:

The local bus and light rail drivers will be on strike tomorrow. Not that it's a big inconvenience to me, but I'm thinking of everyone who will be left without a way to move about the city.

^That reminds me, is Canada Post still on strike?

I totally forgot about Lollapalloza ever since they killed q101....

its when you started charging us money for that stuff. this is the internet. don't you know we want things for free.

But LCG, narf, and I need the money to run the VIP extra special section for our website!

Wholeheartedly disagree with you there. Part 2 was SO bad that I never even bothered to watch part 3, and never will. As far as I'm concerned there's only one Matrix film, the rest is Bielefeld-territory.

Jedd also thinks FPS games should be played on consoles instead of PCs...

Just saying...

That's alright Q101 sucked anyways. The real death of Chicago rock stations happened when 94.7 the Zone switched to some oldies format. Midday Metallica will be missed.

Check out what I listen to at work, WONC 89.1 it is college radio from North Central College, and they play "from the classics to the cutting edge." All rock, no commercials.

For Speedtouch:
"In town for Lollapallooza, Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme came out for Chicago Fire training this morning at Toyota Park."

Haha nice. As one does I suppose :p I must say I did see my name and think 'oo whats this?' :lol:

Anyways - can't wait for their new album, or Reading Festival where I've got a job - hoping I get awesome shifts so I don't have to miss a second of awesomeness, considering they are playing their 10-year-old-this-year-commonly-classed-as-their-best-album-ever-and-the-one-my-signature-pic-is-modelled-after album. :)

We've got awesome rock stations, WBRU is awesome and WZLX and WAAF. Never really any crap on those stations.

Check out what I listen to at work, WONC 89.1 it is college radio from North Central College, and they play "from the classics to the cutting edge." All rock, no commercials.

I've heard it, not too bad, but whenever I listen it's some ultra-hipster manning the board who drones on about the one Temper Trap concert he saw in some abandoned warehouse or other hipster drivel. I've basically been radio free for a few years, just pluggin in my iPod and listening to audiobooks, podcasts, or music of my selection.