Random Thoughts....

But still, for a bird 6 minutes is better than the average half hour+. :lol:

+1 that's so true. Shit someone cover me,because i need to spread more soapy showers around!

P.s my record was set in realy bad,shady Hotel/Motel.

Last edited:
I can spend over half an hour in the shower...

Although usually about 23 of those are me standing in the water and thinking. It's fine, we have two bathrooms anyway. :p

Shirahime said:
I dunno how you can stay int shower for that long.
It's warm and peaceful, in my household it's the only places those two coincide comfortably. :p

imnotdrunkingfunk.jpg

Did you know Koppaberg pear cider is made according to an old Swedish original recipe?

Well, it is.

Bitches.

Your career is going to change several times throughout your life, so if you go down the law route now, you could very well not be doing it in 10-15 years time.

You need to think what is the sort of job that you are going to enjoy doing, even if the people around you are bastards, and the pay isn't great to start? What is going to give you skills that are going to be transportable to similar roles when you are looking for a change? What sort of work like balance do you want for the first few years? And what is going to give you personal satisfaction? Also, what is the easier/harder one to do first? Nothing says you can only do one. You might start with the design course, get a job, get a couple years under your belt, and then go back and study law. In fact, there's probably a job out there tailor made for someone with both skills.

I've thought about starting with the design course and then going back to study law, but I don't want to waste 3 or 4 years doing a design degree and spending 2 years in a job that might not be for me before I go back to do law and spend another 6 or 7 years in university again. I see being a designer as much more relaxed and open but probably incredibly hard to find stable footing especially when compared to a profession like law.

The question is not "what do I want to study today" but rather, "where do I want to be in 5, 10, 20, or 40 years?" What do you value? How do these values mesh or conflict with either choice? Set up appointments with people in both professions and talk to them about what they do every day.

Then decide that you can probably make a shit ton more money as a lawyer pushing papers and go for that.

I should go and talk to people in the industry, should I just fire out some emails and see who might be free to answer some questions?

I've thought about starting with the design course and then going back to study law, but I don't want to waste 3 or 4 years doing a design degree and spending 2 years in a job that might not be for me before I go back to do law and spend another 6 or 7 years in university again. I see being a designer as much more relaxed and open but probably incredibly hard to find stable footing especially when compared to a profession like law.

I don't know if I'd count law as stable, it is (at least in the US, I'm assuming it's similar elsewhere) extremely competitive, especially as bottom-of-the-barrel entry-level associates, where you work thankless hours for peanuts. Only way you actually make any real money is if you make partner in the firm, which ends up being extremely slim chances. Sure, you'll still have a job, but it may very well not be one you enjoy.

My coworkers the other day were surprised people didn't tell me I look like Nicholas cage all the time. I think they need glasses.

What annoys me right now? The use of the word "entr?e" in English to mean main course.

Silly I know, but it just gets on my nerves.

What annoys me right now? The use of the word "entr?e" in English to mean main course.

Silly I know, but it just gets on my nerves.

I didn't know it was pronounced On- trey until around 15 years old. I thought it was "entry".

I didn't know it was pronounced On- trey until around 15 years old. I thought it was "entry".

In french it's actually pronounced "An-tray".

And damn it, it was supposed to be poster in "The "Things that annoy me" thread" :shakefist:

I have come to realize that my cat is...a vegetarian. Seriously. He'll eat cat food, wet or dry, and cat treats. But drop some meat on the floor in front of him, and he looks at you like you're stupid. However, drop a french fry, a cookie or (as earlier) a carrot stick...and he'll eat that! How in the Hell does a CAT become vegetarian?

I have a broken cat.

Last edited:
Cats can be picky. Ours would only eat wet food. Or at least, would be very open about expressing his dislike for dry.

I made BBQ ribs, baked beans and steak fries for dinner. He wouldn't eat any of the leftover ribs, but he would eat some of the beans and a french fry...and then took a carrot I dropped on the floor over to his bed and crunched away on it for 10 minutes.

I dunno...maybe he's just screwing with my mind.

My cat only eats cat food... the dry stuff. Won't touch wet cat food or any kind of human food.

Damn weirdo cat.

a friend's cat was like that. except she loved eating bugs. she'd run out in the yard and find the biggest crickets and beetles, then ate them at your feet.

I should go and talk to people in the industry, should I just fire out some emails and see who might be free to answer some questions?

I would start by asking your family and friends' families if they know anyone in the industry and network from there if you can. I would also try to talk to someone fresh out of school in an entry-level position and someone who has a decade or more of work behind them. If networking doesn't pan out, try sending out some emails and following up a day or two later with a phone call. You can also talk to the department heads of any design or law schools nearby and ask if they can connect you with some alumni or other industry contacts.