Random Thoughts....

Facebook should just GTFO.
This. It's just facebook. It is not like he (childish as his actions were) did cause any real harm. It's a stupid website. You are all blowing this thing way out of proportion.

You guys make me feel that there would be suicides in America if Facebook would vanish without warning due to some creative accounting.

Just because it's Facebook, doesn't mean it's any less disrespectful. The point isn't that he fucked with her Facebook, it's the fact that he felt the need to fuck with his own mother's Facebook just to get back at her, instead of just saying "hey mom, that wasn't cool." He's pissed at her for doing something because it isn't right, but to do it right back to her, simply out of spite? It's the principle of the thing, man.

lol, my current boss is awesome - she sends me a text offering to give me a lift in tomorrow morning so I can sleep in

she hot?

not a proper answer.

Just because it's Facebook, doesn't mean it's any less disrespectful. The point isn't that he fucked with her Facebook, it's the fact that he felt the need to fuck with his own mother's Facebook just to get back at her, instead of just saying "hey mom, that wasn't cool." He's pissed at her for doing something because it isn't right, but to do it right back to her, simply out of spite? It's the principle of the thing, man.

This a zillion percent. Adding on to that, posting a little post on her wall about say..her hairdo..might be funny IF you felt the need to return the favor...ideally you'd let it go or address it offline....

But to essentially falsely call your parents marital status into question for not only your family but your parents friends and potentially your mom's coworkers to see (and gossip about behind her back because people are bitches and they will...) is a new level of low. The concept of being in (at least the appearance of) a stable loving relationship is something that all married people like to project to their peers and it's usually very embarrassing to have someone question that out of concern for you...or for more nefarious gossip spreading purposes.

If things really were "complicated" it was his parents right/choice to change that bit, not his.

Its all about keeping up appearances so to speak...even if I hate that personally.

Not to mention that it'll be doubly embarrassing for her to explain that "no, things are fine between us....really...yes im sure...it was my 20 year old son who did it as some sort of joke..." Parents love to brag about how their kids are respectful and polite...guess what happens when you prove them wrong to the very people they've worked so hard to impress? They aren't happy and am extremely disappointed in you.

I think what pisses me off is the utter disregard for parental respect and boundaries. Dammit at 20 you should know better than that...wtf!?

/rant

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet you are all taking this a lot more seriously than his mother will. :rolleyes:

Maybe its because I knew my mother, stepmother, and father didn't/don't play, but if my kid did that to me I'd be ripping him/her the proverbial new one.

It wouldn't happen again. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Loving all this Facebook crap :lol: makes me glad that while my dad does have an account he doesn't use it for social stuff; and I wouldn't be friends with him in a million years. I am friends with my aunt and uncle, but that does seem a bit weird. I think I have them on restricted profiles.

My overriding opinion is agreeing with BlaRo - parents shouldn't be on facebook. I know this will sound maybe harsh to some of you but I'd say there shouldn't be people over 35 on there anyway. Or if you are you should be fully willing to take anything thrown at you.

Random thought: this term I have a 2 hour lab solely comprisin of Lego. Awesome.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet you are all taking this a lot more seriously than his mother will. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

And more to the point, those of you who are calling him out as a douche, he is at an age where he is still working out a lot of emotional stuff and probably wanted to feel secure in his relationship before making it public. As it is someone else has done it for him at a time when he wasn't ready. That someone is his parent, someone who should be more sensitive to his feelings and certainly know his personality such that she should have known what she did was going to cause him acute discomfort.

Being embarrassed at any level is unpleasant. When that embarrassment is caused by your own parents, people who are supposed to hold your best interests at heart, that discomfort is magnified hugely.

I've always been of the opinion that if you can't take it, don't dish it out. I'm guessing that she will be able to take what he did at the correct level and also hope that perhaps she will give his feelings a little more consideration before she does anything like that again but personally I find what he did to be both understandable and to a great degree justified.

Big load taken off my mind hopefully - just sorted out housing for next year. I'm moving in with a different group, and staying in Leamington as opposed to moving to Coventry. Let's hope it all works out fine; next year should be more fun at least...

I think what pisses me off is the utter disregard for parental respect and boundaries. Dammit at 20 you should know better than that...wtf!?

Being embarrassed at any level is unpleasant. When that embarrassment is caused by your own parents, people who are supposed to hold your best interests at heart, that discomfort is magnified hugely.
THIS. I never got why parents should be treated with some special "respect" just for being parents. His mother clearly did not respect his boundaries and his wishes and chose to "play a prank" or maybe even "do what's right for him", which clearly was disrespectful. That is made worse, not better, by the fact that she's his mother. Messing with your grown-up son's personal data is exactly what a parent should not do.

One could argue that getting back at her in exactly the same way is not the nicest way to react, but call him a bad person and acting like what he did would be worse cause OMG she's his mother does not make any sense at all.

If you want to be respected, treat other people with respect. Especially if these other people happen to be your own offspring. I don't think any people should deserve extra respect for one's role independent of their actions, not one's mother, not one's father, not a teacher nor a priest. They at least got to fulfill the role in some meaningful way. And "giving birth" is not enough to fulfill the role of "being a mother".

Last edited:
Finally going to see snow tomorrow, followed by cold. My industry really needs both this time of year.

She thought it was funny. I came home from work yesterday expecting at least a little anger or something. She just laughs at me for it...

And Dammit, yes I am 20 and should know better than that. When your own mother shares private information with other people about you and stuff you thought would be kept in the dark, it's kind of hard to have respect for things like her facebook. I would never dare start lies of her and dad actually getting a divorce. If people actually take facebook as a replacement for socializing in real life and believe everything facebook says, those people will be the gossipers. Honestly if that's the case, who gives a shit? She talks to like 4 people and the rest are just people she knows and wants to facebook stalk(her words, not mine).

Last edited:
It is.

I need a small favor from our German members (and maybe Europeans... or anyone with a little time and some internet skills).

Can you guys check the legitimacy of https://www.uhren-sheriff.de/ for me.
I want to buy a watch from them, but I don't want to send them money if they're know to not follow through with their orders or stuff like that. I can't find anything on them, but then again I don't have time to find a review site for international vendors right now.

Last edited: