Random Thoughts....

Oh I like em to, but as someone from a country that shuts down completely when it drizzels I don't associate them with tornados, I associate them with nuclear strikes and alien invasions :p

Weird, I associate them with lunch. They're always tested at noon on the first monday of the month.

Tornado sirens are tested every first Tuesday. You still can barely hear them inside your house. If you have the TV on, you can't hear them...

My beard is growing, i've got stubble on the sides and a 2 week goatee.

It used to be itchy but now it's getting smooth.

Mmm.

\

Japan has very strict laws concerning illegal drugs like cocaine, heroin, and marijuana, and being on a series of islands they can effectively keep them out. Meth can be made anywhere with the ingredients being fairly common.

Your country is not nearly as militant about it.

Just blame the foreigners, it's what all the cool people do. UK's full of foreigners.

PS. :rolleyes: :p

Theres a village about a mile away, (My commute halves :lol:) which has one of those petrol stations that sells bloody bananas and croissants.
Anyway, they're looking for new staff. It's 11pm to 7am, three nights on and 3 off... which somehow equates to 36 hours. :|

My current job, i get a maximum of around 22 hours, and I work random hours. Is it anyone's dream job to work in a petrol station? No, but that must be the easiest job in the world? Well, unless you're this guy...

38488-16148.jpg

My job at the minute, theres 40 of us throughout the week, always some fucking bullshit drama, and 'targets/insurance' to sell. The amount of nepotism is unbelievable, "How come X hasn't been sacked?" "Oh s/he's friends/banging/related to line managers/managers, son/daughter."
... I did not become a 'customer advisor' for a national retailer to make friends. And by the way, I haven't.

Also by working the graveyard shift, I can pretend to be Grissom.

I've applied anyway.

Last edited:
I used to have a 'tash but the Mrs complained it made he itch in a tender place. ? What, what?

Gotta get that thing soft before you put it in there... wait what.

Just blame the foreigners, it's what all the cool people do. UK's full of foreigners.

PS. :rolleyes: :p
No Ukania is full of dickheads from all parts of the world but most especially Ukania. ? The difference is the kind of 'dickheadedness' prevalent.
If you come from a 3rd world country where life is very hard, you may take some time getting in the swing of things. Now that is understandable, but the indigenous doing bad stuff - Grrrrr.

i've walked the longest time in a while.

Theres a village about a mile away, (My commute halves :lol:) which has one of those petrol stations that sells bloody bananas and croissants.
Anyway, they're looking for new staff. It's 11pm to 7am, three nights on and 3 off... which somehow equates to 36 hours. :|

My current job, i get a maximum of around 22 hours, and I work random hours. Is it anyone's dream job to work in a petrol station? No, but that must be the easiest job in the world? Well, unless you're this guy...

My job at the minute, theres 40 of us throughout the week, always some fucking bullshit drama, and 'targets/insurance' to sell. The amount of nepotism is unbelievable, "How come X hasn't been sacked?" "Oh s/he's friends/banging/related to line managers/managers, son/daughter."
... I did not become a 'customer advisor' for a national retailer to make friends. And by the way, I haven't.

Also by working the graveyard shift, I can pretend to be Grissom.

I've applied anyway.

It's like that everywhere though. The amount of bitching and politics where I work is worse than a bunch of teenage girls.

But yeah, I used to work at a servo with the occasional graveyard shift midnight to 8am. It's cruisy as all hell, all I had to do was wash the floors, make the shelves look good, then grab a bunch of magazines off the rack, a pie off the oven and go chill out for a few hours in the back office before the morning rush started at 6am.

Oh yeah it was always good when the milk truck came in at 4am or so. Funnily enough the guy always had a couple of 'defective' Iced Coffee cartons for us to write off on the loss sheet...;)

Last edited:
73 high, 63 low, sunny all week.

fuck-yeah.png

3500 miles from my place to anchorage by car. Who wants to go on a road trip with me?

What you have to keep in mind is its a dry heat.

Not really, but I was out in it most of the afternoon (high of 39c/102f) and was fine. The breeze really helped though. Just drank a lot of water, tried to get in the shade when I could and wore sun block.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it and would rather it be cooler. I have actually spent a lot of time researching places that stay cool during their summer and warm in the winter. Recently I've been looking at Norfolk Island (Australian territory, I believe) seems like its nearly perfect.

WOOOO!!! ROADTRIP!!!

Cue the music!!

:p

I read this column about entitled kids wanting publishing internships without any previous work experience stacking the shelves or waiting tables. In the article, the writer said that he took particular notice of the letters which said that 'little Johnny would 'gingerly roll up their sleeves and do what they were supposed to be do'. Now, for the most part I would agree with what he's saying except I think most of us are actually perfectly happy fetching coffee and fixing up FedEx orders. Honestly, I'd be glad just to be working at a magazine like Monocle. I wouldn't care what I'd be doing because at the end of the day, at least I'll have learnt a little something from the industry that I can take with me.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/e7a457f0-bb87-11e1-90e4-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1ybjQUdND

It's also interesting to note how many people I know at university - aged 20 or so - have never had a job. I'm not talking about Mr Middle East who is here to get a business degree to run Daddy's company back home, but there are plenty of home students who don't realise that they don't have a clue about how a job works. I'm not saying I know exactly what its like to do what I want to do, but I've had 4 or 5 jobs in my time an they've all taught me something different.

Also interesting to note how many companies at careers fairs openly admit they don't consider applicants who have no work experience.