Random Thoughts....

I meant blows as in - it is terrible.

Yeah there are some winds, but nothing out of the ordinary so far. What flash tornadoes? Surely I will be able to spot them miles away.

Double entendre there, dude. :p Also, tornadoes aren't always visible until they've touched down and picked up dirt and debris.

Its 4:20am, its cold and windy, I can hear the roof tiles rattling and the wind blowing by the window of my attic room. Sitting at my makeshift desk typing out my CV whilst listening to Classic FM on my radio...

it would appear my life is attempting to be a movie scene again. <_<

Someone keeps parking in the no parking zone in front of my apartment despite ample spaces being available, so I smeared dog poop under their door handle. Hopefully they get the message I'm tired of having to walk around their car balancing on the curb while trying to avoid the bushes, there is plenty of parking in the lot.

We're number 1...

Gary McManus, associate state climatologist with the Oklahoma Climatological Survey, said July's temperature average statewide of 89.1 degrees was not only the hottest month in state history, but the hottest month for any state in U.S. history.

McManus said this is based on temperature records that date back to 1895 for the 48 contiguous states.

July's average temperature was calculated using measurements throughout a day - ranging from the low, often in the early morning, to the high, usually in the afternoon. To formulate a statewide average, McManus said temperatures were recorded from 120 Oklahoma Mesonet sites, including at least one in each county.

Although the Mesonet system began in the 1990s, the National Weather Service records date to 1895.

Someone keeps parking in the no parking zone in front of my apartment despite ample spaces being available, so I smeared dog poop under their door handle. Hopefully they get the message I'm tired of having to walk around their car balancing on the curb while trying to avoid the bushes, there is plenty of parking in the lot.

Just call the apartment management. If it is a fire lane (and it sounds like it is), call the local fire department - in most states the fire chief has the power to issue tickets or tow vehicles parked in the fire lane, even on private property.

This was my evening:

• Drove the lab group from campus to Boomers.
  • Played mini golf
  • Played DDR Extreme after a long ass time of doing it
  • Ate a veggie burger for dinner
  • Went go-karting
  • Came back to the arcade and raced, played air hockey, shooting games, and finished off with DDR
  • Drove my labmate Natalie home, she was 7 miles away
  • Drove Emily to a bar in downtown - 11 miles away
  • Drove my mentor back to campus - 20 miles away
  • Mentor asked if he could get a ride back to his house instead of biking home so drove him to his house near Encinitas
  • Drove back home.

Total drive of 70 miles this evening.

I swear to God, if I don't get a job within the next month, my buddy and I are going to go do this.

Already promised him, pinky-swore, on my mother's grave, Scout's Honor. I'm gonna drive a Citroen Ami wagon from here to Mon-Freakin'-Golia. Now, all I need is a blonde girl with big tits.

I wish I could go on adventures. :(

Dude - Trek nerds unite. Came back to read all the posts after a long day at work, can't believe how many of you actually know things about Star Trek. :lol: Most of my friends couldn't give a rip, even if they've watched all of it at some point in their lives. Only a precious few are actually fans, or at least aren't opposed to a Star Trek-themed discussion.

I meant blows as in - it is terrible.
Bullshit. Unless you're somewhere other than Kansas City, Lawrence or Manhattan ... then you have my condolences.

Surely I will be able to spot them miles away
:lmao: Keep telling yourself that. There's no such thing as a "flash" tornado because they're all "flash" tornadoes.

I swear to God, if I don't get a job within the next month, my buddy and I are going to go do this.

Already promised him, pinky-swore, on my mother's grave, Scout's Honor. I'm gonna drive a Citroen Ami wagon from here to Mon-Freakin'-Golia. Now, all I need is a blonde girl with big tits.

That looks pretty awesome! There is something similar in France called the 4L Trophy, which like the name suggests takes place in Renault 4Ls! Basically you start from France and drive for about 10 days in Morocco. I nearly went for it a few years ago, but school came across the way and said "No"...

Alright, just wanted to vent a little bit about pet peeves I have about the internet these days.

1. Every goddamn site needs an email/registration/login. For **sakes, it's 2011, use Google/FB Connect/OpenID already so I don't need to have another login/pw I need to worry about getting hacked. I know it only takes <1 min, but every now and again I have to register, open my email to confirm, etc. It gets old fast. Give me the government virtual ID already.

2. Share buttons. WTF. If I wanted to "share" something, I'll email it or (maybe) Google+ it. I don't want dozens of Digg/StumbleUpon/etc. clones, I don't want FB likes, etc.

3. Flash (especially retail sites). For godsakes, kill it already.

Anyone else miss the web circa 1990s?

1. Every goddamn site needs an email/registration/login. For **sakes, it's 2011, use Google/FB Connect/OpenID already so I don't need to have another login/pw I need to worry about getting hacked. I know it only takes <1 min, but every now and again I have to register, open my email to confirm, etc. It gets old fast. Give me the government virtual ID already.

no. my facebook is personal, has real life friends on it, and has nothing to do with my virtual life. i refuse to use my facebook account!

2. Share buttons. WTF. If I wanted to "share" something, I'll email it or (maybe) Google+ it. I don't want dozens of Digg/StumbleUpon/etc. clones, I don't want FB likes, etc.

i do. google+ just sucks, and if i want to show anything to a real life friend, facebook is the best way to do so...
and it gives people the opportunity to ignore it. i HATE mails, everyone who dares forwarding me some chain mail, or some vid he found on youtube, i will punch in the face!

3. Flash (especially retail sites). For godsakes, kill it already.

with this, i agree

Last edited:
All these Share buttons are especially pissing me off at the moment as Twitter, FaceBook, etc. (being blocked in China) are making some sites not load properly because the site connects to them to load their bullshit Share buttons...

Bullshit. Unless you're somewhere other than Kansas City, Lawrence or Manhattan ... then you have my condolences.

:lmao: Keep telling yourself that. There's no such thing as a "flash" tornado because they're all "flash" tornadoes.

I was in Kansas City yesterday, but that was technically Missouri. I stayed the night in Abilene - home of Dwight Eisenhower. Epic boredom.

Its 4:20am, its cold and windy, I can hear the roof tiles rattling and the wind blowing by the window of my attic room. Sitting at my makeshift desk typing out my CV whilst listening to Classic FM on my radio...

it would appear my life is attempting to be a movie scene again.

That sounds like a book....ever consider writing.

Last edited:
It was dark, I was in my bathrobe when the ninja's attacked!

That's what I got so far with my novel.