Random Thoughts....

Cambridge interview update:

I screwed up spectacularly on my second interview. At one point I couldn't form a proper sentence. I was trying to read the interviewers too much, and I became more and more nervous as time went on. I sounded rehearsed. I ended up saying none of what I wanted to say despite being given the explicit chance to at the end, as I was too much in a state of "what have I done" to respond to the chance.

There's still the pooling system, but it's the worst feeling to realise how much damage you've done to yourself in 20 minutes.

I also badly derped the last not-particularly-hard derivative question on my first interview.

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid that one of the interviewers might have seen the Yao Ming/Moses face I drew at the back of one of my sketchbooks.

Last edited:
Cambridge Interview update:

I screwed up spectacularly on my second interview. At one point I couldn't form a proper sentence. I was trying to read the interviewers too much, and I became more and more nervous as time went on. I sounded rehearsed. I ended up saying none of what I wanted to say despite being given the explicit chance to at the end, as I was too much in a state of "what have I done" to repsond to the chance.

There's still the pooling system, but it's the worst feeling to realise how much you've done to yourself in 20 minutes.

Don't panic yet, you know the deal with these things, people always think they did much worse than they really did.

I screwed up spectacularly on my second interview. At one point I couldn't form a proper sentence. I was trying to read the interviewers too much, and I became more and more nervous as time went on. I sounded rehearsed. I ended up saying none of what I wanted to say despite being given the explicit chance to at the end, as I was too much in a state of "what have I done" to respond to the chance.

There's still the pooling system, but it's the worst feeling to realise how much damage you've done to yourself in 20 minutes.

I also badly derped the last not-particularly-hard derivative question on my first interview.

Yeah, don't count yourself out so soon. Out of the tens of thousands of individuals chosen, you got an interview at Cambridge, and that's no small feat.

I greatly enjoy the pleasant surprise of logging onto your banking account online and then seeing you have more money than you thought you did. I may have steak tonight for dinner. :D

Dude, I've interviewed thousands of people over the years. You haven't done as bad as you think you have. Yes, everyone can always do better, but really, you didn't puke on them, didn't burst into tears, I'm betting you didn't bs them, and if the YM face was any good, you just gave them insight that you are across contemporary art styles as used in popculture.

Good luck still, and fingers remain crossed.

That's why I said it was there to deter the dogs. :p It also keeps small children away when we have them over.

Last edited:
I know I said that some weeks ago, but Worst. Bones. Episode. Ever.

Last edited:
I stopped watching Bones a while ago, around the time she got pregnant because I thought it was just turning too much into a romantic drama rather than a crime mystery show. Too goddamn much fanservice.

I stopped watching Bones a while ago, around the time she got pregnant because I thought it was just turning too much into a romantic drama rather than a crime mystery show. Too goddamn much fanservice.
"Bones". Putting the "jerk" into "tear-jerker". They are telling the whole episode from the point of view of the victim's skull. The victim is a kid, so everyone is totally touched and emotional by that tragedy, even Bones herself cries a bit. And everone talks to the fucking skull.

FTFY.

Workers hired by a Russian oligarch accidently knock down his landmarked Chateau, giving him the opportunity to rebuilt it to his likes, instead of doing an expensive "respectful" restoration of the original building?

How could that ever happen?
A similar thing happened in my village, which was first founded in the 7th century.

A local entrepeneur bought a 15th century thatched cottage, the oldest building in thew area and a listed building.

Soon after, it caught fire and burnt down the roof and gutted the building. He thought that he could then knock it down and build apartments.

Errr, nope! He has to re-build it to original spec at a cost of thousands.

:lol:

Last edited:
Google, don't be evil you motherflippin' bastards, I'm kinda used to youtube style changes although now it takes more than 1 click for my abbos :mad: But google there is reason why i don't want my full name on my youtube channel !!!!!!!!!:shakefist::blowup:

Random Thoughts....

A similar thing happened in my village, which was first founded in the 7th century.

A local entrepeneur bought a 15th century thatched cottage, the oldest building in thew area and a listed building.

Soon after, it caught fire and burnt down the roof and gutted the building. He thought that he could then knock it down and build apartments.

Errr, nope! He has to re-build it to original spec at a cost of thousands.

:lol:

Wish that would happen here. The developers buy an old place, and a few months later there's a suspicious fire. It sits there ruined for months while its all investigated, and then finally the council lets them demolish it and build whatever they wanted, but weren't allowed to do previously.

"Bones". Putting the "jerk" into "tear-jerker". They are telling the whole episode from the point of view of the victim's skull. The victim is a kid, so everyone is totally touched and emotional by that tragedy, even Bones herself cries a bit. And everone talks to the fucking skull.

Sounds like the sort of storytelling M*A*S*H used to experiment with.

Google, don't be evil you motherflippin' bastards, I'm kinda used to youtube style changes although now it takes more than 1 click for my abbos :mad: But google there is reason why i don't want my full name on my youtube channel !!!!!!!!!:shakefist::blowup:

Pretty sure that is optional.

Pretty sure that is optional.

kinda is, but you gonna see it yourself when you login next time :p There are 6 sort of "Shove it up youre A**" buttons when you choose not to use youre real name.