Random Thoughts....

A little tepid water is permitted I understand.

A few drops yes, this is done not to thin out the whiskey but to break the 'surface strenght' and bring out the aroma.

Yes, this is fine - it's when people pour one finger and then fill the tumbler to the brim with water :mad:

If you like smooth single malts, go Japanese. The Yamazaki is an exceptionally smooth single malt.

This man speaks the truth, Yamazaki 12 yr is delicious...need to try the 18 yr someday.

Ah... Right, well... So Single Malt fans around here are we?

This man speaks the truth, Yamazaki 12 yr is delicious...need to try the 18 yr someday.
Haven't tried Japanse yet. The result of my recent trip to Scotland is a change from the more common Lagavulin to Talisker as my favourite Single Malt, though.

Guess I've missed an entire whisky thread here. Yamazaki is good, very smooth, and I believe I tried the 10-year. I'm on a bourbon binge lately, as opposed to the Scotches I had (rather appropriately) in London. Old Grand-Dad is my current cheap geezer favorite, though Woodford Reserve is excellent as well. Canadian whiskeys are good too: I've yet to try Canadian Club Black, but my friend swears by it for Manhattans.

If you guys haven't tried Cragganmore, I'd definitely recommend it. Can't wait to raid BevMo for everything in general.

Having tried just the Jack Daniels and Wild Turkeys I feel a little left out of this discussion.

Word. Sounds like your folks have lost it.
Did you break the fridge though?
Planning to move out ASAP, its sort of a necessity! :lol:

The fridge got broken because I put a too large bottle in the door tray thing and it snapped. I wouldn't mind but when I last bought the big bottles I'd lie them down on the shelves and my parents would move them to the tray to save space, when I start doing what they do and the damn thing breaks it is solely my fault.

Meh, my parents are fairly reasonable overall, it's just millions of little issues that build up and the fact some of the things they do and the way they act are things that really aggravate me. I also think they are trying to make my life as un-comfortable as possible so I move out faster, I can't stress how flawed their logic can be at times...

On the topic of alcohol the only whisky I have sampled and can properly remember was Glenfiddich, the distillery is only a few miles from my house actually. :D
Not really a strong drink person though, I prefer a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown ale in the evening, it goes down a tad' easier. :lol:

MWF said:
watto, spend a bit of time in NSFPE in NSFW. You'd know everything right down to his shoe size and what he has for breakfast!
7, and you've clearly not been reading my posts thoroughly enough I almost never have breakfast. :p

Last edited:
Funny you should post that, I saw this today:

COLORLOGO.jpg

Reminded me of the old Bioshock image. :D

Oh, does anyone want to buy a nice old Land Rover? It's going up for sale. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

Haven't tried Japanse yet. The result of my recent trip to Scotland is a change from the more common Lagavulin to Talisker as my favourite Single Malt, though.

A few years ago, I did the distillery tour whilst on holiday on Skye.

I don't drink whisky regularly, but when I do it is Talisker.

:)

I've yet to try Canadian Club Black, but my friend swears by it for Manhattans.

Now that is curious, because I have been LECTURED on why some drinks, like Manhattens, are made for American Ryes. But hey, more power to him!

Just got my first grad school assignment graded - 89 out of 100.

Obviously, I could have done better, but I think it was also the professor trying to bust my balls a little bit and not let me get too comfortable.

Fun to read what other people like in a Scotch, I've always found it to be a very personal thing... And to agree with some previous posts, to make it the tiniest bit smooter, a couple of drops of water to cut it slighty but indeed, if one is to fill the glass with water, then one deserves a poke in the eye.

The first part of my own car review of the Falcon G6E is going to be regarding one of the WORST driving positions I have ever encountered. Fail Ford.

Fun to read what other people like in a Scotch, I've always found it to be a very personal thing... And to agree with some previous posts, to make it the tiniest bit smooter, a couple of drops of water to cut it slighty but indeed, if one is to fill the glass with water, then one deserves a poke in the eye.
You should never drink "u?sque" in Brazil. They put it in the tumbler, add huge amounts of ice and often water, sip it and add ice as it melts. I kept thinking they shouldn't be drinking the stuff if they hate it so much, but alas it's posh. :cry:

I usually have whiskey with three cubes of ice, so it cuts a little bit. It's a bad habit for all of the flavors, but it's a personal preference - and it works really well when it's something that's close to 100 proof.

Then again, if the ice melts all the way down, you're not drinking whiskey fast enough.