Random Thoughts....

Come on down, you'll have a great time.

Hahaha, I can handle that. I'm used to these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectus_mactans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider THs one is an introduced species from elsewhere in the US, DO NOT google brown recluse bite unless you want to puke as the bite can cause tissue necrosis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottonmouth_mocassin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_snake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_adamanteus

My legs ache, my feet hurt, I have sunburn on my arms and I had to suffer through the delays of the British rail system. Despite all that and everything. BEST DAY EVER!

-Certain Germans still believe they should have won the war and rule the world, and will advertise said fact...

I had a German intern here for 6 months. 19 year old kid from Dresden, insisted on referring to Poland as Eastern Germany.

Jensen

Also Jensen.

:think:

Also Jensen.
uSIKM.jpg

I think we can establish that Jensen=goatee. :p

So I've programmed in a ton of languages: C++, Java, C#, IDL, CSH, fortran, and a bunch of others including web-related languages.

I can't install IDL on my machine, unfortunately, and so I installed python because everyone seems to be gravitating towards that.

I want to know: How many people know python, how hard is it to learn, and is it similar to any of the other languages above?

Thanks

A new study says that 20% of all German students would "drink excessively". While that number is lower than any guesstimate I would have come up with, what makes me angry/worries me is the definition of "excessive drinking" used.

A person who drinks excessively is a person who binge drinks more than once a month.

Okay, one might say, two drinking binges a month could be seen as excessive given the rather indulgence-hostile tide of the times, critzizing tobacco, fat foods and alcohol all the time. But the definition of "binge drinking" is rather laughable: It is defined as having the equivalent of five or more .25 liter beers on one occasion. Okay, let's put this into everyday beverage sizes: It's two-and-a half large metric beers or two and a quarter pints. Given that definition of "binge drinking" most of my weekends are drinking binges and most working men who enjoy a beer or two after work a close to daily binges. That's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to know: How many people know python, how hard is it to learn, and is it similar to any of the other languages above?
Basic python is quite simple as it is an object-oriented language which syntax is designed to be close to spoken english. Also, loops and the like are marked by indentions, so it forces you to write clean code.

A new study says that 20% of all German students would "drink excessively". While that number is lower than any guesstimate I would have come up with, what makes me angry/worries me is the definition of "excessive drinking" used.

A person who drinks excessively is a person who binge drinks more than once a month.

Okay, one might say, two drinking binges a month could be seen as excessive given the rather indulgence-hostile tide of the times, critzizing tobacco, fat foods and alcohol all the time. But the definition of "binge drinking" is rather laughable: It is defined as having the equivalent of five or more .25 liter beers on one occasion. Okay, let's put this into everyday beverage sizes: It's two-and-a half large metric beers or two and a quarter pints. Given that definition of "binge drinking" most of my weekends are drinking binges and most working men who enjoy a beer or two after work a close to daily binges. That's stupid.
I have a 2-3 ciders in the evening every other day, it's just enough to get me to that state of "far from drunk, but rather more cheerful and inspired to do something interesting". Seemingly though I'm a binge drinking maniac, I'll probably be hooked on heroin by the end of the year...

Also, I'm disappointed in your nations students. Only 20%? They are obviously lying aren't even trying. :p

5 to 7 pints for me per night out, say 2 to 3 times a week, plus some wine from time to time and very rarely one spirit of some sort.

Hahaha, I can handle that. I'm used to these...

Well at least you're prepared.

Our relative of the Black Widow is the Redback. It is extremely common and found all over Australia, usually somewhere dark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider THs one is an introduced species from elsewhere in the US, DO NOT google brown recluse bite unless you want to puke as the bite can cause tissue necrosis.

Our necrotic spider is the White-Tailed spider. It is small and very common, usually found in the house. Doctors debate where it is the venom that is necrotic or whether it is an allergic reaction to the venom.

That's cute, but we have snakes that are so toxic that the amount of venom in one bite could kill 100 men or 250,000 mice. Unlike the Rattlesnake, ours don't warn you that they are there. :lol:

Where in Australia would you be coming to?

Last edited:

python + numpy = your friend

Basic python is quite simple as it is an object-oriented language which syntax is designed to be close to spoken english. Also, loops and the like are marked by indentions, so it forces you to write clean code.

Nice! Awesome!

python + numpy = your friend

Sweet. Will scope it out.

- - - Updated - - -

5 to 7 pints for me per night out, say 2 to 3 times a week, plus some wine from time to time and very rarely one spirit of some sort.

Is it still binge drinking if you do it every night?

By those criteria you would all be certified alcoholics, and I would be dead :p

This is the sort of results you get when the health and safety ivory tower coffeelattearrogntiato brigade tries to understand the lives of real people....

The life in a plastic bubble and forced 'we select what is best for you' nutrition pills are not far away my friends.

Last edited:
ugh. i forgot that my work was throwing a "june/july" birthday brunch today at 10.

I thought it was this saturday but nope. Now I have to decide if I want to go back to the store or not: I just got home from working overnight and just got into bed. I really wanted to go though + I rsvp'd...:/

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowboooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyy's back

:dance: