Random Thoughts....

Hai. I swear I'm going to make more of an effort to post here more often. :(

Been up to my eyes getting my shiz back together moving home and junk. How've we all been? :)

Hai. I swear I'm going to make more of an effort to post here more often. :(

Been up to my eyes getting my shiz back together moving home and junk. How've we all been? :)
Even your avvie is pleased to see you back. Glad to see you back again.

Something I've been noticing, it's cheaper to rent a house than an apartment. Is there something I'm missing? If not then I'm totally doing this instead so I can park my truck in a garage next year when my company gives me a car.

Last edited:
The good thing is I'm back home where it's much easier to get my hands on a tv. So F1 and Top Gear is a go!! :D

Holy carp! It's cold, even in my house. *shivers*

Something I've been noticing, it's cheap to rent a house than an apartment. Is there something I'm missing? If not then I'm totally doing this instead so I can park my truck in a garage next year when my company gives me a car.

I noticed this too, I think it's because people are perhaps more desperate to have some one in a house contributing anything toward the landlord's mortgage payments than apartments. Who knows for sure though, I'm pulling that out of my ass.

The good thing is I'm back home where it's much easier to get my hands on a tv. So F1 and Top Gear is a go!! :D

Welcome back!

Stef, you're fucking awesome. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise?even yourself.

(Yes, it's much more complicated than that, I know.)

This. And remember there are about a billion trillion people out there that aren't nearly as cool as you.

Found my Parent's copy of Live8 DVD, my word Pink Floyd were absoloutely mind blowing! Shame i can't find the Roxy Music performance anywhere :(

Don't recall Roxy Music playing at Live8 in London, but I could be wrong maybe they played in the USA or another of the European venues. (e.g. Pet Shop Boys played in Moscow.)

:smile:

German TV is gracing us with the best bad double feature ever: First, I watched "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus", now "Sharktopus" is on.

This double feature has a 6.1 rating at IMDB. Both films added together, that is.

They played in berlin :)

There were two or three other Live8 DVDs of some of the other venues. A single disk each in skinny cases I think, when the big box set DVD was first released. The big DVD was on the shelves for ages and is probably still there, the small ones disappeared pretty quick.

:smile:

German TV is gracing us with the best bad double feature ever: First, I watched "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus", now "Sharktopus" is on.

This double feature has a 6.1 rating at IMDB. Both films added together, that is.

So the first one is about how the second monster was conceived? MATING RITUALS OF THE MEGA SHARK AND GIANT OCTOPUS.

I remember when I first saw that in the for sale basket in a DVD rental store in Dumfries, me and my friends couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

I remember when I first saw that in the for sale basket in a DVD rental store in Dumfries, me and my friends couldn't stop laughing. :lol:
After that, "Monsterwolf" starring Robert "The Doctor" Picardo is on!

I'm starting to think I might be depressed...again. It's getting hard to even mention any redeeming qualities about myself because it just doesn't seem like there are any. There's nothing that I can think of that I do particularly well anymore. No matter what it is, there's always a billion other people who are better at it to the point where I don't even have much of a chance.

I'm quite useless.

Worse yet, I can't see any end to this in sight. I suppose it's good that I recognize that this isn't the way I should be thinking, but I still can't seem to dig myself out of it. I've just been in this hole for a few weeks now.

I don't have anyone here who I'd feel comfortable telling this to, so here ya go, Internets, have at it.

this post will probably self-destruct once I feel guilty about it and nuke it from orbit

Hello sista.

I need to ask you to do yourself a favor.

Take jo face, and make like dis:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/09/17/smiling-dog1_1_.jpg

If you call yourself useless and dog yourself like that (no pun intended) you're going to sink further. And if you say things like "there's always X amount of people who are better than me", you're just going to aggravate it.

Lemme tell you my feelings about this in the form of a RL experience and story. It involves me being so unconfident at work for the last oh I dunno year or so.

I had always felt that my labmate Emily had more experience than me with certain things because she has a masters. But she texted me the other day asking about what the composition of a brown dwarf was. This is basic stuff that she should know from doing this work for a YEAR AND A HALF! I used to dog myself constantly and used to say "fuck this, Emily is so much better than me, she knows so much more than me", but the truth is (obviously) she doesn't.

I have always been apprehensive about presenting things in a lab meeting, especially when it comes to my writing. My mentor loves to red pen everything. So I always just swallow my sadness and present it to him as if it's the greatest thing he's ever seen, because I give it my full effort. He loves it. Emily on the other hand, was working her ass off.. comes to one of the final lab meetings and starts BAWLING her ass off. Literally BAWLING. She couldn't even write a couple pages of work. She kept crying for a good solid 20 minutes. All while sitting right next to me, with my labmate Sarah on skype video chat, with the postdoc, with my labmate Natalie, and of course my boss. It was the most awkwardly terribad thing ever.

The point is, no-one is better than you at everything and anything, and no-one knows more than you and is sexier than you (apart from George Clooney for the guys and Angelina Jolie for the girls and MWF). You know a fuck ton of shit. You are talented at 2 fucktons of shit. You are capable of turning the world with your pinky and not breaking a sweat.

So get out there and show them who's boss! The only way you can do that is to give everything you do your full effort, and to feel as if you know and can do everything and anything. It makes a big big big big big big big big difference coming into something with a great amount of confidence versus coming into something feeling like you can't do it.

YOU GO GURRL. YOU GOT DIS!

I'm starting to think I might be depressed...again. It's getting hard to even mention any redeeming qualities about myself because it just doesn't seem like there are any. There's nothing that I can think of that I do particularly well anymore. No matter what it is, there's always a billion other people who are better at it to the point where I don't even have much of a chance.

I'm quite useless.

Worse yet, I can't see any end to this in sight. I suppose it's good that I recognize that this isn't the way I should be thinking, but I still can't seem to dig myself out of it. I've just been in this hole for a few weeks now.

I don't have anyone here who I'd feel comfortable telling this to, so here ya go, Internets, have at it.

this post will probably self-destruct once I feel guilty about it and nuke it from orbit

Please keep your head up! I know it's hard especially when nothing goes your way and trust me I know. I'm dealing with my own problems dealing with relationships and my personality, but I'm trying to work as hard as possible. You can easily fall into a larger hole if you allow everything to get to you. Just keep on improving and giving your best that's all you can do!

Is there anything more satisfying than watching English property shows from 2007-2008, where some greedy as developer is expecting to make like 200k pounds for 6 months work making 2 crappy units? boom

Is there anything more satisfying than watching English property shows from 2007-2008, where some greedy as developer is expecting to make like 200k pounds for 6 months work making 2 crappy units? boom

Haha, that "flip that house!" and "Property warrior!" shit was playing here in like 05 lol. Funny what a few years and a bubble burst does.