Random Thoughts....

Woodford Reserve, neat.

Reactions: MWF
Stupid question, what else do you expect from me?
My paypal balance is ?50. If I want to buy something thats say ?60 via paypal, it uses the paypal balance and then the ?10 from my bank?

I don't have to piss about withdrawing from Paypal first?

No it uses your paypal balance first, then goes elsewhere to get the money.

Crown royal and 7up.
On my deck banging music.

And my avatar is me now.

Pqtja.jpg

Engineering is so much fun.

Oh shi- did apple actually improve the airflow in the unibody MBPs? :O I rocketed up to 90C stressing it and then was back down to 52 in a couple minutes and half that time the fans were back down to default 2000rpm. WTF. My old MBP would hardly ever get below 70 if I did anything more than browse and intertube or two.

Yeah I noticed that. I have a fan override program and I think I have only had to use it like 3x.

You know your shoes are due for replacement when you can stick your toes out of the big gaping hole on the side of the shoe. And it's match has one that extends all the way around the toe to the other side.

Happily, I now have a new pair.

Reminds me its time to get a new pair of shoes that aren't for work. Bah.

Fun to read what other people like in a Scotch, I've always found it to be a very personal thing... And to agree with some previous posts, to make it the tiniest bit smooter, a couple of drops of water to cut it slighty but indeed, if one is to fill the glass with water, then one deserves a poke in the eye.

The first part of my own car review of the Falcon G6E is going to be regarding one of the WORST driving positions I have ever encountered. Fail Ford.

When I drink scotch I put 3 ice cubes in it

Nothing wrong with ice. Ice cubes are acceptable. But when I see people putting in more than a splash of water, I cry.

CRY!

Actualy ice is worse then water....to much water 'just' thins out the scotch, ice lowers it's temperature, killing the flavour and aroma's.

*takes his booze very seriously*

i can't drink whiskey without ice, with ice it's acceptable, but can't say i really like it...
i prefer mine with some coffee, irish coffee FTW!

Try proper single malt whiskies, and not the Jantje Wandelaar met rode stikker (Johnny Walker Red Label, for the native English speakers) I find that stuff undrinkable, with or without ice. It needs coke to be semi-drinkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
I already said this in the college football thread, but it merits repeating until the OMG wears off:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

</coco's commentary on BU vs. TCU>

Bought a candy bar, wanted to eat one because I haven't had one in months. I thought I would sneak it on the car ride home and no-one would be the wiser. I bought it, put it in the plastic bag with the other groceries, put it in the car, went to finish something else, drove home, was doing stuff, then suddenly realized.... oh yeah... candy bar.

You know the diet and exercise is working when you forget the "sinful" thing you purchased.

i can't drink whiskey without ice, with ice it's acceptable, but can't say i really like it...
i prefer mine with some coffee, irish coffee FTW!

Sounds delicious. I've only had whiskey on the rocks once, and I had no idea what kind of whiskey it was but I agree that the flavor profile wasn't there.

Try proper single malt whiskies, and not the Jan Wandelaar met rode stikker (Johnny Walker Red Label, for the native English speakers) I find that stuff undrinkable, with or without ice. It needs coke to be semi-drinkable.

Jack and coke?

Jack and coke?

That is another brand that needs something else to make it drinkable. I am biased though; American ryes make my stomach unhappy. Good whiskys need to savored and enjoyed like a good wine, not slugged down on a lonely Saturday night.

Still no joy on the 2011 William Larue Weller release. I've called 10 different liquor store and keep getting shot down..I really don't want to drive to Kentucky again.

I already said this in the college football thread, but it merits repeating until the OMG wears off:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

</coco's commentary on BU vs. TCU>

This is why I could never be a Texan.

I mean, guns, pickup trucks, beer and barbecue - I'm down with that.

But handegg? Meh.