Random Thoughts....

Because they lost?

The same can be said about the USA and the USSR (before they fell of course) and olympic hockey in 1980. Although, the guys that were on that losing team remember.

Start at 5mins:

Last edited:
Nah, I need it that warm to relax this wood veneer in the sun and to easily remove the last of the window tinting from the truck.

In a few minutes it'll be ten days since Denmark lost to Germany :p

Funnily they seem to have completely forgotten that fact :rolleyes:

So yesterday I had to go to uni earlier, and even though we finished the job at hand earlier than expected I'm saving on fuel so I decided to stay there.

After the inevitable boredom began because of the lack of anything to do I had the good fortune to find a bench in one of the green areas of uni and sat for about half an hour to contemplate a lovely summer's day and nature frolicking and generally assing about as nature does.

'twas a lovely hour.

Happy Wednesday Noon! (That's when they test the air raid tornado sirens)

I used to live in a town with a ton of petrochemical plants just outside of it, they have doomsday sirens all around town. And I remember that there was some minor explosion or something one night when we lived there :lol:

They do ours the first Saturday of the month at 10AM. We've got half a dozen Thunderbolt 1000T's here.

They do ours the first Saturday of the month at 10AM. We've got half a dozen Thunderbolt 1000T's here.

That's the most cold-war-ist thing I have seen and heard in a long time :p

I used to live in Oak Ridge and they tested those bloody sirens for 5 minutes every first Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda like it...it makes me think of the duck and cover exercises we did in elementary school.

Well that's what they were from, silly. I actually think they sound really neat, it's a very distinctive sound, and it carries and is audible even during tornado capable storms, so they're an excellent system.

Oh I like em to, but as someone from a country that shuts down completely when it drizzels I don't associate them with tornados, I associate them with nuclear strikes and alien invasions :p

Oh I like em to, but as someone from a country that shuts down completely when it drizzels I don't associate them with tornados, I associate them with nuclear strikes and alien invasions :p

We primarily use them as tornado sirens, but they also serve as emergency sirens. Many of the older buildings at the University up the street from me still have nuclear fallout shelters in the basements.

Here they still test the air raid sirens on the first wednesday of may at noon, from '51 to '67 it was every saturday at noon and the until November '93 they tested them every wednesday at noon.

The UK scrapped their siren network, so the first I know of a nuclear strike will be when my face melts... :|

Probably for the best, the garden sheds aren't built like they used to be.

We have earthquake sirens. Tested everyday at noon. Because those 5 seconds of warning will be oh so helpful in the event of a real earthquake.