Random Thoughts....

And shouldn't you, sir, be in bed asleep? :tease:

Cowboy's random post-vacation thoughts.

-Tourism brings out the worst in people, if you are arrogant, dumb, loud and rude these traits multiply when you go abroad....and for once I am not talking about myself.

-The French only speak French, and get annoyed at anyone who doesn't.

-They still can't make a car. (more on that later in the automotive section)

-Certain Germans still believe they should have won the war and rule the world, and will advertise said fact...

Here's a tip buddy, if you walk up to the sweet and helpfull girl at the bar with your order, don't get annoyed if she does not get your 'perfect' English.....I live 30k from the German border and understand German quite well.....and I could not understand your English.
To make things worse, after you have finished your meal and feel the need to complain about the sauce not being like in das fatherland, and you feel you should direct this at the girl behind the bar again, (who has not even touched your food) do not utter something under your breath along the lines of 'If we would have won you would not be treating me like that' in German because she did not snap to attention immediately to your second barrage of barking. Rather then finish her sentence in the friendly banter she was having with the 2 Belgians at the bar having a drink and behaving like normal people, this will get you a 'you want krieg Frits? I have your krieg right here' from a certain Belgian, after which you quietly pay the bill and leave looking bewildered.....next time please just go to Turkey or Greece again, leave the nicer places to the Germans that get out now and then....

-No matter how much money a country invests in Cycle paths and keeping them clean and well maintained, cyclist will still ignore them, therefore it should be legal to murder them.

-You cannot tow a caravan with a Korean hatchback.

-Whisky is a foodgroup.

-So is bacon

-The royal mail really works

-Ours doesn't.

-Sheep in the middle of the road make everything better.

-I want to go back.

Last edited:
They are trying to bugger up the Royal Mail - which I agree does really work.

1. It is not fair really they gave people like DHL licences but they do not have to deliver to places that they do not like - Orkney Shetland, Western Isles, Scilly Isles for instance. ...

2. Politicians kep saying it was broken but no one wanted it until the put 10p on the price of a stamp - well why the hell did they not do that before to get in the new technology FCS? Someone inappropriate will take over - give themselves a huge bonus and make a complete muck up of it, mark my words.

Cowboy I assume you are referring to our (Ukanian) Royal Mail?

Germans who were brought up in the East (DDR) did not get the re-education that the West got, this is true of many East Europeans the older ones have weird idea of the decadent West, still.

Last edited:
I've been awake since 10 AM wednesday morning.

It's 7:30 AM Thursday morning.

I still can't sleep. stupid sleep schedule...at this rate I'll only get 5 hours if that.

-Certain Germans still believe they should have won the war and rule the world, and will advertise said fact...
Here's a tip buddy, if you walk up to the sweet and helpfull girl at the bar with your order, don't get annoyed if she does not get your 'perfect' English.....I live 30k from the German border and understand German quite well.....and I could not understand your English.
To make things worse, after you have finished your meal and feel the need to complain about the sauce not being like in das fatherland, and you feel you should direct this at the girl behind the bar again, (who has not even touched your food) do not utter something under your breath along the lines of 'If we would have won you would not be treating me like that' in German because she did not snap to attention immediately to your second barrage of barking. Rather then finish her sentence in the friendly banter she was having with the 2 Belgians at the bar having a drink and behaving like normal people, this will get you a 'you want krieg Frits? I have your krieg right here' from a certain Belgian, after which you quietly pay the bill and leave looking bewildered.....next time please just go to Turkey or Greece again, leave the nicer places to the Germans that get out now and then....[...]

:D thx for sharing.

Cowboy, it's OK. I am just about to go to Ze Vaterlandt and will be exacting revenge mit meinem exzeptionalishsen appawlink Tchermann, ja?

:rofl:

Blind Io will hunt you down and kill you for that one!

No matter how much money a country invests in Cycle paths and keeping them clean and well maintained, cyclist will still ignore them, therefore it should be legal to murder them.
Cycle paths are a too to kill cyclists, as it's far more dangerous to use them than to use the road. As someone who prefers not to get involved in accidents, I'm happy about every cyclist who ignores cycle paths.

Got the bill for the emergency room visit I had a few weeks back. Mind you, I don't have insurance being self employed.

I payed $810 cash the day of the services rendered. The remaining balance is $2,204.42, that's with a $540 discount. There's also a bill from the radiologist for $425 to read the CT scan, (which was $2,811 itself).

So about $3,400 for a kidney stone.

Not a fan?

He's FG's most celebrated arachnophobe. Big tough guy, builds decking, rides bikes, has guns, goes off roading........

..... and pees his pants when sees Boris scurry out from under the couch, the big Jessie!!!!

That took me a while ... speaking it out loud helps though. :D

You?ve certainly got the melody down in theory ...

I bloody should do. Nearly married a German girl 15 years ago and studied the language at school for 7 years!

BTW, I live in Wollongong.... he's welcome to try-
View attachment 7454
:rofl:

:lmao:

I've been awake since 10 AM wednesday morning.

It's 7:30 AM Thursday morning.

I still can't sleep. stupid sleep schedule...at this rate I'll only get 5 hours if that.

I did that yesterday. I don't know about you but I start feeling like I am a bit drunk when I am up for 24+ hours.

Got the bill for the emergency room visit I had a few weeks back. Mind you, I don't have insurance being self employed.

I payed $810 cash the day of the services rendered. The remaining balance is $2,204.42, that's with a $540 discount. There's also a bill from the radiologist for $425 to read the CT scan, (which was $2,811 itself).

So about $3,400 for a kidney stone.

I had to go in last year for an allergic reaction and I got bills just shy of $5,000 and they could not even tell me what caused it.

I had to go in last year for an allergic reaction and I got bills just shy of $5,000 and they could not even tell me what caused it.

Did you try negotiating with them? I'm going to call Monday and see if I can get it reduced and make payments.