Random Thoughts....

And on top of that, imagine the the value of the PR inherent in "we cured X disease". Only a truly idiotic company would pass that up, and even Cobol74 can agree that drug companies are not run by idiots.

Soo...I washed and waxed my car today. She's so preeeeetttyyyy...

toasted ham and cheese croissant

yum

I just ordered 2k's worth of plants in planters instead of plants in hanging baskets. Woops! Those stupid little details... My boss is going to be sooo pissed.

Happy Fathersday/Mensday everyone! Also Happy Zombie-Jesus assenction day!

Speaking of Zombies, I just had a friend request accepted on Facebook.

By James Stouffer.

AKA Lieutenant 47.

Who died quite some time ago.

What in the name of Michelle Obama's twatbadger is going on there?

By James Stouffer.

AKA Lieutenant 47.

Someone probably hacked his account - or one of his surviving family logged in for some reason.

So, I'm feeling the effects of working nights..before working this job I'd probably be sleeping now (or at least tired if coming in from studying late at uni). I'm wide awake and have been for the past several days, usually falling asleep around 5 AM. When I work, I'm usually home by 7:30 AM.

Not complaining, just an interesting observation about adaptation and one's body.

Someone probably hacked his account - or one of his surviving family logged in for some reason.

The neverending optimist in me would love to think its the latter.

By James Stouffer.

AKA Lieutenant 47.

You assumed death could stop him? :blink:

^this.

Oh my God they actually pulled it off.

Not much of an accomplishment, actually; the new Toonami takes the same schedule as the existing (and rather stagnant) weekly anime block from Adult Swim.
Make some new Tom bumps; replace a few of the shows that have been in the rotation for the past few years with some that are more nostalgic; secure a new show or two using the generated hype; and done.

I once had a zombie cat, dad buried it but it came to the top of the soil quite quickily, so he put it down a bit deeper and. ... yes it came up again! I think it was to do with the very wet autumn really. So he finally put it down 4 foot down and placed a stone on top - that fixed it. ...

I once had a zombie cat, dad buried it but it came to the top of the soil quite quickily, so he put it down a bit deeper and. ... yes it came up again! I think it was to do with the very wet autumn really. So he finally put it down 4 foot down and placed a stone on top - that fixed it. ...

Next time make sure it's dead before you put it in the ground......

And this is the problem, all the altruistic people who don't want to be sucked into capitalist ideals of large profits? They're in academia. No one enters academia to become millionaires. We just want to help.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. I know a few people who left academia to run their spin offs (or is it spin outs? I'm never sure of the terminology) fulltime. One of them then left his company and became a venture capitalist!

True. What I mean is no one enters for the purpose of staying. I want to be a professor, first and foremost, not for the money, but because I enjoy it.

err...what i meant to say is "fair point", not "true"...

Last edited:
I just did some checking - it will be a year next Wednesday since the Lieutenant died. Seems his former partner is maintaining his Facebook in his memory - Lord knows someone that awesome deserves to have their memory kept alive.

Still sad that he was only a member here for a short while before his time came. I for one will always remember how much his posts brought a wry smile to my face.

His page is here if anyone wants to write anything. I'm sure she would appreciate it in the lead up to the anniversary.

Last edited:
True. What I mean is no one enters for the purpose of staying. I want to be a professor, first and foremost, not for the money, but because I enjoy it.

err...what i meant to say is "fair point", not "true"...

Dealing with students? You're a glutton for punishment