Random Thoughts....

Watching a Discovery Channel "documentary" right now.

There are actually people that believe that jetliner contrails are actually the government trying to control the weather to reduce rainfall.

EDIT: Oh good. All these people call themselves environmentalists. I think I'm going to turn the TV off now before History/Discovery cause me to lose more IQ points.

The chemtrail crap is quite well spread, but I noticed that, compared to other similar stuff, it usually attracts some of the weirdest weirdos of them all, generally paranoid.

But I'm now worried about History/Discovery Channel. I haven't any pay-tv connection at home, so I can't access it, but some of my friends can and do. I've recently noticed some of them are developing some beliefs about similar crap, so I'm wondering if the network might have some responsibility in this.

... aand now I'm not sure if I'm still engaged.

Probably one of the roughest months in my life.

Drop out of school, move back home... decide to kick my drug and shitty life habit, work my ass off the last 2 weeks to try to turn my life around...

And now this.

Sigh

By far the worst I have ever felt.

Hang on, mate, 2012 is being a rough year for many people (hey, were the mayan right, maybe? :p ), but you will manage.

Hang in there, Jake. There are suitable threads is NSFW if you want to be more specific and/or open up without people you know stumbling across it.

Re: Random Thoughts....

... aand now I'm not sure if I'm still engaged.

Probably one of the roughest months in my life.

Drop out of school, move back home... decide to kick my drug and shitty life habit, work my ass off the last 2 weeks to try to turn my life around...

And now this.

Sigh

:comfort: as cliche as it sounds, try to take things day by day. It'll help you avoid thinking that you have a huge mountain to climb when you manage to pull things together bit by bit.

OH GREAT. YET ANOTHER REASON FOR MY BIRTHDAY TO BE DEPRESSING. :MAD:

Well as birthdays go this one hasn't been the best so far. At work on a grey Monday.

Dearest e-mailed and said "Oh you sound in a wonderful place !"

Wonderful place??? I'm on an industrial estate within spitting distance of both Littlehampton and Bognor Regis. That's stuck between a rock and a hard place, with the added bonus that both rock and said hard place have been liberally smeared with dog mess, doused with petrol and set alight!!!!

^ Can you at least take a glance at the sea, from where you are? That could be enough to make your birthday a little less grey.

Sigh

Jake, I'm not much for writing this sort of thing but I just wanted to say that I believe I speak for most, if not all, of FinalGear when I tell you we'll be here for support, motivation and perhaps the ocassional e-cookie and hug when you need one. Hang in there, kicking the drugs and shitty life away takes a lot of effort but you'll get there.

Well as birthdays go this one hasn't been the best so far. At work on a grey Monday.

Dearest e-mailed and said "Oh you sound in a wonderful place !"

Wonderful place??? I'm on an industrial estate within spitting distance of both Littlehampton and Bognor Regis. That's stuck between a rock and a hard place, with the added bonus that both rock and said hard place have been liberally smeared with dog mess, doused with petrol and set alight!!!!

Or look at it this way, you, In the past year you went on a holiday where you had one of the best times of your life, enjoyed every minute of it, met some strange people from the internet, watched a small green renault van supercharged with an air pump (Double Action!) lap the most gruelling circuit on earth, Met some interesting people, got banned form that most sacred place that is Jeremy Clarkson's Dinner Table, shot Justin bieber in the face with a Texan and when all was said and done you always returned home to 2 loving daughters and a slightly femmy car.

I don't know about you but this rotation around Earth's yellow sun has treated you pretty well methinks. Go enjoy your Birthday you.

^ Can you at least take a glance at the sea, from where you are? That could be enough to make your birthday a little less grey.

Not quite. And today is one of those days where everything is a uniform shade of pale grey, when there isn't in fact any weather. Believe me drizzle would add excitement right now. If today's weather were a car it would be a Nissan Sunny.

Is there any sort of recognition of the Battle of Trafalgar in the UK on the 21 October?

It it "Trafalgar Day" or anything?

Nope. Doubtless it would be highjacked by right-wing nutcases and Brussels would get all uptight because we would be deemed to be frog-bashing.

EDIT: And gaasc, indeed the last year has been pretty awesome. I even survived 5 days driving through France and a week in Greece without being mugged or set on fire. And at least I have "Skyfall" to look forward to on Friday and I'm going skiing for the first time in my life in February!

I'm not against my actual birthday per se, more that this year it happens to have fallen on one that is spectacularly dreary and a Monday.

Last edited:

Me too, but that ain't gonna happen...

After finding out that a sierra mist had like 300 calories i was like...fuck this. Drinking that fucked up my calories for the day so i'll have to exercise to get some back for dinner

Oh look.....I walked into that woman's magazine again. :p

Oh look.....I walked into that woman's magazine again. :p

This week in Self, we take a look at...:p