Random Thoughts....

I don't mind the smell of the smoke itself, but I hate how smokers smell, and the smell of a used ashtray makes me gag.

I hate that smell. I Febreeze the shit out of people who come into my house and want to sit on my furniture reeking of that.

On a separate note...

Goddamn it's hot here today!!! 102 degrees according to the outside thermometer.

What.
The.
Hell.

It's been 80F, clear and sunny here this whole week. Today, barely 70F at 12:30PM and overcast.

:mad:

What.
The.
Hell.

It's been 80F, clear and sunny here this whole week. Today, barely 70F at 12:30PM and overcast.

:mad:

That is pretty much my current weather, although it is nearly 9pm...

Happy rich Virginian slave owners not wanting to pay their taxes Day

Yeah, so it was rich Virginian slave owners that the British troops coldly and indiscriminately shot down on the square in Boston in 1770.

massacre.jpg

Oh, wait, no it wasn't. That must mean that it wasn't just rich Virginians who refused to pay unfair and confiscatory taxes levied without representation.

Happy "Brits GTFO, We Won't Be The Cash Cow For Your Foreign Wars Or Unjustly Enrich Your Nobility And Civil Servants" Day.

Last edited:
I'd love that. It's been 90-100 here all past week, with humidity approaching 100%, without a single drop of rain to make things a bit nicer. :mad:

I think we proabaly need a Hate/Love Smoking Thread

.. oh, and er, a "Weather Channel" Thread

and possibly a Hate/Love/Quit Social Networking (FB/TW, etc.) Thread too.

The stuff you notice when catching up on the OT Thread. :lol:

As a non smoker, I like the smell to......which is fucking weird.

Then again I also like the smell of fire.

I'm there with you.

I really do like the smell of cigars and pipes, too...but mostly burning leaves and campfires.

I despise, though, stale cig smoke. Like...getting into a smoker's car. *gag* Or in the shower, washing it out of my hair.

Pot smoke is worse, though. Gag-reflex inducing smell, fresh or stale. I would rather smell burning hair.

I don't mind cig smoke for the most part, when it is stale though... Ugh. My car is a no-smoking zone, problem being Mum smokes so my clothes/bed sheets always have that slight smell to them.
:sick:

In unrelated news it was pointed out to me earlier that, unlike many, my work requires me to wear scruffier clothes than I'd normally wear!
Work attire consists of a T-shirt and old jeans, some times with a casual shirt over the T' if it is chilly. My normal clothes are nicer dress shirts with my good boot-cut jeans and a waistcoat or sweater vest.
The last time I went out for a drink I really struggled not to overdress... Still ended up wearing my treble clef cufflinks! :lol:

Yeah, so it was rich Virginian slave owners that the British troops coldly and indiscriminately shot down on the square in Boston in 1770.

massacre.jpg

Oh, wait, no it wasn't. That must mean that it wasn't just rich Virginians who refused to pay unfair and confiscatory taxes levied without representation.

Happy "Brits GTFO, We Won't Be The Cash Cow For Your Foreign Wars Or Unjustly Enrich Your Nobility And Civil Servants" Day.

hook, line.

a693489a-dcb9-b687.jpg

Chuck Norris apparently approves of this detergent.

Last edited:
Happy blow shit up day to you Americans. Go on, have fun, get a few beers but be safe you lot

Thought I'd better check into finalgear just in case anyone was thinking I was dead or had fallen off the face of the Earth. I've been ridiculously busy for the past few weeks with uni, work and social related things. I was coming home each night from my training placement, getting my written work for the day done, then pretty much collapsing from exhaustion. Weekends I spent doing more work and spending time with my boyfriend. Hopefully now that I'm on uni holidays for two weeks I might at least be able to post occasionally, even though I'm still quite busy until after this coming weekend.

Hope I didn't miss too much...

not a damn thing :glare:

425a9a41-0b71-ca02.jpg

Watching Almost the Truth with Fluffy. Monty Python FTW.

I think we proabaly need a Hate/Love Smoking Thread

.. oh, and er, a "Weather Channel" Thread

and possibly a Hate/Love/Quit Social Networking (FB/TW, etc.) Thread too.

The stuff you notice when catching up on the OT Thread. :lol:

You'd kill our Random Thoughts thread stone dead :p.

"Quality of life" is now officially real estate agents' speak for "number of immigrants in the neighbourhood".