Random Thoughts....

You sir deserve the highest of fives. Or a beverage. Your choice.

And speaking of Wally:

Reactions: Jay
On Friday:

ForeverAloneExcited.png
LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

Realizing that I have to complete homework, make 2 flyers and a postcard, help with some presentation figures, workout on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, look at some work-related items:

okay%20with%20words.png

Flux this noise, I'm playing the SC2 demo I dl'ed later on tonight.

Just play the SC2 starter? You can play online with that one.

Also, happy 230th founding day, Los Angeles? Didn't know that until just now.

I have a bug zapper. Not the kind you hang up, but the one shaped like a tennis racket...:evil:

On Friday:

ForeverAloneExcited.png
LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

Realizing that I have to complete homework, make 2 flyers and a postcard, help with some presentation figures, workout on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, look at some work-related items:

okay%20with%20words.png

Flux this noise, I'm playing the SC2 demo I dl'ed later on tonight.
I'm busy doing laundry because I have to go to work tomorrow. Double time and a half, ftw. :p

Just play the SC2 starter? You can play online with that one.

Also, happy 230th founding day, Los Angeles? Didn't know that until just now.

That's what I downloaded actually. I know I can unlock the full version of the game if I purchase it and put in an access key but...

as a previous SC fan I think it would be unjustified if I did that right?

I'm busy doing laundry because I have to go to work tomorrow. Double time and a half, ftw. :p

You're lucky you get OT. I doesn't.

So...the whole week off, and I don't really know what to do with my time. Except sit around and paint model cars and watch Star Trek all the time....

My youngest nephew has come down with the thrush.

The first thought that popped in my head was "Open Channel D." :-|

Reactions: MWF
Kiki and I have been volunteering with the local race club working the grids and pit-out this season; I've been hanging out in the starter tower trying to get a feel for it.

Yesterday I'm glad I was paying attention because the guy who was supposed to be running the start/finish tower didn't show up. I was volunteered to take over.

The club VP and Race Director (same guy) essentially said that since I'm more reliable and did a decent job, he would like me to volunteer as starter. Race Control also said I did a good job.

In other news, it's really hard to end a race when the leader is only half a bike length behind the last in the field, which happens a lot in endurance racing. You have to get the white flag out in about a half-second gap, and then switch from white to checker even faster on the next lap.

Yesterday I possibly did the geekiest thing I have ever done. I went to Botany Bay (Spot 3 on this map) and watched planes take off for about an hour. The weather was amazing and I saw an A380, B777, many 737/767's. Plenty of Dash-8's, A320's, a 744 and an A340. Took the camera along and got some shots.

Wouldn't say I'm an av geek but I am fascinated by planes and the fact that something so massive is able to scream along the runway and get into the air. Simply freakin awesome! Fantastic thing about the spot is that at the fence you're about 20m from the taxi way and perhaps 50m from the runway. Simply amazing to be that close to planes taking off/landing/taxiing.

Weather dependent, I definitely want to do it again.

Added bonus, it's only a 20min drive from home.

Last edited:
I got as far as Botany Bay and my brain switched over to Wrath of Khan.

What do I do now with my endless amounts of free time that has been given to me from being laid off?! It's only been ~3 days and I'm going nuts!

D:

Wouldn't you be off for 3 days anyway because of the holiday weekend?

Got home from Texas at midnight and have been on an adrenaline high since. I've been traveling since 5:30 and didn't even have dinner. Top-down blast around and under Boston didn't help. It's moments like this that make me want to get a motorcycle license; either that, or get an older slower car that's more of a rush to drive at normal road speeds. Of course, it might be the hot date I have tomorrow that's keeping me awake :D.

It won't help. Even in my car I cannot seem to get myself to go the speed limit. :lol:

I think it is less the car and more the ability to control it. I remember learning to drive and the speed limit being scary because I wasn't skilled enough to keep it under control. I remember when 20 was scary. Now 75 is boring.

Last edited: