Random Thoughts....

I'd be less worried about the calories and more about the loss of teeth and imminent Type II diabetes myself.

^ Can you at least take a glance at the sea, from where you are? That could be enough to make your birthday a little less grey.

Yes and look really hard and you can see the Nuclear Powerstations on the French coast and if one of them does a Fukishima we could get the fall out - great.

Which King was it that said, as his last words, "Bugger Bognor"? And people say the monachy is not worth the money!

Yes and look really hard and you can see the Nuclear Powerstations on the French coast and if one of them does a Fukishima we could get the fall out - great.

Which King was it that said, as his last words, "Bugger Bognor"? And people say the monachy is not worth the money!

Allegedly, it was King Geroge V, but those weren't really his last words, at least according to: http://www.phrases.org.uk/quotes/last-words/king-george-v.html
But he did say that on Bognor, and they still added the "Regis" after him, and they still dedicated him a recreation ground (according to Google maps).

British people do have a serious sense of humour.

Dungeness, Oldbury and Hinckley Point B are just as close. You're anti-nuke, we get it already. It's less surprising than Spectre bitching about Lolvos or Captain 70s bitching about.... well bitching.

I start working again tomorrow. I'm nervous, it's outside my typical job comfort zone, but it's something, even if its minimum wage.

I'm going to call target to inquire about that 2nd interview but I always feel dirty doing that...if they say they'll pay more i'd feel bad leaving a job i didn't start and having the school go through the trouble of hiring me. I'd feel like i'd be burning a bridge.

I know I shouldn't feel bad, it's a dog eat dog world out there, and that people do this all the time but its still uncomfortable feeling to me.

EDIT: I'll get a call back with a time to meet at Target sometime tomorrow. That makes the decision even tougher. If its more money, I pretty much have to say yes to Target...I can't pass up making more than min wage.

Last edited:
Not quite. And today is one of those days where everything is a uniform shade of pale grey, when there isn't in fact any weather. Believe me drizzle would add excitement right now. If today's weather were a car it would be a Nissan Sunny.

Very much this, it was a nothing-kind-of-weather-day.
Which only improved by getting dark one hour earlier, because of weekend time-shift due to Scotland.

I'm going skiing for the first time in my life in February!

Oh boy! You will have fun with the apres in the evening, but the daytimes as a beginer are teh suck & tiring.

Do you know which country & resort you are going to yet?

I'm not against my actual birthday per se, more that this year it happens to have fallen on one that is spectacularly dreary and a Monday.

Bummer. :sad:

Because fuck the police.
HXm1r.jpg

What am I missing here, pls? :?

HOLY FUCK. I've just realised how I fucked up one of my university applications so badly, I don't deserve to live on this planet anymore. The email, which I received on the 16th, asked for a portfolio. The thing is: it also asks for a letter of verification from college signed by a tutor to go with that portfolio. College is now firmly shut for a two week break. I only noticed this now after rereading the email. The thing needs to be in their offices by the 31st.

I don't want to contact the university, because they're not going to be impressed. I have sent an email to my tutor's work email, and I'll be contacting the school's emergency number tomorrow. They're not going to be impressed either. I'm going to go down in the history of this school as the idiot who managed to fuck up THIS badly.

Last edited:
Dude, breathe. You aren't the first, you won't be the last. It's probably happened many many times.

Even adults doing the job hunt make omissions. We have set requirements for applying for jobs:
1) Covering Letter
2) Statement addressing the criteria
3) CV
4) Referee reports (from previous / current employers)

You'd be surprised at how many times we just get a CV or a letter of introduction.

Yeeaha, could be so. And ....?

But still not getting a Police connection. :dunno:

File under //"never mind".

"Fuck the police" has become synonymous with "stick it up to the man". Pouring pepsi into a coke glass would somehow do that, cause apparently most people can't tell the difference from taste alone and need the visual evidence.

i've decided to see if i can work both target and the dining hall...crisis averted...for now.

"Fuck the police" has become synonymous with "stick it up to the man". Pouring pepsi into a coke glass would somehow do that, cause apparently most people can't tell the difference from taste alone and need the visual evidence.

Ah, thank's Ice.

A little obscure and retarded, but nonetheless interesting.

"Fuck the police" here in London usually means setting fire to a Police car and rioting for three days. (see summer 2011)

:lol:

It gives you something to do.