Random Thoughts....

Looks great, Chels!

And I agree, I like A1, but only when the meat is a little dry, otherwise just salt a few other spices beforehand are enough.

Not quite, but if you have no idea of how the hierarchy works (such as what your supervisors role entails) or how anything works within a company/business/even a small shop then how are you going to fare when you're expected to be fully concentrated on the project in hand? Its not the hardest stuff to learn but I've found it only really comes from experience.
Retail I found is useful simply for people skills and organisation. But as I say; imagine you have no experience an have somehow landed a job in a firm where you're going to have deal with clients professionally and in an organised manner.

Interesting point, but I think there needs to be a clearer definition of where to start. If like Captain70s said, students are misled into believing their degrees will automatically place them into good jobs while employers want applicants with experience, it's going to be very difficult for them to find relevant work. Referring back to the article, I posted before, I think Brule is not being high and mighty but simply expecting that interns show some common sense and be able to work. I mean, you've got to learn how to walk before you can run. Nevertheless, I think that clearer opportunities are needed to allow those without prior work experience to secure employment that trains them and gives them a place to start off.

Realize that any more, 'entry level job' means 'entry level pay', not 'entry level experience'.

Very well said.

To me, that steak is still too red. So a bit more grilling... but still red in the very middle! Anyway, it is better than grilled dry. So in a good restaurant I'd probably sent that back, cause it doesn't really qualify as "medium" for me.

Last edited:
This time last year I was boarding a plane for Hawaii with my friends, for 10 days in the sun. Wish I was going back this year (minus the"friends"), I'm sick of being cold, and sick!

I have the Beverley Hillbillies song stuck in my head, but to the tune of Puff The Magic Dragon.

OH GOD WHY

And now this is in the correct thread. <_<

super-cal-a-frag-a-listic-ex-pe-al-edicious....

I'm going to London on July 13-14! General touristing followed by Queen + Adam Lambert at the Hammersmith Apollo.

super-cal-a-frag-a-listic-ex-pe-al-edicious....

If there is a hell you will burn there... right next to me as we annoy others! :D

I'm going to London on July 13-14! General touristing followed by Queen + Adam Lambert at the Hammersmith Apollo.

It's a shame you will see them with some American Idol twat and not with a proper rock singer

[video=youtube;GR-DV_BP8FY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR-DV_BP8FY[/video]

at least they will finally be warm atoms.

Snuggled in bed atm, looking at the cold world outside, wishing like mad I didn't have to go to work and could just go back to sleep.

Somehow this video/song gives me shivers, and it summarize what I love about Trance music compared to any other styles of electronic dance music:

[video=youtube;B23bYyg5L-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B23bYyg5L-c[/video]

Dammit! It's currently 113F/45C and my truck AC is on the fritz...driving with the windows down feels like a blow dryer to the face.

It's starting to rain here in PA, that should make things nice overnight.

Anyone (preferably Aussies) know anything about private health cover? Apparently now that I'm 25 I'm no longer covered under my parents plan.

it's expensive, and get it before you're 30 or the government bends you over and rapes, repeatedly. And they do it again if you earn more than (I think) $80k (as a single).

Most of the sites are fairly simple, you get hospital +/ extras. Want a lesser premium, agree for a larger excess if you go to hospital. Read nib and hcf (and probably more) have cover for young single people which is fairly inexpensive and covers the basics. Also, there are discounts out there to be had if you're in a union. Check the union site (if you're a member) to which health insurers they are linked with.

try this or this which are the government info sites. The second has a compare function.

Also a Choice article

or iSelect (found this one a PITA to navigate)

Last edited: