Random Thoughts....

Speaking as a dad of a teen age daughter "What Ever!" She has watched way too much trash teen American sit coms.

Grrrrr.

Who is the stupid dad that buys her petrol I ask?

Well it's 8:30, I've been woken up in the usual manner of Dad bursting into my room and blaming me for a broken fridge* after 2 hours of sleep.
Try sleeping more. I don't know if you were deliberately awake until then or not, but lack of sleep can seriously fuck with your head.

The temptation of starting on the drink now is high, but I reckon my parents would literally go mental. <_<
Sorry if I'm overstepping the mark here, but your parents already sound pretty damn mental to me (accepting that we only hear your side of things).

Speaking as a dad of a teen age daughter "What Ever!" She has watched way too much trash teen American sit coms.

Grrrrr.

Who is the stupid dad that buys her petrol I ask?

I guess my sister who's 23 proceded to be mad and yell at my Dad for interrupting her while he gave her a ride from 80miles away..
She lives with her boyfriend.
My thought on this is if you can live with the guy, He can come get you.

You think he would be living there if he had the money or means to do that?

Ok, so we don't know his financial circumstances... However I do have plenty of friends with shitty parents that still live at home for the convenience factor.

watto, spend a bit of time in NSFPE in NSFW. You'd know everything right down to his shoe size and what he has for breakfast!

Ah... Right, well... So Single Malt fans around here are we?

Prefer a good Bourbon myself. I'm half Scots and still never developed a taste for the stuff.

Who isn't?...but it's the price that make us fans, and not consumers. :| Well, me at least. I actually prefer Canadian Whiskys.

Last edited:
So Single Malt fans around here are we?
Definitely, especially a good peaty one like Laphroaig. My one luxury (after cars and shoes, that is). But for God's sake drink it neat, don't bastardise it with ice or water!

(Un)fortunately my taste preference leans towards the smooth smooth taste of a single malts. The hip pocket suffers greatly during winter.

I've never enjoyed bourbon, very bite taste, can't enjoy it.

Edit: he-he; "Definitely, especially a good peaty one like Laphroaig. My one luxury (after cars and shoes, that is). But for God's sake drink it neat, don't bastardise it with ice or water!"

You're female. You know of and obviously like Laphroaig. You insist on Scotch being neat.

I LOVE YOU!!

Last edited:
Watto, you would probably like Crown Royal. That, and really most Canadians are very smooth.

Not heard of Crown Royal. I shall investigate, thanks Jay:)

Bed time. Dreams of single malt...

Reactions: Jay
A few drops yes, this is done not to thin out the whiskey but to break the 'surface strenght' and bring out the aroma.

There's a BevMo across the street from my workplace. Sweet Jesus, that place will be the death of me.

I'm gonna have to start drinking like your dad.

2009_11_06-OldOverholt.jpg

Old Overholt is the shit, with rye being so trendy it's managed to maintain its cheap and delicious nature. Fucking ri and Templeton and all the others are like 40+ a bottle and newly made. Old Overholt has been produced since the first time rye was cool, such a badass drink. A little rye and ginger ale, fuckin all you need on a hot summer day.