Random Thoughts....

Was looking up twilight on Wiki.

Why?

Because I needed to know the 6/12/and 18 degree twilight times for San Diego and nearby, so I can determine when is the best time for stargazing. I just wiki'd it to check the exact definitions.

And the first result is that motherfucking novel series.

33.png

I think you just gave it far too much credit...

Oh, yeah. That turd was about 27 Courics.

In comparison, Twilight comes in at around 42 Courics. I guess I have something to aim for.

Why do so many people believe it has to be science or religion?

You can believe in a higher power without forsaking science and vice-versa.
Well, before both sides decided to go Taliban on the other, that was not a problem. Einstein, for example, was a religious person.

I'm not referring to any specific religious dogma, just the general idea of there possibly being a higher power. Who is to say that the big bang and the natural laws of physics, mathematics, evolution, biology, etc were not orchestrated by a higher power?
That's the concept of the unmoved mover. It is true, we are standing on the shoulders of giants, I am always happy to see Aristotele's or Plato's concepts gaining relevance again.
Dude, I just took the most epic dump ever. Seriously, I feel like I've lost weight just from my bowel movement. I'm surprised it all went down in a single flush, to be honest.

</tmi>
A friend of mine once text messaged me
I just shat the Mount Everest

Dr_Grip, your friend is AWESOME.

Why? Because it was a cold sharp turd?

Once again I have declined going to dinner with my brother's gf (and the rest of the family).

I'm a bad sister.

Ashpet, if you are a bad sister, then I am a bad brother and son. I refused to go to thanksgiing dinner so I could avoid my whole family. Peace was had for a whole day.

Ashpet, if you are a bad sister, then I am a bad brother and son. I refused to go to thanksgiing dinner so I could avoid my whole family. Peace was had for a whole day.

Yay! Oh...wait... going to have knock them back again for Xmas. :lol:

I'm not sure what confused/annoyed them more. That I said no, or that I didn't give an excuse as to why I wouldn't be there.

Ashspet, if it makes you feel any better I haven't spent the holidays with my family for the past 21 years. You are an angel of a sister/daughter compared to me.

Yeah, they always want reasons. But since the truth of the matter would completely set them off I said, " I really don't want to go, but thanks for the invite. Bye".

Why? Because it was a cold sharp turd?

Because all the Nepalese knew better than to climb it, but some white dudes with huge egos tried to climb it and got their penises frostbitten.

Wat.

I think you just gave it far too much credit...

Ah fuck you're right.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't been to any of the family gatherings for .... maybe 20 years? Can't even remember the last one I went to. And has for holiday family gatherings, excluding dinner with ma and pa, the greater family has been ignored for almost 30 years.

At least in this town there are only 3 people I have any blood relation to.

What is all this about Black Friday?!?

Black Friday is when a Friday falls in the 13th day of the month. Yesterday was the 25th.

Black Friday also refers to the Friday following the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. This is traditionally the day on which retailers' annual balance sheets go from red (losses) to black (profits) due to sales (sales as in 'normal transactions' not 'promotions'.) Hence the name.

Years back, many retailers decided to try and stack the deck to make sure they would trip over into the black on this day by offering promotions as well and this has only grown with the passage of time. It is especially notable this year as retailers are really badly off due to the economy - they started their Black Friday promotions very early and many even opened on Thanksgiving either in store or online, which was not widespread before. Also notable in that the "doorbuster" loss leader items aren't very good at all this year.

Last edited:
I survived my first day after Thanksgiving sale at work, it was steadily busy and I made a lot of extra money in membership and warranty sales. :) The boss even let me go out and stick flyers on windshields in the parking lot at another store nearby.

Today was a pretty good day, actually, even despite the fact that I managed to get next to no sleep last night before having to be up early for work.