Random Thoughts....

It looks totally suitable to me.

I love this xkcd cartoon:

potential.png

I'm sat up in me bed, wide awake, an' I really would murder someone right now for a curry.
The downside of living in the boonies; had you lived in London you could probably find a dozen shops open at that time of night. Or morning, really.

Woke up in a panic early this morning thinking about a homework assignment that was due before Christmas from the 8th grade. NOT FUNNY, BRAIN.

Last edited:
Must be something about pre-holiday due dates or something. Same thing happened to me yesterday except it was for a final test that I had earlier this week. Was quite the relief when I finally realized it was already over though.

The downside of living in the boonies; had you lived in London you could probably find a dozen shops.

Woke up in a panic early this morning thinking about a homework assignment that was due before Christmas from the 8th grade. NOT FUNNY, BRAIN.

Yeah I coulda gone hauling arse down the road in me jim-jams on a curry mission if I did. Oh woe is me. For once I'd like to live somewhere where I didn't have to drive 20 minutes for a pack of smokes an get there before 10PM 'cause everything's shut by then. :|

Um, that's err. :| Okay. Bad brain?

Aww man, you telling me that crap doesn't stop the older I get??

Must be something about pre-holiday due dates or something.

Probably the mortgage that is due and I really cannot afford.

Um, that's err. :| Okay. Bad brain?

If it does it again, I will stab it with a Q-tip.

No, it seems that my brain is now more than ever determined to dredge up all of my past traumas and embarrassments for me to dwell on. AT TWO IN THE MORNING. :glare:

2011 cannot end soon enough; this has been, by and far, the worst year of my life.

Talking about brains, think I had the longest dream I've ever had tonight. I don't remember specifics, but it definitely was long. As a result, I was sleepy all day today and I have a headache.

Nope. I still have bad dreams about my exams, although by now I've managed to consciously tell myself in my dream "You graduated. It's a dream." which seems to end the dream as far as I can remember them.

Talking about brains, think I had the longest dream I've ever had tonight. I don't remember specifics
I very rarely remember my dreams, but I remember one I had last night. I was bodyguarding someone (I don't know who, but there was a specific threat against him from organised crime people. For some reason the car broke down (?) and we were somehow on the side of the road, slewed sideways, the person I was guarding was in the car and my partner was telling me to make sure he wasn't in danger and I was going "like what kind of danger?" when a pickup rammed the side of the car and my partner just says "that type." Somehow we all survived that, and there was a car chase afterwards (how did we get a new car?), but those are the only details I remember.

Actually that's the second one in the last few days/nights that I remember, but I'm not telling you about the other one.

Last edited:
If it does it again, I will stab it with a Q-tip.

No, it seems that my brain is now more than ever determined to dredge up all of my past traumas and embarrassments for me to dwell on. AT TWO IN THE MORNING. :glare:

2011 cannot end soon enough; this has been, by and far, the worst year of my life.
Through your ear or nostril? (Or other route that I really don't want to contemplate :blink: )

And I'm with you on 2011. Not that I'm looking forward to the beginning of 2012 either :(

Because ya'll all know that I make decisions in glacially slow motion:

I decided to get in contact with my old manager to see if things were on the up and up job wise:

Hey *redacted*, hope all is well. I have a quick question and it's ok if you elect not to answer:

I had let myself fall out the system (yes again...lol) during the summer earlier this year and after I moved, I decided to apply to *redacted* here in *redacted*, initially as a cashier per usual. I had planned on trying for photo lab tech but didn't see it on the app.

Anyway, when I got the return phone call, the manager suggested I try out a Pharmacy Tech position. A teeny bit apprehensively I agreed, assuming that I'd be making more than I would have working up front. I, stupidly, never asked about it...to me it logically made sense.

Fast forward a few weeks, and now I'm wondering...how much would you say the average pharmacy tech makes per hour?

I noticed that while I'm taking the classes and such as a pharmacy tech, that some of my paperwork has "*redacted*" on it, which I heard from the meeting is a depreciated position that only did a subset of what pharmacy tech's do. Maybe that's it...

I'm just wondering whether I should consider asking for front store hours and switching back to a cashier/get Kodak certified for the lab tech position?

I always feel like I'm slowing down everyone else due to my newness. (working two days a week to start so I don't have a lot of hours under my belt...i'd estimate i've worked approximately 15 days...don't quote me on that) The fact that I'm behind in the classes due to my stupid car that broke, and some condescending remarks from one tech that's been there for 5 years apparently, hasn't helped my confidence. I guess I just felt a lot better and confident working up front because after doing it for years I "got" it?

She said initially that she'd be fine giving me a few hours up front if I decided that it wasn't right for me in pharmacy. How would I approach this with her?

Anyways, sorry for the novel, just wanted to hear what you'd have to say.

In slightly different news, I'm considering applying for this: http://york.craigslist.org/tch/2725120153.html

I'm just slightly worried that I won't know a definite schedule. Oh well. :)

This douche bag hipster is wearing the same Adidas I love so much, The Samba. My reaction in my head:

People think aliens are some sort of little green men that like to probe people occasionally. What if they're like this

Avp2Alien.jpg

and are born this way?

tumblr_lssj4nFC7G1qabqy3.jpg

I mean, Spectre is gonna be OK in case of an invasion, but what about the rest?

I've got Hindu chants, secret shit that causes me to levitate and extend my arms and legs a great distance away, plus teleport.

I'm British and have glasses, so by movie logic I'll be killed right after the black guy and the slightly-less-attractive-than-the-lead-female girl who will inevitably be in my group of survivors.

Edit - While we are on the topic:

Had a dream about a week about a week ago where I was dog-sitting Kat's puppy and it escaped and fell in the harbour and I jumped in after it and found a cave under the harbour wall that led to an underground city which had been abandoned in the early 1950s...

That is just all kinds of "lol wut"...

Last edited: