Random Thoughts....

code for "AH HAHAHAHA HE'S GOIN BALD"

Wasn't so long ago I finished a 12-hour shift at work, next person wasn't showing up, so I checked out the schedule and the person scheduled for the next day was.... me.

Worse yet, I had
1. Woken up at 6am
2. Driven 9 hours back from Chicago
3. Gone straight to work for the 7p-7a shift

So by the time I got off at 7pm that night, I had been awake for 37 hours. I still have no idea how I got home without dying in a fireball.

Even for a family run business (it's my father's track)?

In principle it doesn't matter who owns the business. There are millions of exceptions though, but I suspect no exception would cover a planned 14-hour day to expand into 18 hours.
Then again, nobody's going to care as long as nobody's complaining. The biggest purpose of laws like these is to protect those who suffer under long days, not to hinder those who want them.

Concerning Jake's example, there is a minimum of 11 hours off-time between full working days so if for example you work today 14 to 23 you cannot be forced to come in tomorrow at 8. You can still come, but that's a different thing. And again, millions of exceptions.

Last edited:
Done. :) I'm quite wary of whether it's a good idea or not, since the Photoshopping forum is sparse enough as it is. Hopefully I'm not the only one who makes random crap all the time. :p

Done. :) I'm quite wary of whether it's a good idea or not, since the Photoshopping forum is sparse enough as it is. Hopefully I'm not the only one who makes random crap all the time. :p

Nope. I've considered it before but never bothered.

In principle it doesn't matter who owns the business. There are millions of exceptions though, but I suspect no exception would cover a planned 14-hour day to expand into 18 hours.
Then again, nobody's going to care as long as nobody's complaining. The biggest purpose of laws like these is to protect those who suffer under long days, not to hinder those who want them.

Concerning Jake's example, there is a minimum of 11 hours off-time between full working days so if for example you work today 14 to 23 you cannot be forced to come in tomorrow at 8. You can still come, but that's a different thing. And again, millions of exceptions.

Supposedly there's a law like that here, but I got forced to work extra hours that I didn't ask for and forced to work late shifts and then come back early in the morning less than 8 hours later.

Everyone told me to sue the pants off that place, but, I just didn't want to go through that legal shit...:dunno:

Supposedly there's a law like that here, but I got forced to work extra hours that I didn't ask for and forced to work late shifts and then come back early in the morning less than 8 hours later.

Everyone told me to sue the pants off that place, but, I just didn't want to go through that legal shit...:dunno:

If the legal route is no option then that's what strikes are for :dunno:

3) This just isn't the same anymore. Never thought I'd say it but the lack of Drew does actually make a huge difference...
[video=youtube;nZqk-WL7N1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqk-WL7N1w[/video]

I did not know of this. I don't think Aisha Tyler was the best choice... but it is The CW, which is a girly channel most of the time so obviously female host. Drew was someone you could make fun of for a laugh, from that preview the interactions with her look like they'll be awkward and not funny and she'll be overly serious/formal. We'll see, I guess. Those were just two forced 90210 clips, meh.

Drew also did a better job than Clive Anderson, but the show was perfectly fine with Clive behind the desk.

Last edited:
I did not know of this. I don't think Aisha Tyler was the best choice... but it is The CW, which is a girly channel most of the time so obviously female host. Drew was someone you could make fun of for a laugh, from that preview the interactions with her look like they'll be awkward and not funny and she'll be overly serious/formal. We'll see, I guess. Those were just two forced 90210 clips, meh.

Drew also did a better job than Clive Anderson, but the show was perfectly fine with Clive behind the desk.

It had to have been, since us 'Murricans decided it would be a great show to make our own copy of :mrgreen: I do love me some Whose Line, though...I went to see a Whose Live Anyway? Show a few years back in Seattle, it was pretty awesome.

Oh, and I've also met Ryan Stiles. He signed my shoe. :lol:

Had an MRI for my wrist earlier today, it has to be one of the most unpleasant experience I've had so far in life.

Results in three days.