Random Thoughts....

For all you pale/pasty/ginger/Goth/vampire types:

Banana Boat maker recalls spray-on sunscreen because of fire risk
Associated Press

October 19, 2012, 2:36 p.m.

The maker of Banana Boat sunscreen is recalling some of its spray-on products after reports that a handful of people have caught on fire after applying the lotion and coming in contact with an open flame.

Energizer Holdings said Friday that it is pulling 23 varieties of Banana Boat UltraMist sunscreen off store shelves because of the risk of the lotion igniting when exposed to fire.

The recall includes aerosol products like UltraMist Sport, UltraMist Ultra Defense and UltraMist Kids.

A company spokesman said there have been five reports of people suffering burns after using the sunscreen in the last year. Four burn cases were reported in the U.S. and one in Canada.

More than 20 million units have been sold since Banana Boat UltraMist launched in 2010, the spokesman said.

So. Don't put on sunscreen, burn because of the sun; put on sunscreen, burn because of the sunscreen.

Last edited:
Or be like me and apply non-flammable sunscreen, and get horribly burnt by the sun anyway.

You're a redhead from the UK, what do you expect?

Dungeness, Oldbury and Hinckley Point B are just as close. You're anti-nuke, we get it already. It's less surprising than Spectre bitching about Lolvos or Captain 70s bitching about.... well bitching.
Speaking of which - you are in a grumpy mood, aren't you? Bitching about people not agreeing with your views on energy policy and joking about it.... how dare they?

EDIT: I'll get a call back with a time to meet at Target sometime tomorrow. That makes the decision even tougher. If its more money, I pretty much have to say yes to Target...I can't pass up making more than min wage.
You are working close-to-minimum-wage service industry jobs. If your employers would respect you in any way they'd pay you a decent wage. As a matter of fact, in corporate hierarchy, you are one step below the chairs and tables, so stop worrying about how you behave towards them as long as it does not negatively impact your future options.

You're a redhead from the UK, what do you expect?
She's American, but you still got a point.

Speaking of which - you are in a grumpy mood, aren't you? Bitching about people not agreeing with your views on energy policy and joking about it.... how dare they?

I was simply pointing out that this isn't the place to re-ignite the nuclear debate. And of course I was grumpy - yesterday was my birthday. :p

You are working close-to-minimum-wage service industry jobs. If your employers would respect you in any way they'd pay you a decent wage. As a matter of fact, in corporate hierarchy, you are one step below the chairs and tables, so stop worrying about how you behave towards them as long as it does not negatively impact your future options.

:nod: That's our Rick. Overthinking things since forever.

She's American, but you still got a point.

:ninja:

More to the point if you are applying sunscreen by candlelight or next to a roaring log fire then chances are the prevailing weather means you don't actually need it.

Because there's never any good reason for a fire on the beach in summer, of course.

San-Diego-Beach-Firepits-Beach-Barbeque.jpg

27.%20Beach%20Barbeque.JPG

beachbbq.jpg

Oh, wait...

Last edited:

Beaches not in England often are lacking the eternal cloud cover of Her Majesty's beaches. Therefore, people go there for fun in the sun - which includes outdoor barbeques and bonfires. Yes, at the height of summer. So, yes, there's a pretty good chance of there being a fire source in range. :p Many American beaches here even have designated permanent public fire pits.

ar125262573025037.jpg

Keep in mind that lighting a fag, er, cigarette with a match was also reportedly enough to ignite one person.

Last edited:
Yes and we do them too, one or two days a year. I was just being deliberately silly but either you missed it or are choosing to ignore that fact.

Yes and we do them too, one or two days a year. I was just being deliberately silly but either you missed it or are choosing to ignore that fact.

Choosing to ignore it. :evil: Entirely aside from the bonfire thing, apparently just lighting a cigarette *after* applying the stuff was reportedly enough to set them ablaze.

Choosing to ignore it. :evil: Entirely aside from the bonfire thing, apparently just lighting a cigarette *after* applying the stuff was reportedly enough to set them ablaze.

So Freedom of Choice now extends to carcinomas? Brilliant!!!

"I don't mind lung cancer but keep me away from that melanoma shit!!!"

So Freedom of Choice now extends to carcinomas? Brilliant!!!

"I don't mind lung cancer but keep me away from that melanoma shit!!!"

More like negative reinforcement - light a cig, go on fire, generally makes you want to quit. :p

On the other hand, it was in CA, so that 'cig' could have been a joint instead. :p

Well that explains the need for the BBQ. :D

Dude, breathe. You aren't the first, you won't be the last. It's probably happened many many times.

Even adults doing the job hunt make omissions. We have set requirements for applying for jobs:
1) Covering Letter
2) Statement addressing the criteria
3) CV
4) Referee reports (from previous / current employers)

You'd be surprised at how many times we just get a CV or a letter of introduction.
Same here except you say references are available upon request and so you do not send in the references with the application.

No, you're confusing CA with Detroit - where the weak are killed, grilled and eaten. :p

Nah. I was just thinking of the munchies!

More to the point if you are applying sunscreen by candlelight or next to a roaring log fire then chances are the prevailing weather means you don't actually need it.

You know, you can get sunburnt in the winter as well, especially if there's lots of snow about... :rolleyes:

Same here except you say references are available upon request and so you do not send in the references with the application.

Interesting to bring this up; I've heard that one should never ever put 'References available upon request' on your CV, but always give the contact details/position of your referees. Because the company won't want to contact you again to get more details they should already have in order to contact your referees. Ash states that 'referee reports' are included, so I would suspect those would be the actual reference given by the referee, rather than referee themselves. :dunno: