Random Thoughts....

My voicehurt isn't going away. :( Not *cough* fun.
:comfort: I managed to kill my incipient cold with whisky; then dispatched the hangover with junk food. Tomorrow's fasting blood test results should be interesting :lol:

:comfort: I managed to kill my incipient cold with whisky; then dispatched the hangover with junk food. Tomorrow's fasting blood test results should be interesting :lol:

Sage advice. :p

Oh feck. I need to get a zombie costume ready for this weekend. Bleeeh. Effort. :(

I already +repped you for the pre-cure post. Can't give more strong alcohol to you right now.

I already +repped you for the pre-cure post. Can't give more strong alcohol to you right now.
Hee :D I like confusing the NHS!

I like, I like. :p So far I've got a couple of tubes of fake blood, some old jeans I can tear up a little, an old t-shirt and denim jacket, and a giant birthday badge which I'll bloody and scratch up. :D Need to run into town tomorrow and get some makeup and (maybe) some contacts.

I might end up visiting a charity shop altogether to hunt down some more baggy-ish clothes to tear the shite out of.

Sweet Jaysus I'm wrecked. 4th year is wearing me out :(

I've been watching the Star Wars Saga BluRay editions for the last two nights (Episode 1 last night, Episode 2 tonight and the remaining episodes over the next few nights) and so far i've really struggled to notice any of the differences that people having been bitching about.
I haven't seen a list of the changes done to the movies (nor do i want to) and the only ones i've noticed are the ones done for more cosmetic reason. In fact i've really struggled to notice a reason why people are bitching as much as they are. I'm well aware of the 'Nooooooo' bit coming up in RotJ and even that doesn't bother me. It might be because I was among those who couldn't crap who fired first in the Mos Eisley bar. They still are incredibly good movies and unless Lucas adds a scene with Jar Jar Binks walking up to Anakin saying "Meesa your father" i'm not likely to want Lucas killed.

See, I'm one of the guys who cares very much that Lucas altered Episode IV by having Greedo shoot first. It weakens Han Solo's character tremendously.

First off, by having Greedo shoot first - and missing, from across a 3 foot table - makes Greedo a crap assassin, and thus no longer any credible threat. And second, having Han shoot first makes people understand that Han is not a nice person. He's not the "lovable scoundrel" that the later films made him out to be. He's a pirate and a killer. And having a pirate and a killer decide to help Luke at the last moment is a defining moment for his character. It redeems him in the eyes of the audience, and it shows the transformation that he's made - from shooting a man in cold blood to aiding the Rebels in their cause.

Last edited:
See, I'm one of the guys who cares very much that Lucas altered Episode IV by having Greedo shoot first. It weakens Han Solo's character tremendously.

*Star Wars Nerdery...*

Back on topic - it annoys me when I'm noshing on something in one of those resealable bags and I pull the locking strip off the adhesive in the bag, thus ensuring it will never seal again. :censored:

That pretty much was word for word; what was said every night I went an' got drunk with me flatmates an' Star Wars was brought up. :|

An' ooh I hate when that happens. So I bought meself a bag of them clips you can seal up bags with from Ikea. :)

This country never seizes to amaze me...

I just got a letter from the Selective Service System thanking me for registering.

How? I am a non-resident on a student visa - I am exempt from such bullshit. How the hell did they automatically register me?

I'm calling them in the morning and raising some hell - "Sure, I'll register for the selective service - does that mean you have granted me citizenship? No? Well fuck off then!"

Well it looks like we had a power cut at work. Not long enough to take the servers down but everything else seems to be down. Arse biscuits.

One of your 'mates' did it possibly?
I have had to pay my own child support, and my friend just had her health care pulled for "failing to report where she lived", which is Section 8 housing provided by the government. We do not have logic in this country.

I have illegal immigrant health insurance now
dummy.gif