Random Thoughts....

Makes me want to start looking for one of those, again:

http://carro.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-443423517-alfa-gtv-1970-_JM

alfa-gtv-1970_MLB-F-2880904174_072012.jpg

alfa-gtv-1970_MLB-F-207889831_8165.jpg

justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg

Bentley online application system: 'Further Information' section; it is blank apart from...

"If this section is blank, please mark the section as completed and move on to the next section."

K... :lol:

Almost as good as 'do not write in this box'.

- - - Updated - - -

I currently have the little black Cisco cable modem and a high-spec Cisco router, I've always thought that I have to have their own modem/router and run it in pass through mode. :think:

Netgear outsources to Linksys division of Cisco Systems - so the technologies are generally compatible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netgear

Alright, who told Big Bang Theory about Doctor Who? I want to shoot myself after hearing Tardis barraged out of their mouths like a fucking Gatling gun. Why do my parents still watch this show?

I never watched an entire episode of TBBT... and I still don't get why it's sooooo beloved. I think it's right in line with these hipsters who wear glasses (not needing them) and tell themselves they're "neeeeerds"

Also I own a Flash t-shirt and everyone asks me about that show cos it seems some character called Sharon wears it.

Bingo, that article is thermal-exhaust-port-right-below-the-main-port on target.

*Cue studio audience laughter*

Seriously though, I don't think I can wear any of my Doctor Who shirts for a while now. Hopefully they didn't associate Doctor Who with overcoats because if they did I'll be mad, I've been dying to break it out for the season.

Seriously though, I don't think I can wear any of my Doctor Who shirts for a while now. Hopefully they didn't associate Doctor Who with overcoats because if they did I'll be mad, I've been dying to break it out for the season.
While I agree with everything that was said against TBBT, if you think you have to chose what you wear depending on what was represented how on mainstream TV you should really check your priorities. And your self-esteem. And what kind of people you surround yourself with.

While I agree with that statement, it can get pretty tiring if something you regularly wear (or like, or do, etc) gets featured in a series and suddenly people you don't know who watch said series think you wear that garment because of that series, and thus take you for a fan. Especially if it's a series you don't care for or despise.

Unless I'm wearing a shirt that blatantly references said thing, then I probably don't give a rat's ass about it. And the only shirts I wear like that are my Styx shirts...I do not own any other piece of clothing that could be mistaken as being from some tv show or something.

Er...well, I think. All my clothes are fairly plain and boring...a lot of black, and dark green, and blue...and purple...

Nice point of view on TBBT. But I can't help thinking it's a bit bitter. Not every season is great, and there is much that could be made better, and yes, sometimes the humour is acid and aggressive and mocking rather than sharing and laughing. But that is when the show is not funny. What I like of the show, on the contrary, is precisely that they make fun of the (many) little oddities of a world to which I feel I belong. Because, let's be honest, some of them are really stupid, and we should be able to see them and laugh about them: I am likely to have a predilection for certain spots in places I go to frequently, I am likely to treat anything I collect the way the guys treat their action figures, I do play the same board games as they do, I attend gaming conventions, I like them very much, I am making nerdy physics or mathematics or philosphy jokes with my friends; hey, we are more similar to the guys fro TBBT (ok, less extreme, that's right) than what we would like to admit. And yes, all this things are funny. Extremely funny. That's part of why I like my friends, beacuse they are funny and crazy and surprising and unpredictable, and -not boring-. And I am mostly like them. I have friends obsessive-compulsive with filing and alphabetical classifications, and order, but even if I am fond with the way their things are organized and how their houses look like, I see it's ludicrously funny to see them classifying even the most useless things. I can't help laughing my a** off. But I deeply respect them anyway. Because... Well, it's like James May. We all laugh at his meticulously ordinated workbench, and yet I love his precision and technicality. Because in that he's way better than I am or I could possbly be. And so are my friends.

Sometimes TBBT overdoes it, and it's not funny anymore, because it gets vicious, but for the most part, it just extremizes what these people do (and I with them).

And it's not like TBBT is not making fun of "normal" people either. Penny is monumentally daft, at times, she does incredibly stupid things, she has a shitty life too, she is a hopeless wanna-be actress; and the shows introduces us numerous "normal" people who are even dafter. Is she a character mad so that the audience can identify with her and mock the others? That would make the audience look pretty silly and stupid too.

Apparently there's a 20% chance of snow here this weekend. I'd be excited but the Discovery is now locked in a workshop awaiting the engine transplant.

Re: Random Thoughts....

And suddenly: SNOW. WTF, it's october.

Apparently there's a 20% chance of snow here this weekend. I'd be excited but the Discovery is now locked in a workshop awaiting the engine transplant.

And to counter that...if its anything like yesterday here, I'll be able to wear shorts again as it was 70 degrees for at least the past week.

80% of everything I wear is black, the rest is either dark grey, dark blue, or jeans......nobody ever bothers me about anything, except for my Guinness shirts, this warns people I'm there to get drunk and the result is the same.

Last edited: